English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 June 2003, 10:29   #1
Marcuz

indiana jones and the FoA

as in the subject this prob i noticed in indy, but i think it got out in other lucasarts adventures, just it's a lot i don't try them.

the game is hd installed on a hdf. first i tried to make it run under aiab, that come out with the graphics screwed up, but the game was running, with mouse pointer moving and all, just messed.
then i loaded the wb3.0, and it gets the same problem, just like the bloodwych'Wb

i've made it run fine with a custom wb (i boot the adf and start the game from the hdf).
BUT, and here is the main prob: the mouse pointer act on a zone that is always 1, 1 and a half cm under its position on screen!
is this a problem of display in winuae or a prob of settings inside the emulation?

i attach my config. file
Old 27 June 2003, 14:17   #2
Exodus

Your config seems to be allright, but I think that there are a couple of problems:

First, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was not designed to be run on AGA systems, so you need to select at least ECS on the Chipset tab. Make sure that you also are using the latest WinUAE version.

PS: If you really want to play IJFOA through Workbench, then I suggest that you enable some slow ram. Workbench and other shells need at least slow ram to get things going.
Old 27 June 2003, 21:08   #3
Marcuz

thanks for the advices, i've just tested the ecs + slowmem adjustements. but no luck, i keep having the same problem. are you aware of particular settings to try under workbench, i mean inside the emulation?
Old 28 June 2003, 05:01   #4
Exodus

You could try adjusting Workbench's ScreenMode. If that doesn't work, try the pre-made config files from Back to the Roots . I used the same config files to run IJFOA, and it worked without any problems.
Old 28 June 2003, 10:51   #5
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I had the same problem on my real Amiga 1200. The graphics were all garbled up. So I changed to ECS through the boot-menu and booted with no startup sequence. It then ran fine.
Old 29 June 2003, 01:20   #6
Marcuz

hey thanks to everybody! i tryied some more and a workbench 1.3 running a 68000 with ecs and rom 2.0 has done the trick!