English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 January 2009, 02:13   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
It works on 3.4 now.. there`s a beta2 version of the hack .. works a treat !
They altered the TP hack?, cause last I read, if you had 3.4 the TP hack wouldnt work any more. If you already had it installed, the update left the HBC alone.
Old 03 January 2009, 02:32   #22
pubzombie

Quote:
It works on 3.4 now.. there`s a beta2 version of the hack .. works a treat !
guys you really do baffle me you are truly rocket scientists. i got the wii mainly for my girlfriend and her friends to use as they used to moan like hell about me playing shooters on xboxlive, mame, or world of warcraft when we got in from the pub. I would really love to set up the home brew channel and get speccy, miggy emu and c64 emu running on there. so if anybody can confirm the above still works and spelll it out in six year old terms - i will fish the net too - i would be grateful. I have owned all the nintendo consoles over the last couple of decades but they were always played more by other members of the family. there have been fewer titles that have really grabbed me on the nintendo that other platforms - i still play GOLDEN EYE with my nextdoor nieghbour when our other halves go out with the girls, and it still ends with his total and utter destruction at the hands of Oddbod. He plays jaws so i always just run around on my knees so he cant get a head shot. we even have a cardboard partition on the TV so he cant cheat - the git
Old 03 January 2009, 11:09   #23
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I can confirm that the latest TP hack (twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2) works fine with firmware 3.4e

Last edited by alexh; 03 January 2009 at 11:17.
Old 03 January 2009, 11:53   #24
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Ues.. and follow this to install HBChannel
Old 03 January 2009, 15:41   #25
pubzombie

thankyou, i will order a copy of that game and give it a go.
cheers for being patient
Old 03 January 2009, 16:41   #26
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Rent it from Blockbuster
Old 03 January 2009, 23:14   #27
pubzombie

good idea that man
Old 04 January 2009, 03:34   #28
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Been a fan of Nintendo's magic for some time and wouldn't be without a wii but i certainly have been disapointed with how easy their games have become

Mario Galaxy is a little too easy to the point of being insulting and has little of the playground fooling around you could mess with from SM64.The sheer interaction that could be had with Mario's acrobatics and just general athletic ability off of walls for example was something i never though Nintendo would take out - maybe Shigs thought the casuals couldn't handle the deep array of moves?

Zelda Twilight is not challenging in any real sense when it comes to the brilliant combat and unlike previous Zelda's, it leads you by the hand way too much.The last dungeons you basically go from one dungeon to the next without any scratching of head and it's positively puzzling why the already working template was messed with like this.Part of the thrill in a Zelda game is the continual getting stuck and forever fishing for clues i thought but Twilight basically tells you where to go every time.Beautiful game though(and to think this is a GC game) is TW and i did still very much enjoy it.Midna is adorable

Pikmin is a wonderful game with the sequel being very special indeed.Can;t wait for the 3rd one

The game i play mostly on Wii however would be Excitetruck.Astonishing game that to me is the modern equivalent of Stunt car racer.Once you master this seemingly only reasonable racer, it's a game you can't put down.Genius frankly

Not so sure about Mario Kart wii though

Metroid 3 has lost a lot of the original's sensational atmosphere and lonely feel but it plays nicely enough and is worth getting

Nintendo this gen is doing very well and that makes me happy but in appealing more to the new found casual audience, their aproach to game design seems has to have altered to the point that their games are no longer adult anymore.Fans would always viciously defend their beloved Nintendo for making brilliant and adult games(even though on the outside they did look like they had been made for kids) but now i'm not sure i can argue this

I don't like really hard games these days to be honest but iv'e not enjoyed some of Nintendo's overly baby like games of late and can only hope they find ways to appeal to both audiences for future iterations - i'd be happy with ranking, anything though so you get more from the games

Galaxy does have flashes of genius though and it's about as gorgeous as it gets for wii

Last edited by Adropac2; 04 January 2009 at 03:45.
Old 04 January 2009, 13:37   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
Been a fan of Nintendo's magic for some time and wouldn't be without a wii but i certainly have been disapointed with how easy their games have become

Mario Galaxy is a little too easy to the point of being insulting and has little of the playground fooling around you could mess with from SM64.The sheer interaction that could be had with Mario's acrobatics and just general athletic ability off of walls for example was something i never though Nintendo would take out - maybe Shigs thought the casuals couldn't handle the deep array of moves?

