English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 19 April 2018, 10:19   #21
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikGimp View Post
  1. Still can't get it to work. I truly must be incompetent . Which setting did you change exactly? The one under CPU Emulation Speed? This causes WinUAE to run at a crawl with anything graphics intensive but interestingly once the demo launches (under WHDLoad) the CPU meter is no longer permanently at 100%. Which is nice.

The "Cycle-exact" checkbox can be found in the "Hardware->Chipset" settings. It needs to be enabled for the scroller to be displayed correctly.

Quote:
Did you have time to finish repacking the demo with the new bugfixes yet? The relevant people will need to be informed Santa's come early!
I've updated both (Ode to Ramon 1 and 2) music disks and the updated patches can already be found on the WHDLoad site.
Old 19 April 2018, 15:18   #22
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
FINALLY!
So it was old configs that were to blame after all. I guess on our modern machines there's no excuse to not have that option selected at all times nowadays. Thanks again StingRay!
Case closed.
Old 19 April 2018, 17:58   #23
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
You can put some global settings in your whdload prefs file in order to make the environment more compatible for the games/demos, and then return the system back to normal when you quit.

I renamed the command "uae-configuration" to "uae" to make it simpler to type and for when whdload had a maximum character limit on the below lines.

ExecutePostDisk=C:UAE cpu_speed real cpu_memory_cycle_exact true cycle_exact memory
ExecuteCleanup=C:UAE cpu_speed max cpu_memory_cycle_exact false cycle_exact false
Old 20 April 2018, 01:16   #24
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Hi, thanks for this. Seems very handy but I don't have either "uae-configuration" or "uae" in my C: folder on any of my emulated setups so I get a ReturnCode=10 DosError=205 dialogue. What am I missing here? I know very little about AmigaOS I'm afraid. I appreciate the help!
Old 20 April 2018, 14:20   #25
MagikGimp

Ah, found it in the User drawer of my ClassicWB install. But then again, it's so light I don't need to have exact cycles turned off anyway. This setup has everything you could need! Fantastic stuff. @Bloodwych ;D Fool me for not using it sooner. I didn't realise it was still being updated and just assumed it was the same files from years back.

Also, couldn't help noticing a few posts have been deleted since last night... I get the feeling this spat has been going on for a while. None of my business! ;P
Old 20 April 2018, 14:34   #26
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Also, couldn't help noticing a few posts have been deleted since last night... I get the feeling this spat has been going on for a while. None of my business! ;P
No spat at all. And no deleted posts either, the off-topic postings have been moved to a separate thread (thanks Damien! )
Old 20 April 2018, 14:55   #27
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
No spat at all. And no deleted posts either, the off-topic postings have been moved to a separate thread (thanks Damien! )
Exactly, see this thread: Questions related to WHDLoad, modifying code and original files...
Old 29 April 2018, 00:41   #28
MagikGimp

Lightbulb

Me again. Continuing from where I left off as I never got around to trying out your advice Matt.
Quote:
Ah, found it in the User drawer of my ClassicWB install.
No I didn't. uae-control is in there, and I can't read. uae-configuraton, that's in the Amiga Programs folder in your WinUAE directory; along with uae-control actually.
Still what you said Matt doesn't seem to work any more i.e. with the newer builds(?). I even tried using the commands (uncommenting the last lines) in WHDLoad-Startup and WHDLoad-Cleanup instead (which seem to perform a similar task) also to no avail. It is running at "real" speed as I can see the WHD-Load intro dialogue appear slower but I'm presuming it must be doing it as I was attempting to originally (see 1st page of this thread), which we know now doesn't work.
So any advice, people? Am I right in my assumptions? Are these indeed depreciated now? Going into F12 and changing the switches manually does work. Many thanks, as always.

Last edited by MagikGimp; 29 April 2018 at 00:52.