English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 21 January 2018, 16:32   #21
chip

DamienD they probably need time to discover the new treasure and let you know something about it

Personally speaking you already know that i'm interested in demos and not games

I like only the music of the games, not playing those, so no need for me to have this great pack you created
Old 21 January 2018, 16:37   #22
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
DamienD they probably need time to discover the new treasure and let you know something about it
Yeah probably; considering there are 2300 games to play / mess about with
Old 21 January 2018, 17:13   #23
DamienD
Banned

A nice PM from Mclane (hope you don't mind me sharing here?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane
As said, its awesome, had one occasion where the pics panel vanish but once restarted it was back. Been giving it a real bash but my neck problem stops me from playing for too long or I get very bad pain BUT I've been finding a few oldies but goldies and having a good play.

All in all its just superb Damien, I'd not have the patience to do all the fiddly bits you did so major props for the time and effort..

Again, thank you very much for all that you did, it IS appreciated here!
Old 21 January 2018, 17:20   #24
JLPedro
JLPedro

I need some time to download all the files (adsl line... ), going at the 8th file (maibe tomorrow)
Old 21 January 2018, 18:33   #25
DamienD
Banned

Ok "Bub" brother; no problem
Old 21 January 2018, 20:59   #26
liveevil
Custom User Title

Just finished downloading ! Would've been sooner but my internet is constantly dropping out for hours at a time. It took me nearly 12 hours to download this on and off and I had to re-download 4 parts because my crappy internet corrupted them ! Regarding the collection, it's very nice ! Does it contain all of the GamebaseAmiga as well ? I've kept all your settings as is because that's just how I would have set it up anyway. Great job and thanks for uploading. Does the upload contain your latest screenshot alterations ?

I've yet to have a good look through the list but i'll let you know if you've missed anything worthy.
Old 21 January 2018, 21:40   #27
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Does it contain all of the GamebaseAmiga as well ?
No; there are games in GameBase Amiga that I'm not remotely interested in (and probably vice-versa)...

The GameBase Amiga legend; Belgarath is my good friend and we've both been helping each other out with "our" collections for over a decade now

Unfortunately Belgo has been MIA for the past year though; happens to us all

...so, you will find a lot of the same files in each.

Saying that, none of my "custom .HDFs" / "[AmigaCD] --> HDFs" can be found anywhere in other collections...

Actually, well, not entirely true... you'll probably find them in ransom1122's "Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie" collection considering he's had my complete WinUAE collection for 2+ years now and uses a shit loads of my files / base configurations in his project; as it makes things much easier for him

Quote:
Does the upload contain your latest screenshot alterations ?
Yes, most definitely
Old 21 January 2018, 21:46   #28
liveevil
Custom User Title

I'm going to pick at a couple of things, sorry

You have a lot of game names beginning with 'The'. Personally I would have added ',The' to the end of the game name.

The drive lights show every light there ever was ! Did you know that you can customise what on-screen LED's are shown ?. You have to add something like this to the config and what lights you want displayed :-

show_leds_enabled=power,df0,df1,df2,df3,hd,cd,fps,cpu,snd,md
show_leds_enabled_rtg=power,df0,df1,df2,df3,hd,cd,fps,cpu,snd,md

I asked Tony several years ago if he could add this to the GUI so it will be easier to edit (and remember that it exists !) but it was way at the bottom of priorities.

And lastly, all your disk images are extracted. This allows WinUAE to write directly to the image. (Unless you have selected 'Write Protect' for every game ?). Was that intentional ? If they were zipped then it would create a separate 'differences only' file if written to.
Old 21 January 2018, 21:51   #29
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to pick at a couple of things, sorry
Pick all you like; I wouldn't ask for feedback if it was a problem

Quote:
You have a lot of game names beginning with 'The'. Personally I would have added ',The' to the end of the game name.
Yup, that's the way I like it..

If you want to change it in "your" copy; be my guest

Quote:
The drive lights show every light there ever was ! Did you know that you can customise what on-screen LED's are shown. You have to add something like this to the config and what lights you want displayed :-

show_leds_enabled=power,df0,df1,df2,df3,hd,cd,fps,cpu,snd,md
show_leds_enabled_rtg=power,df0,df1,df2,df3,hd,cd,fps,cpu,snd,md

I asked Tony several years ago if he could add this to the GUI so it will be easier to edit (and remember that it exists !) but it was way at the bottom of priorities.
I'm happy with how the on-screen LED's are so never looked for a way to customise.

Anyway, Toni's your man regarding this.

Quote:
And lastly, all your disk images are extracted. This allows WinUAE to write directly to the image. (Unless you have selected 'Write Protect' for every game ?). Was that intentional ? If they were zipped then it would create a separate 'differences only' file if written to.
Yes, they are all not write-protected. Some games need to write high scores / settings you know

If you don't like it this way, easy fix:

... Run "cmd".
... Change into "C:\WinUAE\Games".
... Enter "attrib *.* /s +r".

