English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 December 2017, 15:26   #41
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
THIS!!

Or reset the enemies, or something! I just had a play of the demo and on the first section, getting to and up the first ladder was a major challenge.
Try keeping the firebutton pressed towards a zombie that's near you. It will never die if you keep that distance. That's another very bad bug.
It only works if you press repeatedly. Some bug in the button reading routine I suppose.
Old 13 December 2017, 17:40   #42
Amiten
Banned

@all

Thank for Comment guys.

possibly read the manual on the part of losing a life, it will help to understand the mechanism. Here I leave an image of the manual.

On behalf of the development team and I want to give a million thanks for the large number of preordained units and the great support to our project. MANY THANKS TO ALL THESE PEOPLE.

Last edited by Amiten; 20 December 2017 at 20:21.
Old 13 December 2017, 17:55   #43
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
possibly read the manual on the part of losing a life, it will help to understand the mechanism. [/IMG]
It's not about the manual, yes, that's how it "works", but it doesn't work, meaning, it's not a good system, is what people are telling you.

A standard fare in absolutely every game for decades, proved working, is to have some invincibility time after re-spawning. The way you have it doesn't really work well.

Plus the held button killing problem, which I uploaded here:
https://imgur.com/a/YpjgZ
Look at the guy being shot at the back, he remains white, frozen and not dying, only dies after a bullet was interrupted by another zombie, or something like that. Not sure.
Old 13 December 2017, 18:01   #44
Amiten
Banned

Shoot intermittent do not leave the button pressed you will be better ...
Old 13 December 2017, 18:05   #45
Amiten
Banned

The engine of the game is that it is ... in any case it does not have to be to everyone's liking, we count on that, we have worked the best we could and a lot. but I repeat again A MILLION THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT AND PRE-ORDERS THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED.
Old 13 December 2017, 18:09   #46
Amiga1992

Old 13 December 2017, 20:20   #47
viddi

Mhh...I find this game mechanic quite interesting and indeed something new.
So, why not? It could add some kind of strategy to the gameplay...
Old 14 December 2017, 15:45   #48
MartinW

Hmm, actually the info in the manual may be of help. I'll try the demo again.

I do think that reported bugs should not be ignored however (the holding the button down problem)
Old 14 December 2017, 17:11   #49
Amiga1992

Quote:
I do think that reported bugs should not be ignored however (the holding the button down problem)
But don't you see? bugs and bad mechanics are actually FEATURES when you cannot be arsed to receive any constructive comments about what you do.

After all it's the user's problem, for being so dumb and doing what it is allowed to do, like holding down the button.
Also everyone is wrong but the developer.
Old 14 December 2017, 17:28   #50
viddi

I think it´s enough to disable autofire.
BTW, I found out about this problem within 30 seconds...
So, it´s not a big deal, I guess!

The invincible mode idea is quite nice, though!
Old 14 December 2017, 17:29   #51
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Shit man.. the game looks lovely (graphics very nice), and I usually try to not go into the bandwagon that I saw on Facebook "This should work on 68000". Yes it should, but I understand people can't be bothered/having time to make games work on ancient hardware (Which is a shame because then I can't play it, but that's ok )

But this taking on user feedback isn't really very good, guys. The gif Akira posted makes the game looks like it plays really badly, like so many amiga games on the past that had nice graphics but couldn't get basic gameplay things right.... from what I see, if you die you may get flooded with enemies. So having a small window of invicibility to get rid of them seems to be a good idea... it doesn't help much to be invencible up until you start moving if you have to wait ages until you are safe. Also, no one likes to stay sit waiting. Also, if keep button pressed actually keeps shooting but DOES NOT kill enemies.... this is completely idiotic. Either force the player to "Shoot intermittent" by not letting shots keep coming if you hold the button or make the thing work properly. It makes no sense if the player keeps shooting while the button is held but the shots are harmless to enemies.

This "You can't go down on ladders, but you fall of them if you stop pushing up" also looks too much like "We can't code this feature properly so screw it".

For real and speaking from experience, it's better to stick with projects you know you can do properly up until you get the experience to try more ambitious things.

And always consider what users are telling you. If you were giving the game away I'd be all for the "Screw you guys, the game is the game and if you don't like it it's none of my concern". But since you are asking people money to pre-order the game, maybe you should listen a little bit to your potential customers....
Old 14 December 2017, 18:50   #52
Amiten
Banned

Hello, thank you all for commenting.

I am listening to everything that people say, even people who have not preordered the game, and will never do it, and above are people who have already attacked this project in the past as Mr. AKIRA, these users and their comments ok no problem, people have their opinion and I respect 100%,

I do not try to blame the player of that particularity as some people are insinuating, just explain that if we leave the button pressed it takes a long time to die the zombie (SOME TIMES) and I just wanted to say that it is better to shoot intermittently so that does not happen (that only happens SOMETIMES at that level because there are many zombies and the CPU time is already very busy for both enemy and those great animations scroll music, Sound Effects, controls etc ...) but that, for example we are going to look at it and try to debug that part a little more, no problem. (That is called listening to others and their appreciations even coming from people who do not support this project but we appreciate your comments equally, so please do not start with disqualifications or misunderstandings, innuendo etc .. (I say this with respect). But of course there will always be things that people criticize and do not like, we understand that ... I can not think that the game is the 7 wonder of the world, it has been done with a lot of love and effort, but if we are going to listen to things like " We can not code this feature properly so screw it. "I also respect it but I do not share it and we can look with a magnifying glass every single thing and there will always be things that we like and do not like but we can not make a game as of the tastes of each person, 1 to 1 because otherwise this would never end ...

