English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 December 2013, 18:56   #21
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
If you can figure out a way to get it working it'd be really appreciated here. Thanks for all the work you've put in so far!
Old 27 December 2013, 22:12   #22
nujack
Zone Friend

A CD32 version would be nice.
Old 27 December 2013, 22:37   #23
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I don't think just grafting in the loader would be that difficult in theory. Apart from RAM the only real hassle I had in Uridium32 was with INT2 (music player clashes with loader).

But in practice, as Codetapper said, the bigger challenge would be to make the memory map less fragmented. This would need to be done first to provide space for the loader and buffers so they wouldn't be over written. This would probably be best achieved using WHDLoad as some kind of test harness and then remove the resload dependancies later.

If I can help you guys out with anything give me a nudge
Old 28 December 2013, 00:44   #24
SolderPCB

musashi did you make a cdtv version of Uridium 2?

The one on RGCDs website doesn't work. I have a memory expanded cdtv

I think this game is ocs/ecs compatible.
Old 28 December 2013, 01:08   #25
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolderPCB View Post
musashi did you make a cdtv version of Uridium 2?

The one on RGCDs website doesn't work. I have a memory expanded cdtv

I think this game is ocs/ecs compatible.
His version is for CD32 only I think, not CDTV
Old 28 December 2013, 02:31   #26
SolderPCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
His version is for CD32 only I think, not CDTV
I tried to make a cdtv iso of that uridium 2 but it always gave error.

But it worked with other cd32 games like chuck rock, battletoads and lotus that used an rnc disk loader.

When I made a cdtv discs of them. I guess there are some more compatible rnc loaders that others? The cannon fodder one is bad though.
Old 28 December 2013, 16:58   #27
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Sorry but Uridium32 definately won't work on a CDTV without modification. The RGCD startup picture (on the released version) is AGA for starters. It's coded for 2MB chipram and also it has some 020+ instructions in there too (hitting VBR & CACR).

I had the CD32 as a target machine and that's what it was coded for. Sorry if you wasted some time & CDRs trying it for CDTV.
Old 29 December 2013, 00:36   #28
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Putty Squad CD32 is somewhat important for that machine. It would be a perfect successor of Silly Putty and another fine game available too.

+1
Old 29 December 2013, 11:28   #29
manic23
Only Amiga!

Oooooh yes please
Old 29 December 2013, 12:11   #30
Phantom
Adventurer

That would be very interesting; a CD32 version. Including the CDDA from PlayStation will be marvellous.
Old 29 December 2013, 16:26   #31
Telemachus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
That would be very interesting; a CD32 version. Including the CDDA from PlayStation will be marvellous.
I thought the reasons for this not happening would be obvious

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Putty-Squad-.../dp/B00GXPQ7GW
Old 29 December 2013, 16:35   #32
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Is not remotely going to happen, so please, engage brain before making such a ludicrous request!!!
Old 29 December 2013, 16:54   #33
Amiga1992

Quote:
Is not remotely going to happen
Unless interest in the standard AGA version proves to be high enough for System 3 to consider the selling an affordable CD32 version, which I'd be more than happy to buy!
Old 29 December 2013, 16:58   #34
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Unless interest in the standard AGA version proves to be high enough for System 3 to consider the selling an affordable CD32 version, which I'd be more than happy to buy!
I doubt thats going to happen either.

How many CD32's were sold? How many are left that people use?

I think its fair to say there is ZERO chance of System 3 doing anything official with Putty Squad for CD32...... EVER!
Old 29 December 2013, 17:22   #35
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
I doubt thats going to happen either.

How many CD32's were sold? How many are left that people use?

I think its fair to say there is ZERO chance of System 3 doing anything official with Putty Squad for CD32...... EVER!
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are some what similar to the A1200, according to Wikipedia 95,000 A1200's in Germany

The CD32 entry says 100,000 for Europe although that could be just be figures from Commodore in Germany again, but even if it is just Europe there is still the rest of the world and it seems like they did get around.

They appear on eBay more often than not and it seems like more people have them on EAB these days.

Suffice to say there are plenty to go around for people still into Amiga.

I would be interested to know if System 3 talked about a CD32 version back in the day.
Old 29 December 2013, 17:51   #36
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are some what similar to the A1200, according to Wikipedia 95,000 A1200's in Germany

The CD32 entry says 100,000 for Europe although that could be just be figures from Commodore in Germany again, but even if it is just Europe there is still the rest of the world and it seems like they did get around.

They appear on eBay more often than not and it seems like more people have them on EAB these days.

Suffice to say there are plenty to go around for people still into Amiga.

I would be interested to know if System 3 talked about a CD32 version back in the day.
Sorry I totally disagree. A1200 sales dwarfed the CD32.

If I can get Putty Squad working on CD32, be happy with that, but any talk of doing anything more with it is futile, its not going to happen.

I don't have the required permission to use the source code to do anything other than what i've done, I don't even have permission to do a CD32 version, but the fact that I can use a the RNC CD32 loader and not altering the game at all, likely won't bother System 3 at all.

Going further than that, its just not going to happen, so please folks, lets not clutter this thread up with wishes, lets only concern ourselves with getting it working on CD32 and leave it at that
Old 30 December 2013, 15:23   #37
sokolovic

It's a bit off topic but since you were speaking of the lack of chipram of the CD32, I'd like to understand something. The MegaCD got only 512kBit of ram. How is it possible for him to run games like Final Fight, Flink and others ?
I may understand that with a cardridge there is no problem since the game is directly loaded from the rom but if it's reading directly from CD how is it possible for this machine to run such games ? Flink on the CD32 is much more uglier then the Mega CD version, Wonderdog also, and a part of Microcosm, almost every games that the two consoles shares are better on the Mega CD...
Old 30 December 2013, 17:40   #38
other_reality

Quote:
lets only concern ourselves with getting it working on CD32 and leave it at that
Sure thing, I would be pretty happy with that

* Almost forgot my vote !

+1 !
Old 30 December 2013, 20:31   #39
tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
It's a bit off topic but since you were speaking of the lack of chipram of the CD32, I'd like to understand something. The MegaCD got only 512kBit of ram. How is it possible for him to run games like Final Fight, Flink and others ?
I may understand that with a cardridge there is no problem since the game is directly loaded from the rom but if it's reading directly from CD how is it possible for this machine to run such games ? Flink on the CD32 is much more uglier then the Mega CD version, Wonderdog also, and a part of Microcosm, almost every games that the two consoles shares are better on the Mega CD...
As said above it's coded to expect 2MB RAM, and on top then uses it in a slightly inefficient way. AGA Amiga == at least 2MB ram so stands to reason you'd code expecting to be able to make use of all of it.

Mega CD games would have been coded with the expectation of 512kbit RAM, and load and ditch stuff in and out of RAM where necessary.
Old 31 December 2013, 08:52   #40
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin View Post
As said above it's coded to expect 2MB RAM, and on top then uses it in a slightly inefficient way. AGA Amiga == at least 2MB ram so stands to reason you'd code expecting to be able to make use of all of it.

Mega CD games would have been coded with the expectation of 512kbit RAM, and load and ditch stuff in and out of RAM where necessary.
So you're telling me that Flink could have been better on CD32 if better coded ? And Final Fight is possible on CD32 ?

EDIT : and thanks for your answer !