Done!!!
Old 21 January 2018, 21:56   #30
liveevil
Custom User Title

That's fine, each to their own ! So you prefer all the drive lights displayed, even the blank ones ? I've asked Tony twice over the years about adding it to the GUI, I don't think I'll bother a third time.

I also like that your main source are ADF's as this is very nostalgic for me but I also like hearing the drive sounds that you don't ? I can easily change it though with Notepad++ and regular expression.

Thanks for the effort
Old 21 January 2018, 21:58   #31
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I also like that your main source are ADF's as this is very nostalgic for me but I also like hearing the drive sounds that you don't ? I can easily change it though with Notepad++ and regular expression.
Nah, don't personally want to hear disk drive / loading sounds

Quote:
Thanks for the effort
Not a problem, enjoy!!!

...trust me, even with *your* faults regarding my collection, it would take you many, many, many years to build something even remotely close or half as organised
Old 21 January 2018, 22:34   #32
DamienD
Banned

Actually, I should probably say this.

To anyone that now has / or will have my collection in future...

It's setup exactly how I want things to be; funny that

I've just provided you all with an extremely good "base"!!!

Obviously you cannot please everyone with your choices... that's life, people are different and that's a good thing

Anyway, if there are things that you want changed, then please be my guest, go ahead and do so with "your" copy; no problem...

I can / will help you with changing any options within my configuration files to suit your needs

So if stuck, modify one configuration with your desired settings saved and attach here...

I'll then analyse and tell you exactly what lines need to be modified across all configuration files
Old 21 January 2018, 22:50   #33
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
You're probably aware of the process required to change this in "your" copy, but I'll mention anyway...

Change these:

a) C:\WinUAE\<gamedir> names.
b) C:\WinUAE\<configuration file>.uae names.
c) Via Notepad, edit the required configuration files and change the directories located within, then save.

...it's a manual process unfortunately, and will probably take you an hour or so to get everything how "you" like it but.

What's an hour of your time though, at the end of the day, when I've spent over a decade organising everything?
Old 21 January 2018, 23:43   #34
ransom1122

As the The Black Eyed Peas once sang "Where Is The Love?" It seems that this thread is lacking some of it.

As DamienD says this package is not just a slap together game pack. Its 12+ years of hard labour of getting all things right. From games without bugs. Perfect set of game images. Custom made HDFs with trainers,text menu loading screens etc etc. Quite a few games have been played through to the end. Game configs are setup individually for opimal game performance.

On top of the game side. Damien has spent months on the game screenshots for winuaes latest screenshot feature. Loading up each of the 2300 games manually and taking screenshots which are perfect and alligned neatly.

The volume of games is huge and although you probably will never play all of them. They're always there at your fingertips.

Come on guys... Where is the Love?
Old 21 January 2018, 23:58   #35
DamienD
Banned

Thanks my friend; if anyone, you've seen the last 2+ years of additions / updates on an almost daily basis

I don't think people are being overly critical; just pointing out different things that would suit them / decisions I've made.

That's ok, I will help them achieve their requirements, like I did with your setup (which differs from mine). All good

...there's still quite a few people downloading before giving their thoughts as well; early days.
Old 22 January 2018, 00:29   #36
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Come on guys... Where is the Love?
I hope that wasn't directed at me ? DamienD asked for feedback so I gave it. As I said, each to their own. I wasnt expecting it to be changed for my benefit, I can do that myself, but I honestly can't be arsed !

There's only so many times I can say thanks for the efforts Damien, which is more than some others have according to the amount of people that downloaded it, you said.
Old 22 January 2018, 00:36   #37
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
There's only so many times I can say thanks for the efforts Damien, which is more than some others have according to the amount of people that downloaded it, you said.
No, all good man and thanks for your feedback. Appreciate that you took the time to comment.

It wasn't even close to being negative in the slightest so...

If you need help adapting to suit your requirements; just post here
Old 22 January 2018, 00:37   #38
ransom1122

Quote:
I hope that wasn't directed at me ? DamienD asked for feedback so I gave it. As I said, each to their own. I wasnt expecting it to be changed for my benefit, I can do that myself, but I honestly can't be arsed !

No most definitly not. Maybe the guys who've downloaded it and said nothing... its nice to hear feedback on such a good winuae collection.
Old 22 January 2018, 01:53   #39
BippyM
Global Moderator

DamienD

One word for you boy.....

AWESOME!
Old 22 January 2018, 03:32   #40
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

It's setup exactly how I want things to be; funny that

I've just provided you all with an extremely good "base"!!!
of course it is so. Any Collections author made a setup based on his funny. If the person don't like or want to full change it, well, he free to make it.