English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 20 April 2010, 11:16   #1
oRBIT
Zone Friend

Deluxe Paint v3.99

Anyone knows if this version is "out there"?
Old 20 April 2010, 19:08   #2
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Deluxe Paint 4 yes ... but 3.99 ... never saw it ...
Old 21 April 2010, 19:45   #3
oRBIT
Zone Friend

I've had it previously but it has gone missing..
Old 21 April 2010, 20:50   #4
Photon

I think I have 3.21 or 3.25 which Coma helped me 'enhance' somewhere. Just a simple setting some defaults in Prefs menu (Coords, OriginUL, ExcludeBobs). But 3.99, never had it.

Could be very interesting for those who share my distaste for the uberslow palette in DP4
Old 04 February 2013, 12:02   #5
steveinuk

Deluxe Paint 3.99

Hi, I'm clearing out a lot of old boxes and found a case of old Amiga utils and disks.

There is a disk entitled HOUDINI UTILS 6 and Deluxe Paint 3.99 is in there on a disk with PowerPacker 3.0b + 'others'. Not sure what others means as I have no way of checking these disks.

Old 05 February 2013, 16:11   #6
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Steve... are you the guy on ebay selling nbs stuff?

If you are scoot me a pm over
Old 05 February 2013, 22:46   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinuk View Post
Hi, I'm clearing out a lot of old boxes and found a case of old Amiga utils and disks.

There is a disk entitled HOUDINI UTILS 6 and Deluxe Paint 3.99 is in there on a disk with PowerPacker 3.0b + 'others'. Not sure what others means as I have no way of checking these disks.
If you would like these disks checked and can send them down to me (or even just a few of them to start with) when the weather improves, I could image them, salvaging them if necessary, upload then for sharing and then return them to you afterwards.
Old 17 February 2013, 18:00   #8
ElectroBlaster

@Prowler

I won what appears to be these disks on ebay! I spent the evening imaging everything that could be saved via my catweasel mk4 (Starting to hate the thing as the drivers are just plain terrible!) maybe its time to get a kryoflux!

I had to employ the usual tricks of tape cleaner fluid on ear buds to clean the magnetic media (mould spots etc)
I have a bunch that refused to read correctly so they will need to be eaten by my a1200. Maybe a spot of Xcopy and some new blanks will help.

The disk with Deluxe Paint v3.99 appears to have imaged perfectly and everything seems to work within winuae, a500 k1.3 etc. I can upload it to the zone if you wish

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 17 February 2013 at 18:12.
Old 17 February 2013, 18:11   #9
ElectroBlaster

Houdini Utils.adf with Deluxe Paint v3.99 uploaded to the zone guys
Old 17 February 2013, 21:06   #10
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster View Post
@Prowler

I won what appears to be these disks on ebay!
Well done, mate! Now maybe there's a chance to rescue these old utilities from oblivion.

Quote:
I spent the evening imaging everything that could be saved via my catweasel mk4 (Starting to hate the thing as the drivers are just plain terrible!) maybe its time to get a kryoflux!
A KryoFlux is nice to have for serious disk recovery work, but I like the Catweasel MK4 too. If you're not happy with the drivers, try the latest beta set from here. I find they work very well.

Quote:
I had to employ the usual tricks of tape cleaner fluid on ear buds to clean the magnetic media (mould spots etc)
I have a bunch that refused to read correctly so they will need to be eaten by my a1200. Maybe a spot of Xcopy and some new blanks will help.
Be very careful to avoid damaging your floppy drive(s) with those disks. I have lost two floppy drives due to disks afflicted with mould growth.

Quote:
The disk with Deluxe Paint v3.99 appears to have imaged perfectly and everything seems to work within winuae, a500 k1.3 etc. I can upload it to the zone if you wish
That's very good news, but I didn't actually request that disk image. I just volunteered to help make an image of it.

Quote:
Houdini Utils.adf with Deluxe Paint v3.99 uploaded to the zone guys
Thanks! Well, I guess I'll download it all the same.
Old 19 February 2013, 00:22   #11
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

I played around with this version of DPaint, and saw no real difference between it and 3.25 except for the "title bar" of the About dialog, which appeared to have been hacked, and of course the version number.
Old 19 February 2013, 00:25   #12
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalH View Post
I played around with this version of DPaint, and saw no real difference between it and 3.25 except for the "title bar" of the About dialog, which appeared to have been hacked, and of course the version number.
So it could well be a hoax. How do the file sizes compare to the 3.25 version? I wouldn't expect them to be very different in that case.
Old 19 February 2013, 02:55   #13
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

I haven't checked the binaries yet, as I'm fairly sure they're PowerPacked. Might do so tonight or tomorrow, but I also wouldn't trust a dePowerPacked executable to be binary identical to the original before compression (didn't PP merge hunks and do other stuff to help bring the file size down, or am I getting mixed up with Imploder?)
Old 04 October 2018, 21:53   #14
rare_j
Zone Friend

Does anyone know what version of deluxe paint 3 came with the a500+ cartoon classics pack?
On the eab file server there's v3, 3.14, 3.18, and 3.25. Does anyone know if it was one of these, or even what the differences were?
Old 08 October 2018, 13:32   #15
Marle
Pixel Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Does anyone know what version of deluxe paint 3 came with the a500+ cartoon classics pack?
On the eab file server there's v3, 3.14, 3.18, and 3.25. Does anyone know if it was one of these, or even what the differences were?
I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure it was 3.25, my A600 Weird, Wild, Wicked pack in 1993 came with 3.25.

I had a Cartoon Classics pack too (or rather the family did!) and I'm pretty sure that was 3.25 too but I'm going from 20+ year old memory there!
Old 08 October 2018, 19:43   #16
rare_j
Zone Friend

Thanks, just wondering, does anyone know why the disks in tosec http://grandis.nu/eabsearch/search.p...xclude=&limit=
are 'cracked' when theee was no copy protection at all on the disks that came bundled with almost every amiga?