English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 November 2002, 16:31   #1

Unhappy Unable to make input (CD32)

After some effort I have managed to get WinUAE to run my CD32 games by using Daemon Tools.

The problem is though the games will run I can't input anything, regardless of keyboard and joystick config no inputs whatsoever have any effect. Please help!

Old 09 November 2002, 19:15   #2
RetroMan

You can use the INPUT TAB for choosing CD32 Buttons Emulation (red,blue, yellow and so on) .... works fine with my standart PC gamepad here
Old 10 November 2002, 14:24   #3

I have discovered the problem. Each time I load my CD32 config even though I have saved the settings the top 5 input settings set to Joy2 get automatically changed to Joy1. Is this a program bug?

Even though I can now input movement and buttons I can't get my Wing Commander/Dangerous Streets Bundle CD to work. With volume name 'CD0' it goes to AmigaDos with various can't find errors. By renaming the drive to 'Bundle' the menu will load but nothing I select from the menu will. e.g. Bundle/c:avail unknown command, Please insert volume APP...

Old 10 November 2002, 15:30   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Each time I load my CD32 config even though I have saved the settings the top 5 input settings set to Joy2 get automatically changed to Joy1
It is a bug. Fixed in next release. (workaround: after saving the configuration use text editor to delete all lines starting with "input.x.joystick.1", where x is 1-4)

Quote:
With volume name 'CD0' it goes to AmigaDos
You need to emulate real CD32, not regular Amiga with CD drive. Set correct CD32 ROM and CD32 Extended ROM in ROM-tab, insert CD32 CD into your CDROM drive and start the emulation. Most CD32 games work in both modes but some need special CD32 hardware features.

Search EAB's old messages for more information..
Old 11 November 2002, 03:08   #5

Thumbs up

Thankyou for your assistance. Looks like I now need to get updated ASPI drivers, though I recall last time I tried to update ASPI drivers it broke EPSXe's CDROM support. CD32 or PSX emu CD support hmm, which one shall I choose?

Old 11 November 2002, 03:46   #6
RetroMan

Go for CD32 Emulation
Old 12 November 2002, 02:37   #7

Yes! It works! Those CD32 days are here again. At least I hoped but my computer isn't fast enough to handle the games as only a 750mhz AMD Duron.

Looks like it's going to be a while before I can rack up some kills on the Wing Commander killboard. I'll never get above 2nd LT Marshall with the current jerkyness. I suppose I could just kill him, and then I get to watch his funeral too (no one knows it was me ), but I would need to get to mission 4 before he would be on my wing.

Whatever happened to branching, adaptive storylines in space flight games? Wing Commander 1 is the only one I can think of where the Campaign radically changes based on your performance and if people die the storyline changes (instead of them ejecting every time their ship explodes).