English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 November 2017, 13:44   #21
BadHatGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Yeah, that's the sort of thing, I have 2 port and 4 port ones for serial and parallel, both manual and auto switching. I used to have a 4 port one on my A1200 parallel port that worked well with the stuff I had at the time, and a serial one on my A500 with a modem on one port and a null modem serial cable on the other that connected my A500 and A1200.
That sux if there's no retailers over there that sells them. You could always try eBay and eBid and see if anything's available, even a used one should do you if its cheap enough. I would dig one of mine out for you but the postage would probably be more than it's worth.
No worries. I'll keep an eye out for one. Seems AmigaKit are a bit glitchy at the moment too. Their page for the MAS player says 'in stock', but I'm unable to buy/add to cart. Why, oh why do they dangle it so? Shot them an email just now about it.

Last edited by BadHatGamer; 12 November 2017 at 13:48. Reason: There, their, they're.....Its all the same!
Old 12 November 2017, 13:55   #22
ptyerman

Vesalia have a parallel 4 port switchbox listed for 6.90 Euro, don't know what shipping would be though.
Old 12 November 2017, 14:18   #23
BadHatGamer

Quote:
Vesalia have a parallel 4 port switchbox listed for 6.90 Euro, don't know what shipping would be though.
Couldn't locate the one on Vesalia. Their search isn't the most accurate. There are a few on EvilBAY from all over the place though. One here in Australia , albeit a bit more costly - which sadly is normal. Question is, do I want it before Christmas?

Probably will wait until after, as there's little point without getting at least either the MAS player or Plibox first.
Old 12 November 2017, 15:44   #24
ptyerman

I just typed switchbox in the search box at Vesalia and it came up. It's listed as in stock but there's no picture of it so don't know how it looks.
Good that you have other options though, cheaper the better, that way if one or the other doesn't work you won't lose a lot.
I never had problems with stuff not working, though it was older 80's and 90's hardware I used at the time.
Old 12 November 2017, 16:24   #25
BadHatGamer

Quote:
I just typed switchbox in the search box at Vesalia and it came up.
That will teach me for trying to be too accurate by using more than one keyword.

AmigaKit got back to me pretty fast about the Mas Player. Apparently some part(s) they need to produce them have been discontinued - so they're out of stock until they can find replacements.

I guess now I'm left with tossing up a Plibox from Europe or a MorphOS license (for my restored AmiMac G4) for the moment, and do the rest after Christmas.

Ghaah! Decisions, decisions!

[EDIT]

I might just go the MorphOS route for the moment, as its a bit too close to the Christmas postal mayhem for shipping stuff from Europe.

Last edited by BadHatGamer; 12 November 2017 at 16:26. Reason: Too many decisions!