English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 08 April 2014, 02:45   #1
Abandoned Witch

Genesia (WhdLoad 100% Installed)

Does anyone have the fully installed Whdload of Genesia by Microids?
I dont want to install the game on HD by myself, even the game has an HD install option. It might be damaging to install it on a real A500. Thanks.

Old 08 April 2014, 06:42   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

What's wrong with the one here: http://whdownload.com/games.php?name=g&sort=0&dir=0 ?
Old 08 April 2014, 11:32   #3
Abandoned Witch

There are two versions of Genesia WhdLoad in there, but I think the English one had a save game included in it. I want a custom version for my use only.

Old 24 April 2015, 02:26   #4
tripp

Anyone having problems getting Genesia to work? I have semi new whdload and I tried to install from both the originals disks and through a readymade packet. Followed instructions (running the config first, saying 'no' and all). After the config is finished (checking system speed and saying configuration finished, please wait game will start etc). It just stops playing music and that's all. Then when I start the game from the game icon, after the difficulty selection -screen it always just asks for disk 1. (I do have disk 1, but of course it will not even check that as this is a whdload installation). Anyways, can't continue. Been waiting to play this for a long time.

EDIT: Just updated to the latest whdload 18.1. No change.

What I later found is that when I change world other than default '1', it actually saves something to the CF... after which music stops and no key does anything (have to reboot). After the reboot when I try to open the program/loader it actually loads much more than before, but hangs with a message about function 'resload_savefileoffset' with unacceptable arguments. Should I report this or if anyone has similar problems I guess it's easier for others to find this way in a forum.

A1200 / Bliz 030/50 mk4, 32fast, os 3.9., bb2, Compact flash

Last edited by tripp; 24 April 2015 at 05:50.
Old 24 April 2015, 06:46   #5
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I must say that this has got to be the most stupidest HD Install for a Game.

I couldn't get the WHDLoad Install to work so I installed from floppies to a blank HD in WinUAE. (Disk 2 has to be write unprotected so make a backup) It installed to a Dir named Genesia.

When it says rebooting you have to eject all disks and insert disk2 into df0: It will then load from a mixture of DF0: and HD. (I told you it was stupid)

To play from HD after installation you have to have the unprotected Disk 2 in DF0: to boot the game from.
Old 24 April 2015, 16:07   #6
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
this game needs a slave rewrite. It doesn't work on my A1200, there is an error displayed (the slave is in cause).
Old 13 June 2016, 18:37   #7
BabylonZeus

Any news on this bug described by tripp ?

Same here, I cannot launch Genesia from whdload on a A1200 with a Blizzard IV.

I can configure it : at the end of the configuration process, it says that Genesia is testing the power of this amiga, with a quick bar, then thanks for the conf and says that the game will start. The music stops, and I have to reboot (printscreen to quit does not work).

And then, when I launch the game, I can see a quick welcome image with the "clic" at the bottom right. It quickly disappears, then, a black screen with "DISK 1" (I use the French version, it says "DISQUE 1").

And then, nothing happens. Printscreen to quit works ok here.

The problem is that I cannot hardly have floppy disks working (bad sectors), so I cannot launch the game by floppy either!

Any solution welcome, even without WHDLoad, even tweaky ones

Thanks.

Old 03 December 2017, 07:48   #8
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
this game needs a slave rewrite. It doesn't work on my A1200, there is an error displayed (the slave is in cause).
I noticed a Slave error also. Tick/Check CUSTOM2=1. Now it should load the game. If you don't have anything Ticked the same fails. This is what I noticed with my A4000 CSPPC and Picasso 4.

I have not played it past the configuring and start to play and just get to the Main game screen. Note, after configuring the game and it prompts that it's going to Start the game, EXIT WHDLoad. Now start with the other Icon. (It doesn't have to be done that way, but I'm keeping this simple..)