English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 14 April 2011, 01:10   #1
gehtjanx
Banned

Exclamation Hello from Vienna

Hi Fans,

I want to introduce me short. I come from Vienna/Austria and I'm a young Commodore, Amiga, Atari collector. But I also show them on meetings and repair them. I try to conserve them and make them clean and complete. I study at TU Wien (technical university). My aim is to get some more Commodore Computers and also expand some of them with HD, CD/DVD, CF card etc so its useable.

I came to my hobby because I had a C64 from the beginning of my live - cool eh? My father had one since 1987 and I was born 1989. I loved playing on C64 at young age but later I got a PS1. But in 2003 on a flea market I got a C64G model at 3 Euros and so I played C64 again. 2004 I got my first Amiga Computer - A500 with 1084 Monitor. So I bought some things, mainly to notice: A600HD, C128D and A1200. But I'm collecting Commodore since 2008 in bigger dimensions, as I got my first A4000 in packaging at 100 Euros.

Since then, I have several Amiga models, including A500, A600, A1200, A1000, A2000, A3000, A3000T and A4000. What would be better as looking for a A4000t? Don't forget CDTV (with all extras as trackball, mouse, ir mouse etc, VERY COOL!) and 2 new CD32.

Also I have lot of Commodore 8 bit homecomputers, starting with VC20 to C64 models, C128 and C128D and the C16/C116/Plus4. Including SX64, Max Machine, silver label C64, NTSC C64 first revision, etc.

Also I'm looking for Ataris, sadly I never got XE series and 400/800 and some other stuff. But Atari is not as important as Commodore/Amiga to me but still I want to collect them.

Today I have A4000/040 with 16 MB RAM, DVD, 40 GB HDD (with WHD Load registered), 2 Chinon Disk Drives, and a CF Card on the back.
Also always on my table: C128D CR and CDTV.

I also collect consoles, like Atari 2600 (very cool! -> Gravitar anyone?) up to newer ones. NES/SNES/N64, GameBoy classic/Color/Advanced, SEGA megaDrive/32x, Sega Saturn and SONY: PS1 (5 versions, one missing 5002), 2 PSone (small one), PS2 and I love hacking PSP (CFW)

For selling/trading:
I'm very accurate and don't had problems. Hope you are also happy if you buy from me. In case there is a real problem, I sure will get back to you with a solution. But hope that all will be OK and some other can use the hardware that is lying here doing nothing. Therefor, my collection will get other items that I'm searching for, that I want to use.

DONT Forget: Check out my homepage. Sry, English version is in work, but some pages are ready. If there are mistakes please let me know! FULL GERMAN VERSION, but English version has transtaion on some sites. Ready are most of the Main Menu sites and also Commodore 8 bit computer, rest ist Google translation for now.
ALSO CHECK OUT THE COOL 3D MODELS I VE DONE (Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher)!
GERMAN:
http://www.computer-collection.at.tc
ENGLISH:
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/English/index.html

3D Models I've done (e.g.). you NEED ADOBE READER 8.0 OR BETTER:
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/2000/A2000.pdf
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/cdtv/CDTV.pdf (not final)
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/cd32/cd32.pdf (very cool!)
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/600/A600.pdf (small amiga, small work)
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/1581/Floppy.pdf (C= Floppy 1581)

there are more done by me or converted by myself into PDF, see full list at my homepage (english html):
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection...sh/3dinfo.html

Greetings from Vienna,
gehtjanx
Old 14 April 2011, 01:35   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi gehtjanx.
Since you're into selling some Amiga stuff, maybe you want to check out http://www.amibay.com/ as well.
Old 14 April 2011, 03:21   #3
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Looks like he was a member there but has been banned or has left?
Old 14 April 2011, 07:11   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, you're right... Wonder what happened there then.
Old 14 April 2011, 19:36   #5
spock-79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hmm, you're right... Wonder what happened there then.
I think the main problem with him is, that he want´s everything for free (take a look on his site...), and then sells the not needed stuff for good money...

In my eyes a NO GO in such a small community.
Old 14 April 2011, 20:17   #6
gehtjanx
Banned

Well, things went bad at amibay, but with 100% feedback, all were very pleased to make deals with me. Saldly, moderation there is bad and made false decisions. No 2nd chance either, seems they have anything against beeing successfully. hehe

As for the selling:
I bought a lot myself and it's simply too much and I sell things I bought twice. As I said, I'm student and I only have a small room and simply bought new things that was missing in collection and now try to get space back by selling things I have twice. Why it's twice you ask? Well it was not 100% complete and therefor I bought a second or it was included in a set etc. I got A3000, A4000 etc for free and all are in collection and never will sale this.

Also someone thinks I got all that for free (never ever , mostly of collection bought) and now sell this, this is simply not true. Never made that much profit in selling, but it's great to have overall positive feedback and thanks for all buyers. Hope they enjoy. That's why I sell here now, you never will make a bad deal here.

