English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 August 2010, 12:54   #1
thomas

F12 menu appears even if WinUAE is not in focus

If you use Alt-Tab to move to another application's window and then press F12 in that application, WinUAE opens its config window nevertheless. This is even more annoying if you use multiple instances of WinUAE because all instances open their config window when you press F12 once.

Addition: if you press F12 while the GUI is open, it opens immediately again when you close it.

Last edited by thomas; 13 August 2010 at 13:03.
Old 13 August 2010, 13:06   #2
chiark
Needs a life

If another window is able to receive focus - eg an explorer window - , the config window in WinUAE doesn't open for me when f12 is pressed after alt-tabbing out. (2.2 and 2.3b10, WinXP SP3, both windowed and fullscreen)

If there is no other window to accept focus (eg if WinUAE is the only window), then WinUAE still has focus... Even though the title bar text changes.

Before Toni jumps on you, any more info on your setup?
Old 13 August 2010, 13:51   #3
thomas

Different PCs, different Windows versions, different WinUAE configs. No specific setup.
Old 13 August 2010, 14:37   #4
chiark
Needs a life

hmm, that's odd. I can't replicate it - I've tried on my win7 machine too. (Then again, I couldn't replicate the window sizing bug that Toni said was known, so I'm no good at this testing lark! )
Old 13 August 2010, 19:04   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I can't duplicate. ALT-TAB and then F12 = GUI does not open.
Old 13 August 2010, 19:38   #6
thomas

Seems it does no longer happen in 2.3. The PCs I tested had 2.2 running.

However, what did not change and what I only recognised during these tests is that a config with both native and RTG set to windowed, after booting up and Workbench switched to RTG, the mouse pointer is trapped at the left edge of the window. It can only be moved up and down and only a few pixels to the right. Only after F12 and cancel it can be moved over the entire Workbench screen. Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (9.8 KB, 207 views)
Old 13 August 2010, 20:02   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Seems it does no longer happen in 2.3. The PCs I tested had 2.2 running.
beta 1: - rawkeyboard hardcoded F12 check ignored focus

Quote:
However, what did not change and what I only recognised during these tests is that a config with both native and RTG set to windowed, after booting up and Workbench switched to RTG, the mouse pointer is trapped at the left edge of the window. It can only be moved up and down and only a few pixels to the right. Only after F12 and cancel it can be moved over the entire Workbench screen. Logs attached.
Never seen this. Are you 100% sure this also happened in older versions?
Old 13 August 2010, 22:35   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
...set to windowed, after booting up and Workbench switched to RTG, the mouse pointer is trapped at the left edge of the window. It can only be moved up and down and only a few pixels to the right
In windowed mode, if you do NOT press F12+Cancel to stop the mouse from being "encaged", but instead simply ALT-TAB to another application and then back to WinUAE window, can the mouse move "freely" across the screen afterwards or is it still trapped in its tiny area?
Old 14 August 2010, 18:06   #9
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Never seen this. Are you 100% sure this also happened in older versions?
I just replaced the existing winuae.exe with the latest beta and I am not sure which version was there before. But the version before had the F12 problem and if you say that beta 1 fixed that one, it must have been one before B1 because it had the F12 problem.

However, I am not so much interested in fixing this. I usually don't use this combination, I only set it in the config for testing the F12 problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
In windowed mode, if you do NOT press F12+Cancel to stop the mouse from being "encaged", but instead simply ALT-TAB to another application and then back to WinUAE window, can the mouse move "freely" across the screen afterwards or is it still trapped in its tiny area?
Alt-Tab and back rescues the mouse from its trap, too.
Old 14 August 2010, 23:44   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Alt-Tab and back rescues the mouse from its trap, too.
Thanks for the answer ... go figure, identical behavior here, too.
Maybe just this characteristic might help Toni to get another step forward in finding the problem's origin.