Zelda Twilight is not challenging in any real sense when it comes to the brilliant combat and unlike previous Zelda's, it leads you by the hand way too much.The last dungeons you basically go from one dungeon to the next without any scratching of head and it's positively puzzling why the already working template was messed with like this.Part of the thrill in a Zelda game is the continual getting stuck and forever fishing for clues i thought but Twilight basically tells you where to go every time.Beautiful game though(and to think this is a GC game) is TW and i did still very much enjoy it.Midna is adorable

Pikmin is a wonderful game with the sequel being very special indeed.Can;t wait for the 3rd one

The game i play mostly on Wii however would be Excitetruck.Astonishing game that to me is the modern equivalent of Stunt car racer.Once you master this seemingly only reasonable racer, it's a game you can't put down.Genius frankly

Not so sure about Mario Kart wii though

Metroid 3 has lost a lot of the original's sensational atmosphere and lonely feel but it plays nicely enough and is worth getting

Nintendo this gen is doing very well and that makes me happy but in appealing more to the new found casual audience, their aproach to game design seems has to have altered to the point that their games are no longer adult anymore.Fans would always viciously defend their beloved Nintendo for making brilliant and adult games(even though on the outside they did look like they had been made for kids) but now i'm not sure i can argue this

I don't like really hard games these days to be honest but iv'e not enjoyed some of Nintendo's overly baby like games of late and can only hope they find ways to appeal to both audiences for future iterations - i'd be happy with ranking, anything though so you get more from the games

Galaxy does have flashes of genius though and it's about as gorgeous as it gets for wii
Errrrrrm, I have to ask, what does this have to with Amiga Emulator on Wii?
Old 04 January 2009, 14:59   #30
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

We kinda went off topic a bit when the thread author said there was nothing worth playing on the Wii
Old 04 January 2009, 16:33   #31
stainy
Zone Friend

hehe

I`m waiting for an update on UAE4WII

Bit more compatibility and a nicer UI...
Old 04 January 2009, 18:09   #32
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

FOL - Look away .. Coz this post has nothing to do with Amiga either.

Just a heads up for ppl with mod'd Wii's. I dl a dvd with emu's for 8 systems (no Amiga) recently. It runs systems like SNES farkin perfect. You need a GameCube controller for em, which i see 2nd hand for about £4-5 or you could do as i did and splash outa whopping £9 on a brand new one.
8640 roms on the disk too , and the Emu's all seem to run perfect .. Im flabbergasted ... My gasted is flabbered!

Right the disc i got has expired from the servers, but it looks like the same that somebody has re-posted 146 days ago. So you need a good news server, or wait whilst i up it to .

Code:
Wii.Emulator.Disc.MULTI.8640.ROMS.Wii-iND

releasedate: 19.04.2008

912 NES GAMES
2916 GBC GAMES
277 SMS GAMES
92 NGP GAMES
3360 SNES GAMES
847 SMD GAMES
236 TURBO GFX GAMES

have fun
Attached Files
File Type: zip 8640nzb.zip (847.9 KB, 168 views)
Old 04 January 2009, 19:14   #33
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_0rga5m View Post
It runs systems like SNES farkin perfect.
Not quite perfect, but as good as Snes9x 1.51 gets.

You dont need a Gamecube controller. You can get away with a Wiimote and a Nun-Chuck.

There are lots of emulators available for download directly on the Wii once you've got the Homebrew channel installed. The latest versions have SAMBA support so you dont need fart around making a DVD disc, just play the games off a PC over the wireless network.

The official N64 VC titles are still much better than any N64 homebrew emulator on the wii.

Last edited by alexh; 04 January 2009 at 19:23.
Old 04 January 2009, 19:56   #34
stainy
Zone Friend

Giganews is great! let me get this!! cheers!!
Old 04 January 2009, 19:57   #35
stainy
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post

The official N64 VC titles are still much better than any N64 homebrew emulator on the wii.
Thats because the emulator is still fairly new and runs stuff at half speed!

hence... not great atm
Old 04 January 2009, 22:00   #36
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I just wish that someone could figure a way to replace the ROM's in the VC games. It can only be some sort of official Nintendo N64 emulator, no?

My favourite games were all RARE titles which are now M$

Quote:
Giganews is great!
Tad expensive.
Old 05 January 2009, 06:19   #37
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I just wish that someone could figure a way to replace the ROM's in the VC games.
VC ROM injection has been widespread for some time, it's long winded but nothing you couldn't handle. BTW if you liked deblob then you must try World of Goo, it's brill.
Quote:
Giganews is great!
It's even better when your ISP provides it (and Astranews) at no additional cost over dedicated backhaul
Old 05 January 2009, 10:34   #38
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
BTW if you liked deblob then you must try World of Goo, it's brill.
See above
Old 05 January 2009, 17:09   #39
extralife

I didn't know u could do all this on a wii and not even have to hardware hack it seriously playing monkey island on a wii and a bigass tv so easy, i'm seriously considering getting one of the now thats for sure......strangest info one can from being an amiga user lol thx
Old 05 January 2009, 17:28   #40
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Day of the Tentacle (CD-Talkie) is cool.