English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 20 August 2015, 21:31   #1
defcon8

Hooooo Got A1200 towercase.. no VGA output.. please help

Dear Amiga users,

I recently bought this second hand Amiga 1200 in Elbox towercase. It has a Mediator 1200 LT4 board with the following PCI cards:

- 3D Blaster Banshee CT6760
- RTL8139 Ethernet
- Spider II USB
- Creative Soundblaster

When i bought it, it was sent to me by post. It arrived in a terrible state. The whole metal housing was displaced. PCI cards were flipped out of the sockets. The Phase5 Blizzard 1230 IV board was laying loose in the casing. The Fan of the banshee card was loose etc.

So after completely dismantle all parts and building it up from scratch it did work again! Since the case was unusable i had reconstructed the hardware on my working desk just to test if everything was still working. So now i managed to get another used Elbox case. But after replacing all the parts it wont output anything on the VGA adapter anymore.

I think i changed the order of the PCI cards or something like that. The amiga itself boots up fine in Workbench 3.9, it does give output on the standard composite video output. I think i broke some software configuration. Can somebody know how to solve this problem? To be honoust, i worked with Amiga as a kid like 20 years ago. So i'm a real OS 3.9 noob.

This machine i eating dust for like 2 years under my working desk now, i would love use it

Thank you very much.

Old 20 August 2015, 22:04   #2
Daedalus

The order of the PCI cards can make a difference in some setups IIRC, this is due to the Mediator using a section of the graphics card's RAM as a DMA buffer for the other cards. Try it with just the graphics card and see if it helps. It's easy to try it in the 4 positions when you don't have to worry about the other cards. Try the top slot first.

Also, it's possible the software's not installed correctly, or at all. What have you got in the SYS:Devs/Monitors drawer? There should be a file in there for your graphics card.