English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 25 March 2016, 12:25   #61
Lazycow

The non-playable demo is ready:
powergloveteaser.lha
powergloveteaser.adf.zip
requirements: Amiga 500 with 1 MB (or better)

I could only test it with kickstart3 machines, but it should also work with older kickstarts. If you encounter any problems, please tell me here.
Old 25 March 2016, 13:15   #62
wXR

Sweet, nice work!
Old 25 March 2016, 13:45   #63
DamienD
Banned

Cheers for the non-playable demo Lazycow; very cool

Tested via WinUAE using a "A500 - 1.3 ROM, OCS, 512 KB Chip + 512 KB Slow RAM" config and all good
Old 25 March 2016, 13:57   #64
nobody

graphics are looking great
Old 25 March 2016, 14:01   #65
Amiga1992

Awesome!
Old 25 March 2016, 16:58   #66
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazycow View Post

The non-playable demo is ready:
powergloveteaser.lha
powergloveteaser.adf.zip
requirements: Amiga 500 with 1 MB (or better)

I could only test it with kickstart3 machines, but it should also work with older kickstarts. If you encounter any problems, please tell me here.
And how to see something more than short intro and title screen with orange monsters coming from left to right?
Old 25 March 2016, 18:01   #67
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
And how to see something more than short intro and title screen with orange monsters coming from left to right?
Have some patience, jeez.
Old 25 March 2016, 18:14   #68
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Have some patience, jeez.
I have been waiting for three minutes and nothing happened. They kept on coming.
Old 25 March 2016, 19:04   #69
Lazycow

Thanks for the three minute long-time test, mailman!
It's just a non-playable demo, nothing else will happen, sorry. To see more, you have to wait for the game itself... later this year.
Old 25 March 2016, 19:08   #70
Gzegzolka

Nice now I'm waiting for more.
Old 25 March 2016, 19:21   #71
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Thanks for the three minute long-time test, mailman!
It's just a non-playable demo, nothing else will happen, sorry. To see more, you have to wait for the game itself... later this year.
OK, but I have been expecting a little bit more out of this "non-playable demo" than just a short introduction with a title screen. I hoped to see some game mechanics in two or three in-game screens when a hero is controlled by AI. Calling it non-playable demo is a bit understatement.

Nevertheless, I look forward to trying out this game. Good luck with your work. I will be following this thread in case there is some progress.
Old 25 March 2016, 22:01   #72
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
OK, but I have been expecting a little bit more out of this "non-playable demo" than just a short introduction with a title screen.
For fuck's sake. It is a non-playable demo. A rolling demo.
If you wanna know about Powerglove gameplay mechanics, you could have googled or read the whole thread and found out that this is a C64 port so you could assume mechanics will be pretty much the same as the C64 version, especially after how Lazycow has explained that the game mechanics layer is straight up identical.
[ Show youtube player ]

But no, by all means, be a 8=D
Old 25 March 2016, 22:47   #73
Lazycow

Well, I have to admit that "non-playable demo" is a boastfully word for this little teaser. While Akira's video link is valid, I want to remark that the Amiga version might have additional game elements, because I have CPU time left: Amiga power for the powerglove...
(I am currently investigating)
Old 25 March 2016, 23:31   #74
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
For fuck's sake. It is a non-playable demo. A rolling demo.
If you wanna know about Powerglove gameplay mechanics, you could have googled or read the whole thread and found out that this is a C64 port so you could assume mechanics will be pretty much the same as the C64 version, especially after how Lazycow has explained that the game mechanics layer is straight up identical.
[ Show youtube player ]

But no, by all means, be a 8=D
Anymore else you wanted to say? Or maybe a cultural and reasonable discussion is beyond your comprehension? Offensive attitude will not help you much since you probably haven't even bothered downloading and running the file.

A rolling demo means "rolling". Not a static. I think that Lazycow had also already noticed it and I hope that pretty soon he will deliver a true rolling demo at least. Mechanics in C64 version and Amiga version might be different. Looking at the screens and reading stories does not make anyones subjective feeling towards something.

So if we are hyping over something, let's have something to be hyped about. So far we are still waiting to really find out how the game will look like and typing "amazing and awesome" does not bring us any closer to it. And what is more, it is simply false interpretation of facts.

Lazycow, keep up the good work.
Old 26 March 2016, 02:02   #75
nobody

Lazycow what is the possibility to make a level editor, change palettes, change sprites editor, change music etc? A platform game engine in short.
Old 26 March 2016, 10:17   #76
Gzegzolka

Quote:
Well, I have to admit that "non-playable demo" is a boastfully word for this little teaser. While Akira's video link is valid, I want to remark that the Amiga version might have additional game elements, because I have CPU time left: Amiga power for the powerglove...
(I am currently investigating)
maybe You could add small animated details to levels, stuff based on two-frame animation or color cycle gradients. I think on small water drops from ceiling, giant crystals that could shine from time to time and gradient based any kind of hi-tech equipment like power lines, some blinking dots, screens that show noise.
Old 26 March 2016, 11:10   #77
Lazycow

@nobody: There's a very rough edit mode in Powerglove, which has been used to build the rooms. It was just used to save space in the original C64 cartridge. It would be too much work to turn everything into a construction kit and it would be a very basic construction kit.

@Gzegzolka: You're basicly describing a new scenario, which would be a base for a potential Powerglove-II. (which isn't planned) I think it would delay the game too much. I am currently testing to just increase the amount of robots for more action. (and yes, then the powerglove needs more power, too)
Old 26 March 2016, 12:20   #78
Gzegzolka

First finish this game how about adding not animated scenery parts? as You say You can always add more monsters, just make them very weak with very small amount of HP and there will be more action or You can try to add new visual effects like screen shake if You fall from long distance, short white blast if You destroy something big, or maybe do something like flashlight and darkness (like in Alien Breed Tower Assault or Marvelous Marvin).
Old 26 March 2016, 23:23   #79
majikeyric

Cool teaser!
Old 03 April 2016, 12:07   #80
Lazycow

@Gzegzolka: Ok, here's a screenshake test...

@nobody: Maybe it depends how you define "an engine"... If you're programming in C or assembler, then you could use the Powerglove low-level code as a base and then change everything to your needs...