English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 November 2013, 07:17   #1
Critic

Problem with winUAE Configs - GameBase Amiga

Hello everyone,

I have messed about with amiga emulation a bit in the past, but have recently had a revival in interest in the system. I really want to get some of my favorite RPG's running as seamlessly as possible.

Now, I have purchased Amiga Forever (which is a very cool product, but has a pretty awful file importation system) and quickly decided that I needed an alternative. GameBase Amiga seemed to be the obvious option. I have been able to download the Gamebase 1.6 torrent and have it set up as it should be - I can get games to launch, I can see screenshots, e.t.c but I am having some pretty massive problems with my config. I have googled this extensively and tried every solution I could find or think of, but I just can't get my config files to stick. I have tried overwriting the Gamebase.uae and WHDload.uae configs in the GBA directory, adding default files to my WINUAE folder, setting the config's to read-only.. no joy. The problem is every time I launch a new game through Gamebase it sets it back to default video and control settings.

I am using a laptop, and it sets port one as a HID mouse (which does not register either my touchpad or an external mouse within the emulation) and port 2 as an empty custom config (no keyboard, no default joystick mapping). The program essentially works, but it's very discouraging to have to spend 2 minutes resetting my display settings and remapping keys every time I want to launch a game. What am I doing wrong? Does GB/WINUAE have another default config file I have not noticed? I have tried deleting all configs within the UAE folder and adding a different Default.uae but that won't even load when launching winUAE directly.

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone has any suggestions or solutions!

Thank you very much,

Critic