English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 29 September 2017, 06:50   #1
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Copper Chunky Calvin & Hobbes rotozoom?

Hello Kittens,

I am trying to find the name of a demo (and incidentally the demo itself ) which contains a full screen rotozoom of a picture of Calvin and Hobbes on a white background.

My memory of the demo is that the rotozoom is a copper chunky 8 pixels full screen effect and that the demo is likely to have been made between 1990 and 1995 but that is about all I can extract from my neurons.
Given that the copper chunky was clearly 8 pixels wide I assume that the demo was an OCS one but I cannot be sure anymore.

If any of your demo-neurons fire at the thought and manage to extract the name of said demo from your memories do not hesitate to share it. I will reward you with my eternal gratitude and profuse amounts of purring.

Cheers!
Old 30 September 2017, 14:23   #2
pants

Hmmm... your description rang a bell but I haven't found it (yet) - sorry

I've zoned something technically (not artistically) similar-ish. If it's Calvin you seek you'll be disappointed. If your focus is more barebones-fullscreen-copper-chunky-rotozoomer-ocs-in-a-frame then it may temporarily scratch an itch.

From memory: 352x284 overscan 8x4 rotozoom + hires (ocs) in a frame. No sprite masks, no blitter, no audio, 100% vanilla cpu/copper. Not particularly optimized as it already fit with room to spare (add.w/move.w per texel (4096 col)). No artistic merit at all. 'Pang Bubbles' != 'Calvin & Hobbes' unless you really squint hard.

I'll keep looking...
Old 08 July 2018, 11:59   #3
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Ahah, thanks for trying at least.
Old 08 July 2018, 12:06   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Is it not a Melon Dezign production? Crystal had a cracktro featuring Calvin and Hobbes and that was written by Melon, would suggest they might have carried the theme over into a demo.
Old 08 July 2018, 20:08   #5
chip

Here ?

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=75055
Old 10 July 2018, 10:47   #6
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Is it not a Melon Dezign production? Crystal had a cracktro featuring Calvin and Hobbes and that was written by Melon, would suggest they might have carried the theme over into a demo.
Yes! I now recall seeing the Melon logo in that demo as well.
Thanks a lot! May a million loudly purring kittens follow you everywhere you go!

(/me now jumps onto pouet.net to view all Melon demos.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Almost.
This one is an AGA demo and the one I was looking for is definitely O/ECS.