English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 28 May 2012, 20:47   #121
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Yes, and in the same vein, I was also thinking about bundling a small and freely distributable game or two (compatible with the AROS kickstart) with for instance the Windows installer so new users can just install and try it out. I like the shareware game "Cybernetix", for instance -But in any case, AROS kickstart (and custom kickstart for that matter) will be an option.
Good idea! (especially if you choose some nice multiplayer games that can promote the Net Play mode )
Old 28 May 2012, 20:53   #122
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
"Super may not run with correct speed, use A4000/04"

4hz ???
Old 28 May 2012, 21:10   #123
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
"Super may not run with correct speed, use A4000/04" 4hz ???
Full text was cut off, changed to "SUPER is deprecated, use A4000/040 instead"
Old 29 May 2012, 00:43   #124
Speedvicio

Hello Frode.
I just tested the new option "low_latency_vsync" and actually made the video appear smoother.
Would not it be better to implement this last option in the already existing "video_sync"?
There is a problem with theme, FS_UAE load only ubuntu theme, 1084x_night_wall_white_1.0 will not load, this problem occurs only on Linux version and not on Window version of the emulator.
Old 29 May 2012, 01:17   #125
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedvicio View Post
Hello Frode.
I just tested the new option "low_latency_vsync" and actually made the video appear smoother.
Would not it be better to implement this last option in the already existing "video_sync"?
Well, it is a sub-option, and only valid when already running with full video sync. With buffer flips synced to vblank only, or no video sync, it has no effect (the reason it is a separate option is to have to work alongside video_sync=auto...).

Actually, the low latency vsync is how full vsync probably should work by default. In this mode, an Amiga frame is emulated and then afterwards it is immediately uploaded to the GPU and rendered. Though the emuiation and rendering are always performed in separate threads, in this case it works more like single thread since the rendering thread waits while the frame is emulated, and a new frame is not emulated until the previous has been shown on screen.

With the existing (and still default, for now) behavior, the Amiga frame is emulated in parallel while the previous frame is uploaded and rendered. This allows more time to be used to emulate the frame while still allow vsync, but effectively introduces a 20ms of extra latency since the renderer is always one frame behind.

So, It should ideally not make the video smoother, only decrease the latency (And if the computer is a bit slow, the low latency vsync will decrease performance). But I have seen some occasional stuttering in *window mode* on Gnome 3 with compositing, so it is possible the compositing process makes vsync somewhat unreliable (and with Compiz/nVIDIA on Ubuntu 12.04, it is completely broken!), but this problem may be less noticable when emulation and rendering are run serially. Or of course, there is a fs-uae bug in the swapping logic - but I haven't been able to reproduce the same occasional stuttering in full-screen mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedvicio View Post
There is a problem with theme, FS_UAE load only ubuntu theme, 1084x_night_wall_white_1.0 will not load, this problem occurs only on Linux version and not on Window version of the emulator.
Well, at least the following command:
Code:
fs-uae --theme=/home/frode/Desktop/1084x_night_wall_white_1.0
works perfectly fine here, please post the log file and I'll have a look!
Old 29 May 2012, 02:27   #126
themagicm

Is there going to be floppy disk swapping from the GUI eventually?

Old 29 May 2012, 02:36   #127
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themagicm View Post
Is there going to be floppy disk swapping from the GUI eventually?
It already has floppy swapping in the GUI. It requires that the list of floppy images is specified with the floppy_image_x options.

- Or you can use the new GUI launcher available with the recent development versions. It has for convenience a "select multiple floppies" button which you can use to for instance select all 11 disks of Monkey Island 2 at once (first four will fill the available floppy drives and all disks are automatically added to the swapping list).
Old 29 May 2012, 04:38   #128
themagicm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It already has floppy swapping in the GUI. It requires that the list of floppy images is specified with the floppy_image_x options.

- Or you can use the new GUI launcher available with the recent development versions. It has for convenience a "select multiple floppies" button which you can use to for instance select all 11 disks of Monkey Island 2 at once (first four will fill the available floppy drives and all disks are automatically added to the swapping list).

ok..so it doesnt have a "directory browser" that lets me select images via gui, correct?

BTW, bad ass job on FS-UAE.. E-UAE GUI crapped out on my Linux Mint 13 distro and yours showed up right on time..

Old 29 May 2012, 10:01   #129
Foul

Something has changed between 1.3.9 andd 1.3.10 .. same config but everything speedup .. i'm launching RSI Megademo par exemple and everything is faassssttt
Old 29 May 2012, 14:10   #130
Rissol

Hi,

First of all congrats on this amazing amiga emulator, im on mac, and its the best by far.

Im using the laucher to configure and play the games, what i would like to ask, is what is the configuration file the laucher uses and where is located, i have been search for it and cant find it.

Looked at the laucher package, and on teh FS-EMU folder and nothing, this question is because i have noticed that the laucher dont use my default.fs-uae that is located at the emu folder configurations.

