English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 08 January 2011, 03:36   #241
BobRedthorp
Huge member

I was thinking that too as I found I needed to install Workbench via WinUAE then add that directory in PUAE, ah well, runs adfs really well
Old 22 September 2012, 22:16   #242
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

So, is this fork of e-uae pandora-oriented?. Could bring it problems using it in mac?.
Old 22 September 2012, 22:20   #243
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Not really, it's for unix in general now. It works great and imports some nice features from WinUAE.
Old 22 September 2012, 23:53   #244
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Where are the sources to compile?. All i can see is a git repository, and i dont have or used git, to get the correct files.
Old 23 September 2012, 08:47   #245
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Look again at https://github.com/GnoStiC/PUAE
See the button "zip" somewhere near the upper left corner? That's where you can get all the sources in a zip archive.
Old 29 July 2013, 01:28   #246
KenBotwinick

I still have these errors using the latest git pull and compiling using build_macos_cocoa.sh:

joystick.c:78: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:79: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:81: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:82: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:83: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:84: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:85: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:86: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
joystick.c:94: error: conflicting types for ‘input_get_default_joystick’
../../src/include/inputdevice.h:163: error: previous declaration of ‘input_get_default_joystick’ was here
make[3]: *** [joystick.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I see this error all over the place in the forums, but I don't see any explicit way to fix it. Driving me nuts...

Can anyone help?

Just saw Pacific Rim so now I want to play Mechforce on Amiga... :-P

Old 30 July 2013, 18:59   #247
emufan

"input_get_default_joystick" was defined twice , in joystick.c and inputdevice.h

/src/include/inputdevice.h line 163:
Code:
int input_get_default_joystick (struct uae_input_device *uid, int num, int port, int af, int mode, bool gp);
edit that file in line 163, so it looks now like this:
Code:
// int input_get_default_joystick (struct uae_input_device *uid, int num, int port, int af, int mode, bool gp);
EDIT: this is the definition in joystick.c - looks different compared to inputdevice.h above.

src/jd-amigainput/joystick.c , line 345:
Code:
int input_get_default_joystick (struct uae_input_device *uid, int num, int port, int cd32)
if changing inputdevice.h does not work, revert changes in "inputdevice.h" and change joystick.c to:

Code:
// int input_get_default_joystick (struct uae_input_device *uid, int num, int port, int cd32)
changing joystick.c as described will fail, i guess , but give it a try

Edit: btw. there is fs-uae for macosx

Last edited by emufan; 30 July 2013 at 19:14.
Old 31 July 2013, 01:34   #248
KenBotwinick

Actually, the way it generally works is the source has the entire function definition and the header has the signature line only. So i don't think it's really defined in two places and one of them should be commented out.

But it's definitely the case that the signature line in the header should match the function definition in the source regarding number/type of arguments...

So thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I just figured there was already a solution out there...

Old 31 July 2013, 19:09   #249
emufan

there is another thread about the p-uae macosx issue. they run into more errors after fixing the joystick thing.

if you dont stick to p-uae, try fs-uae. is really cool, get the launcher version (launcher binary is in a subfolder) . the "f12" menu is also worth a look
Old 01 August 2013, 23:18   #250
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
I find compiling can be very touchy.

If you define libs in a certain order, you can get lots of weird errors. Change libs around errors go away.

Even moving functions to a different place in the files, sometimes solve issues.

Crazy.
Old 25 December 2013, 18:52   #251
palaste

Compiling P-UAE on Fedora 17

I'm trying to compile P-UAE on Fedora 17 Linux on an x86_64 system. When I type "./build_linux_nojit.sh", I get the following errors:

gfxboard.c: In function ‘gfxboard_wget_mem’:
gfxboard.c:1078:29: error: ‘S_READ’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gfxboard.c:1079:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
gfxboard.c: In function ‘gfxboard_bget_mem’:
gfxboard.c:1086:29: error: ‘S_READ’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gfxboard.c:1087:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
gfxboard.c: In function ‘gfxboard_lput_mem’:
gfxboard.c:1094:29: error: ‘S_WRITE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gfxboard.c:1095:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
gfxboard.c: In function ‘gfxboard_wput_mem’:
gfxboard.c:1102:29: error: ‘S_WRITE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gfxboard.c:1103:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
gfxboard.c: In function ‘gfxboard_bput_mem’:
gfxboard.c:1110:29: error: ‘S_WRITE’ undeclared (first use in this function)

What is the cause of these errors? Do I need to install some additional library? What do these S_READ and S_WRITE things even mean?
Old 25 December 2013, 20:45   #252
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

palaste,
My nojit fix which i used for compiling puae for android
puae-nojit_fix.patch
Old 25 December 2013, 23:02   #253
palaste

E-UAE (the latest "WIP" version) is available for Fedora Linux under rpmfusion. I also tried FS-UAE, which seems to be primarily targeted for consoles.

I did manage to get P-UAE to compile by removing "$scsi" from the configure options and adding the definitions of S_READ, S_WRITE, max_z3fastmem and natmem_offset by hand (although I mistakenly made natmem_offset a scalar instead of a pointer). Then, when I ran P-UAE, I got an empty black window and no configuration window. The messages on stdout showed P-UAE doesn't understand "~" to mean my home directory. I edited .uaerc to add the absolute pathname of my home directory instead of "~" and restarted.
P-UAE loaded and booted up my emulated Amiga 4000 based on the directories I had configured as hard disks, although I still didn't get a configuration window. The Amiga Prefs weren't loaded either, instead I got a bog-standard 4 colour display instead of my nice 64 colour one.
I was able to load and play Hybris on WHDLoad, but there the fun ended. After I quit P-UAE, neither P-UAE, E-UAE or FS-UAE were able to boot the emulated Amiga up any more. The uae process just hung, consuming 100% of CPU power, until I manually killed it from the Linux console.
I rebooted my computer, but it didn't help. Then I reinstalled the whole operating system (keeping my home directory intact), and reinstalled E-UAE (but not P-UAE). That didn't help.
Then I deleted the entire directory containing the emulated Amiga's hard disks, and reinstalled it from a backup. This time E-UAE was able to start as normal. I haven't tried P-UAE or FS-UAE yet.

E-UAE emulates the Amiga nicely, but is prone to slowdown, especially when emulating games instead of the Amiga WorkBench. It also has too few configuration options, for instance it is missing saving/restoring the system state, and it always uses a 1×1 pixel ratio, when I would like to have full-screen emulation, using 4×4 pixels per a single Amiga pixel, for better gaming experience.
FS-UAE provides this full-screen emulation, and runs fast, but its run-time configuration is butt-ugly. It forces me to use the cursor keys, as if I were using a PlayStation or a Nintendo DS, when my Linux PC has a fully usable mouse. FS-UAE also has a rather annoying simulated "clicking" noise when the emulated Amiga tries to read a floppy drive that doesn't have a disk in it.
Will P-UAE give me FS-UAE's speed and options with E-UAE's user interface?
Old 26 December 2013, 23:26   #254
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palaste View Post
FS-UAE also has a rather annoying simulated "clicking" noise when the emulated Amiga tries to read a floppy drive that doesn't have a disk in it.
floppy_drive_volume = 0