English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 04 October 2011, 01:54   #1
Madcrow

Deluxe Pacman anyone?

I'm working on building a games library for my new Amiga Starter Kit (see http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61264 for more info on the project) and of course I wanted to include the wonderful "Deluxe" remakes. While Deluxe Galaga was in Aminet right where it belongs, Deluxe Pacman seems to have vanished from the Internet some time back in the early 2000s. Any help tracing the latest AGA and ECS versions of this would be most appreciated.
Old 04 October 2011, 02:12   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Check both 'TOSEC/Games/Public Domain/[ADF]/D' and 'Game/Shareware (full versions)' on the EAB file server
Old 04 October 2011, 02:52   #3
Madcrow

Thanks. I didn't even know TOSEC had a PD section... It may not be the final release but at least it should be good enough for people to play
Old 04 October 2011, 13:12   #4
hitm4n

I work alongside Edgar M Vigdal and about a year or 2 back i was allowed to package up the definitive final versions of both Deluxe Galaga and Deluxe Pacman for free distribution. Galaga was the 2.6c AGA version, registered, with speech and extra bundled musics, and Deluxe Pacman was a final registered version too. Both were made available here and are available as free downloads to registered users of Warblade and Deluxe Pocmon (the greatly enhanced windows/mac/iphone versions). If i remember i may be able to reupload these to the zone unless someone else can step in in the meantime.
Old 04 October 2011, 15:44   #5
Madcrow

Actually, I may have found the final versions. I realized that if the final version was ever on Aminet, it would have been on a CD probably, so I checked the contents of the various CDs released around the time the DeluxeGalaga (which is still up) was uploaded. Sure enough, it was on Aminet CD 22 (December 1997). I downloaded the CD and extracted the LHAs. They're now in the "staging area" for the CD image.