@ spocky:
hanks for getting me out of amibay, THIS is a NO GO.

gehtjanx
Old 14 April 2011, 20:37   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtjanx View Post
That's why I sell here now, you never will make a bad deal here.
Actually our Marketplace should be for members that want to sell or want to buy stuff, but not really for people that seem only interested in selling stuff. Sorry, but creating 10 selling threads on one evening surely leaves that impression and that sentence didn't help either.

Anyway, let's hope that your past won't create too much problems here.
Old 14 April 2011, 20:41   #8
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Welcome to EAB gehtjanx. Apologies for busting your balls over the Apollo manual, but that really was a crazy idea. It made airey36 look like a preservation society.

Your sig made it appear that you are only here to trade.
EAB is a SUPPORT and DISCUSSION forum. Please make the effort to contribute to threads as well as try to trade.

Incidentally, EAB and Amibay share a HUGE number of members so your Amibay reputation and peoples opinions will follow you here.

As far as selling here goes, you should not expect immediate trust from the EABers. You will need to earn it through some good deals.

Good luck.
Old 14 April 2011, 20:44   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

High-five time DDNI?
Old 14 April 2011, 20:50   #10
spock-79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtjanx View Post

@ spocky:
hanks for getting me out of amibay, THIS is a NO GO.

gehtjanx

The only thing i did, was to answer the question from Merlin if you are the same user as C=+A _User on a1k.org (where you got banned also. For good reasons!).

As you can see, it was not my fault that you got banned there .
Old 14 April 2011, 21:50   #11
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ Gehtjanx

Spock-79 is exactly right about this, in that he answered a question that I asked on a1k.org. Let's leave it at that.

EAB members can make their own minds up about you on here, as far as I am concerned. I am not taking the bait, OK?
Old 14 April 2011, 21:59   #12
gehtjanx
Banned

Hello,

@TheCyberDruid and DDNI:
Well, I'm currently new and a bit worried of all the threads and forums etc, so I try sight all the threads or themes where I can be interested. Sure I have interest in talking about Commodore and help other people. That's always my aim, also learning new things.

For the sales thread, I didn't know immidiatly that there should only be a big thread where all goes to. Very sorry for that. I then tried to combine some similar parts.

For the manual, I sometimes include other small parts into packages if someone needs it and buy another item, I could include for free. Or if someone interested they can just ask for a set-price or if we can met at a lower price, no problem with that.

@spocky
well, at a1k I never sold anything. Now I'm selling, now that's bad. All I do seems so bad and wrong. At amibay, I never had problems regarding anything in threads or discussion. Also I saw higher prices then mine, but thanks to you and a1k forums, thay made a false decision. How can a 100% member, I always was, be banned from one day to other with no reason? YES, BIG THANKS TO A1K, SPOCKY AND MERLIN .

Nobody even knows what I got, what I paid for including shipping often from Germany is 20 Euros alone. At the 570 I don't even make a penny, but as I bought it same price and have others, I give them away at no cost. Yes, things expansive in Austria.

Nobody needs to buy at that price or by from me, it's a free desicion. If they buy from me, it is 100% WINNING. I don't see a problem. Good for amibay (me being trusty member), me (space) and the buyer (100% satisfaction).

What other forums regards, hehe, that one opinion cannot be the truth. It was bad how things went at other forums as their members "got me out of" as well as they got me out of amibay. Now being here, spocky let no second pass to "piss me on" or whatever that's called in Englsih. I DO NOT EVEN WROTE ANYTHING HERE but yeah, thats how things are going, if people cannot make their own opinion on me, look at WorldWarII. Influence is a big deal, you know .

@ MERLIN:
So tell me what spock said. That bad? Well, I can only say the truth and that is the violent torpedo of truth. Nobody is interested at things happened years ago. Does not even has anything to do.
And also see my mail regarding deleting all (C) Material.

I REALLY HOPE DISCUSSION NOT GOING BAD HERE AGAIN AND THAT WAS SPOCKY SAID IS NOT BEING TREATEN TOO SERIOUS

gehtjanx
Old 14 April 2011, 22:02   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Right, this discussion stops right now. You can happily discuss that in private, but this was the last post about your past on any other forum in this thread that won't be deleted right away.
Old 15 April 2011, 15:06   #14
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
well said TCD. We are capable of makeing our own minds up but what we don`t need is another I said this then you said that thead, thats what a.org is for
Old 15 April 2011, 18:51   #15
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

@gethjanx I don't know you, but all that you say seems to came from a serious seller/guy/collector. Welcome!
Old 16 April 2011, 00:22   #16
gehtjanx
Banned

Hello,

I wrote to SPOCK 79 and now it seems we can discuss our different opinion or problems we have in this thread. Very sorry and I hope that we can clear this and he will understand my desicions and answers.

@Retrofan:
thanks, I know that we will have a good time here together with all other fans. Thanks for welcome.

gehtjanx