Friends I do not put a gun in the face of anyone to buy or not buy the game, the demo is published and it is for you to check the game, respect all the opinions and I listened to everyone, but I think that everyone should value whether our game likes it or not to spend their money on it or not spend it.

Within our development team there are things that we know can improve but the development time is over and we have achieved an optimal result for us, I hope that for you too, if it is not to your liking 100% sorry, we have done everything best possible with free time for this development, remind them that this is not a full-time job just a hobby.

I have not used forums for a long time because of lack of time, I appreciate your time and advice. I do not like to argue with anyone and I appreciate the good and bad comments, but I do not like to enter personal battles with anyone as it did years ago when we announced in ROWAN for the first time. I just want to be respected and do not invent things like not listening to others or trying to blame others for things that they may like about the game or not.

To end this answer I never tire of repeating THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT WE HAVE RECEIVED AND THE NUMEROUS PRE-ORDERS - DAY DECEMBER 25, 2017 A BRAND NEW GAME FOR CLASSIC AMIGA WILL BE LAUNCHED FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT AND HAD PRE-ORDER THE DREAM OF ROWAN - HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

EDIT: Taking into account the more than 100 preorders received in the team we think that the work is to the liking of the majority.

Last edited by Amiten; 14 December 2017 at 19:01.
Old 14 December 2017, 19:06   #53
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
people who have already attacked this project in the past as Mr. AKIRA,
For you, any critique is an attack. You clearly don't understand the difference, and I bit my tongue before commenting on this thread, I only echoed problems said by others. Others mentioned them first. I tried the demo and landed on to the same problems. I wanted to commend the work done on graphics and music by its respective artists, but seeing as I would have also had to comment on the gameplay problems, I said nothing at all.

I realize it was foolish of me to comment as I originally thought, and I should have left the thread alone. You're impossible and you are the only one having a personal issue with someone (me, you named me directly).

Good luck with your thing though.
Old 15 December 2017, 00:04   #54
MartinW

Just tried the demo again armed with the info from the manual and also, I must add on a real A1200 not an emulator. Verdict. Well, it's still a bit randomly hard sudden death-ville, but it's much more do-able. I did actually get to the end of the demo this time. I can't say that holding the fire button down really caused me too much of a problem. As soon as I felt the enemy wasn't taking the damage I felt it should I briefly released the button and re-applied it. Seemed to work well enough.

I think I will sit on the fence for now and maybe pick up a digital copy once it's out. I want to see more about how checkpoints and saves etc., are implemented. Of course, if at all.

Without some form of checkpoint or save I think it will simply be too difficult for me and I would likely not end up playing it.
Old 17 December 2017, 17:29   #55
Amiten
Banned

Beautiful DVD cover and great materials of good quality for all the numerous preorders that we have received for the dream of rowan. we hope you like it. A big Thank you to all the people who have supported this project and have preordered your copy. It is amazing the support we have received. thank you, thank you and thank you!!. we love you all !!

Old 18 December 2017, 10:37   #56
solaris104

Is the CD pressed or burned?
Old 18 December 2017, 15:45   #57
Amiten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris104 View Post
Is the CD pressed or burned?
Really Dont know What the printer Company use , they offer us best cuality /price And we choice that one in the pictures I think is not the highest format they can Do but is More than OK for what we had to pay ( not much benefit left on each copy after including the shipping cost the envelope packet, free stickers manual And all the materials involved ...i guess. XD) but we are happy to finally release Rowan.

Edit: last units avaliable for preorder Now guys.

Last edited by DamienD; 18 December 2017 at 16:30. Reason: Deleted Tapatalk signature
Old 18 December 2017, 15:59   #58
Amiten
Banned

Quote:

Without some form of checkpoint or save I think it will simply be too difficult for me and I would likely not end up playing it.
Thank you, Rowan Restart in the level you die so this is our "checkpoint or little cheat" dont need to start from level 1 all the time . we think this Help you guys to finish the game.

Cheers!

Last edited by DamienD; 18 December 2017 at 16:31. Reason: Deleted Tapatalk signature
Old 18 December 2017, 19:34   #59
Amiten
Banned

THE DREAM HAS COME!

25 DECEMBER 2017! THE DREAM OF ROWAN IS READY FOR OUR PURCHASERS! THANK YOU!

BUY AT: (LIMITED UNITS STILL AVALIABLE)
http://rowan.amiten.es

Old 19 December 2017, 15:14   #60
lantus360

looking good. cant wait to play it!