English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 17 June 2007, 13:36   #81
olas

Thanks alot DamienD!

Got a Guru Meditation on first try in the latest WinUAE, though. I'll give it another try later - and even transfer it to the A1200 as well.

Old 17 June 2007, 13:45   #82
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olas
Thanks alot DamienD!
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by olas
Got a Guru Meditation on first try in the latest WinUAE, though.
After reading through the thread again is seems that quite a lot of people suffer from this issue even after converting the .DMS --> .ADF using xdms

TBH I haven't actually tried the game myself, has anyone had any success with getting this working?
Old 17 June 2007, 13:52   #83
DamienD
Banned

Hey olas,

I've put another file in The Zone! for you called Mayhem (adf).zip which contains:

... Mayhem (Disk 1 of 3).adf {CRC 231090f7}
... Mayhem (Disk 2 of 3).adf {CRC 46b46084}
... Mayhem (Disk 3 of 3).adf {CRC 04e758bd}

Not sure of the details behind this set, maybe it works better though?

Edit: added CRCs so that Jimbo can see if his version is the same...

Last edited by DamienD; 17 June 2007 at 18:34.
Old 17 June 2007, 17:31   #84
Jimbo

If not I have these ones:

Mayhem (19xx)(Ensignia)PD(Disk 1 of 3).adf

Prob the same as DamienD's though.

If the version I have is even the right game that is. Havent looked at pictures or anything.
Old 01 August 2007, 12:32   #85
BeelzebubUK

Hey hey guys

I changed ISP recently so will move the files to my new hosting tonight if I remember. I always make sure I have at least 2 copies of them stashed away somewhere so I don't go through the original trauma of finding it again

Thanks for linking my posts. Was quite surprised I could still login

Oooooh and now in ADF format as well. I'll get those and host with the others. Thanks.

Still got those disks in the loft. Moved them to sealed plastic boxes now as some of them were ravaged by cardboard box deterioration I promise I'll at least get a list written down of whats on the labels so you guys can see if theres any hidden gems in there. Give me a couple of weeks.

Uploaded to my new hosting :

Mayhem Amiga Disk 1,2 & 3 + PC Version

Last edited by BeelzebubUK; 02 August 2007 at 02:39.
Old 03 August 2007, 12:54   #86
BeelzebubUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

TBH I haven't actually tried the game myself, has anyone had any success with getting this working?
This is how I got it working a few years ago when I managed to get hold of it :

"I've been playing it using my A1200. To get it working without falling over I had to boot with CPU cache disabled and using Original graphics chipset. Then I boot with TUDE using 1.3 Kick ROM, No fastmem and 512k Chip mem."
Old 03 November 2007, 21:43   #87
moss

WOW!!!

I've been looking for this game on and off for years and tonight I found this thread!!!!

Me and a bunch of friends spent many a happy hour playing this game, there weren't many 4 player games around that were this playable and addictive!

Don't want to resurrect an old thread for no reason, but I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that helped find this, particularly DPainter for coming up with the goods and also to BeelzebubUK for such persistence and patience! And a HUGE thanks to eSk for writing it in the first place.

I went to Tromsø a couple of years ago, can't believe I was so close to the source code.. lol!

Sites like this make the internet a great place to be!

Old 08 October 2009, 09:24   #88
plunig

Hi fellow gurus!

I remember this game !! time well spent!!

But, something that I remember is a different version, with more maps and power-ups! It was no multi-disk version.

One of the maps that I remember it was an Alien theme map, dark green colored.. in the middle of the map, something similar like an Alien spine, with his head,..
There were special power ups, gray-colored coin rounded with a small letter inside. They appeared in the map during a few seconds, no fixed location, random.. and some special features: invulnerability, autofire, teleportation (pressing a key)

Has anybody ever seen this Mayhem version??

plunig

Old 11 October 2009, 13:55   #89
BeelzebubUK

Theres at least 2 other shareware games that used the same sort of mechanics that were also called Mayhem which was why this version was so hard to find so its probably one of those that you remember. Think they were both on Aminet ?

Cant be the same one as the original programmer posted a while back and said it was never finished.

Unless you're thinking of Executioner. Someone posted some screenshots of that and it looked very similar.
Old 11 October 2009, 16:48   #90
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi BeelzebubUK - please take a look at this thread when you get a minute... http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=47661

As you can see I am trying to trace some lost games - PD and Shareware full versions... maybe you have heard of some mentioned... "Scavenge" and "Psycheual" for example - is it possible that you may have some registered full versions of PD and shareware games in your collection you could share with us...? Like you I am thinking of offering a cash reward to anyone who locates the FULL Registered version of "Scavenge".

Did you ever sort out the CD's and disks you mention in your thread...?
Old 02 November 2011, 18:16   #91
tony

Hi Mayhem fans !

I did the PC port of this great old Amiga game, I browse lately an old hard drive and found again the C code of the port (it's still working on my new laptop ), then went to the internet just googling "amiga mayhem" and found this thread. If someone wants to improve it or do a new port, don't hesitate to contact me I will send you the code.

Cheers,

tony

Old 03 November 2011, 01:43   #92
tony

Ok, I set up a google code project: http://code.google.com/p/mayhem/

You can find source code there + executable and all needed.

Have fun !

tony

Old 05 November 2011, 15:32   #93
BeelzebubUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Ok, I set up a google code project: http://code.google.com/p/mayhem/

You can find source code there + executable and all needed.

Have fun !

tony
Fantastic. Great to hear from you again and thanks for posting the code
Old 05 November 2011, 16:46   #94
tony

You're welcome !

Here is a video of the PC version: [ Show youtube player ]

Can't wait for the online multiplayer support...

Old 04 April 2016, 14:52   #95
martinohanlon

I was a massive fan of this game. I recently picked up the PC version and ported it to the Raspberry Pi.

Goto https://github.com/martinohanlon/mayhem-pi for code & instructions.

Old 30 May 2016, 14:39   #96
BeelzebubUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinohanlon View Post
I was a massive fan of this game. I recently picked up the PC version and ported it to the Raspberry Pi.

Goto https://github.com/martinohanlon/mayhem-pi for code & instructions.
Thanks martin. Good to see this is still helping people after all this time and thanks for doing the port to Pi

I have moved across the world since the last time I was here so the Amiga was sold off and the disks were given away hopefully to someone not quite so lazy as me lol.

Still puts a big grin on my face reading through this thread
Old 22 September 2021, 22:53   #97
Wictorsson

Is there anyone out there who has working .adf's of this fantastic game?
The ones I have tried has the Guru Meditation problem after decrunching flicker on all three floppys on a 500 with 512k extra memory.

Help! :-/
Old 23 September 2021, 16:28   #98
BeelzebubUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wictorsson View Post
Is there anyone out there who has working .adf's of this fantastic game?
The ones I have tried has the Guru Meditation problem after decrunching flicker on all three floppys on a 500 with 512k extra memory.

Help! :-/
I still have original copies of them. I'll find something to upload them to later and post the link here
Old 23 September 2021, 17:35   #99
BeelzebubUK

Just tried them and I'm getting the guru meditation error too after decrunching. Must be something in WinUAE as these worked fine on an Amiga 1200 with these settings :

"I've been playing it using my A1200. To get it working without falling over I had to boot with CPU cache disabled and using Original graphics chipset. Then I boot with TUDE using 1.3 Kick ROM, No fastmem and 512k Chip mem."

I'll try a few different combinations
Old 23 September 2021, 18:24   #100
BeelzebubUK

Got it working in WinUAE just using the basic A1200 setup - no changes :