English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 07 April 2007, 03:04   #41
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuLpRiT
Well, its news Jim, but now as we'd like it..
That's a similar line to in early 90's music clip thingie hey? Forgotten the Artist / Title now but I remember the film clip well...

*** we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill ***

ROFL
Old 07 April 2007, 03:17   #42
CuLpRiT

It's worse than that he's dead, Jim!
dead, Jim!
DEAD Jim!

Wow,where did Plasmatron go? Its been nearly a year since he started this thread and he aint bin back! Lol
Old 07 April 2007, 03:31   #43
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
dead, Jim!
DEAD Jim!
ROFL

Quote:
Wow,where did Plasmatron go? Its been nearly a year since he started this thread and he aint bin back! Lol
Yeah he has... Maybe he's lost interest due to the time it takes to get answers

Old 07 April 2007, 09:14   #44
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Quote:
dead, Jim!
DEAD Jim!

Old 29 January 2008, 02:06   #45
Chaeo
Monkey Slapper

Where did 2-Cool go? His account doesn't seem accessible now. I'd like to contact him again regarding a different issue.
Old 30 January 2008, 18:17   #46
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Have you checked out this Trevor Mensah?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/325/AB0
Old 02 February 2008, 09:47   #47
Chaeo
Monkey Slapper

Yeah, I saw that but it seems you need to pay to do an internal message to person-x.
Old 20 February 2008, 20:53   #48
CuLpRiT

Yes, I noticed his account seemed 2 have been cancelled. Not long after his orginal replies in fact. I hoped I was wrong
Old 03 March 2009, 10:59   #49
morphex

enigma

Hello,

I downloaded the file FrustratinglyfewEnigmabits.zip from older post in this thread and in this file is suppose to be Demo disk of Enigma but unfortunately it isnt.

In post description is:
2 files called Unit0 (Ok, I temporarily renamed 1... To uUnit0..)
Im sure they r in DS0: format. Maybe the Demo Disk 1 or 2

So I renamed Unit0 files to unit0.adf and mounted in WinUAE - First unit0 is some droid game:/ and second is Chaos Engine disk 1 which crashing WinUAE

My question is, does somebody have the enigma demo and can share it PLEASE

Old 03 March 2009, 11:01   #50
s2325
Zone Friend

droid game? which one? could you post a screenshot?
Old 03 March 2009, 14:04   #51
morphex

It's called Paradroid 90, but it doesnt matter I want enigma demo

Old 10 May 2009, 20:51   #52
CuLpRiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphex
I saw in one thread here on EAB that you have floppy Enigma Demo disk 1? Is it true ?

And if it is, can you share this demo disk with community here? You can upload it to TheZone!

Or atleast email me with that disk please,

I always like this game when I saw screenshots and I really want to see the demo.

Many thanks

Hi mate.

Im almost sure that there is 1 disk that goes up to the main titles and possibly a test level. But its just finding the thing. The amiga I have has problems reading disks. Plus im not fully in common with winuae. I will try my best in the week to follow. It would be nice to find this disk again, but please dont get too excited, becasue I believe it was a very early test piece. Possibly even with the original gruesome gfx.

Please bare with me matey.

Thanks for the interest!

Lee
Old 26 May 2009, 10:23   #53
CuLpRiT

Ok, I found it! Now I gotta find a way to get it to adf... Bare with me. I feel that this is really going to be an anticlimax. Its not the later demo that id hoped for (2disks). This is really just the main menu and a scrolling level. With sparse bobs. Awful temporary staus icons. You can shoot thru the scenery, its quite empty really. Oh, and the most annoying thing.. Its still called Atrophy. Im quite gutted. If only Trev wud hand me his amiga! I know the enigma version was a lot better. Surely its on there still...

Anyway, standby, gimme another week lol
Old 26 May 2009, 21:37   #54
nujack
Zone Friend

Nice to hear that there is still hope to see something next time. I'm also interested to see a demo-level of this game. Good luck CuLpRiT!!!
If you need help let us know ...
Old 27 May 2009, 09:06   #55
CuLpRiT

Yes mate. I do need a bit of helponverting to adf. Ive tried transadf and others. The nearest I got was with adfblitzer, But its not worked properly. I get errors from transadf, saying disk has non standard bootblock. adfblitzer seemed to read ok and write ok, but when trying to boot in winuae, I get same thing. No bootblock or not bootable. Yet the original disk does boot on an actual a1200. disk masher produced nothing.

Can u give me a clue on what to use to get it to read ok and write to an adf? I thought I had it, but nooo
Old 27 May 2009, 09:13   #56
s2325
Zone Friend

Try to make blank bootable disk with ADF View, copy game files on this disk (if it's not NDOS disk) with same program, boot disk with winUAE and type exe filename in CLI shell.
Old 27 May 2009, 09:17   #57
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Many people recommend TSGUI to make ADFs of disks. You can get it here : http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de/download.html
Old 28 May 2009, 08:42   #58
CuLpRiT

I dont believe this... I was doing this all on a 4000. Now, as I try to use tsgui, it breaks. The 1200 hard drive wont boot up. So now im left with a bog standard 500.

So I got 2 paths left to take.

Thankfully, I still have a solitary util disk, with xcopy on. So im copying the darn disk on the 500 now. One on doscopy, and one with Nibble just in case.

Email me, someone. And ill stick with snailmail to get this out. Whoever wants it can adf it for all in the zone.

Just dont get toooo excited, because as stated, to call it a demo level is going a bit far. All you can do is move around and shoot. And look at the main menu.

Who wants it?!? Email me with your addys! (limited 17 year old floppies available)

The second path is to see if I can get in touch with Trevors parents. If they still live around here and if they remember me and if theyre willing to route out and hand me over Trevs lovely miggy. (Dribble..) Lol

Hurry! While stocks last!
Old 29 May 2009, 21:16   #59
nujack
Zone Friend

Are you able to create a diskimage via WHDLoad-installation utillities? If you have a chance to copy the tools to disk you should try out these tools. Here you get more information how you can do this: http://www.whdload.de/imaging.html
If it's not possible send me an PM and I tell you my address. I would also pay for postage to germany.
Old 29 May 2009, 22:51   #60
CuLpRiT

Nah mate. The 4000 seems unusable now. It doesnt get past checking for the hard drive. Just a blank screen. The 1200 hard drive has power when swithed on, but doesnt boot and isnt recognised by the system at all. Ive sent a copy off to someone in the Uk this Friday morning, so with any luck, the dude will have it by tomorrow and we may all have it in the zone tomorrow night. IF not, Monday.

Yay to the dude!