Thks.

Old 29 May 2012, 18:26   #131
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themagicm View Post
ok..so it doesnt have a "directory browser" that lets me select images via gui, correct? BTW, bad ass job on FS-UAE.. E-UAE GUI crapped out on my Linux Mint 13 distro and yours showed up right on time..
Correct, it hasn't got builtin directory browsing -I'm prioritizing working on the launcher

Quote:
Something has changed between 1.3.9 andd 1.3.10 .. same config but everything speedup .. i'm launching RSI Megademo par exemple and everything is faassssttt
Using 'SUPER' configuration? If so, try with A4000/040, if not post config file!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissol View Post
Hi, First of all congrats on this amazing amiga emulator, im on mac, and its the best by far.

Im using the laucher to configure and play the games, what i would like to ask, is what is the configuration file the laucher uses and where is located, i have been search for it and cant find it. Looked at the laucher package, and on teh FS-EMU folder and nothing, this question is because i have noticed that the laucher dont use my default.fs-uae that is located at the emu folder configurations. Thks.
Thanks, glad you like it! The launcher does not store any config nor read any config settings yet. It creates a temporary config before launching FS-UAE which is later thrown away. But the launcher is quite young yet, and it will definitely get the ability to load config files, have persistent configuration (and set custom options) soon
Old 29 May 2012, 19:55   #132
Foul

using A4000/040, log attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip FS-UAE.log.zip (13.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 29 May 2012, 20:27   #133
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
using A4000/040, log attached
Uhm, ..yes Version 1.3.10 does not like that the cpu speed is dynamically changed from max to non-max... -Will likely make a release with fix tonight.

Also, just a note about the your config: video_sync = low_latency_vsync is invalid, (low_latency_vsync = 1 is valid, but only when full video sync is enabled). And also, full video sync is never enabled in fastest possible mode.

You said somewhere that you couldn't run the 32-bit version of fs-uae. But if you run Ubuntu 12.04, you can actually download and install the 32-bit deb due to the new great debian multiarch system (and 32-bit libraries will be pulled in as necessary). -Could be useful if you want to try jit, for instance...

In the upcoming FS-UAE 1.3.11, the 32-bit version will also work with large files (> 4GB hdf), which it currently does not. So if anyone here has had trouble with 32-bit fs-uae and large hdf files (or possibly trying to read large memory cards directly on Linux), you should try again when the next version is out!

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 29 May 2012 at 20:40.
Old 29 May 2012, 21:01   #134
Foul

okay ! excellent ! thx again
Old 29 May 2012, 21:29   #135
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 1.3.11:
  • Log to log file when configuration is changed with uae-configuration.
  • Change framewait, so change from fastest possible -> cycle exact works again.
  • Also compile libfsemu with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.
  • 32-bit versions of fs-uae should now be able to open hdf files > 4GB.
  • (Launcher) Re-enable joystick config (now running in separate process).
http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
Old 29 May 2012, 21:40   #136
Foul

The man compiling faster than light

Old 29 May 2012, 21:58   #137
Rissol

Hi,

I have read a few post in mention a host.fs-uae config file, and that this host comes first than any config file, like default, where is this host.fs-uae stored ?

I would like to make some permanent configurations and just change some few, thats why i would like to find this file, if anyone could point it to me would be nice

Thanks and take care

PS : Frode thanks again for this amazing work and for the reply

Old 29 May 2012, 22:11   #138
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissol View Post
Hi,

I have read a few post in mention a host.fs-uae config file, and that this host comes first than any config file, like default, where is this host.fs-uae stored ?

I would like to make some permanent configurations and just change some few, thats why i would like to find this file, if anyone could point it to me would be nice

Thanks and take care

PS : Frode thanks again for this amazing work and for the reply
The configuration files are Default.fs-uae and Host.fs-uae, and is placed in the (My) Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations folder (which is automatically created) -exact location varies by system, and on some Linux systems it is ~/FS-UAE/Configurations (if the Documents folder is not found).

Code:
(My) Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/Default.fs-uae
(My) Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/Host.fs-uae
(Remember that some operating systems have case sensitive file names...)

Tip for using the launcher: Currently, the Host.fs-uae is also read when fs-uae is started by the launcher. Later, when everything can be controlled from the launcher, the launcher will instruct fs-uae to not read Host.fs-uae to avoid accidental configuration conflicts.
Old 29 May 2012, 22:48   #139
joufflu

Hi Frode,

I did not test the 1.3.10 version, but version 1.3.11 does not display high resolution 1680*1050 (it works if I set 1024*768) (as it is still working in 1.3.9) on MacOSX.

When I launch FS-UAE with the following configuration, the screen stay black.

Here is the configuration file and the associated log
Quote:

amiga_model = A4000/040
accuracy = 1
kickstart_file = /Users/david/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/amiga-os-310-a4000.rom
base_dir = /Volumes/Macintosh HDD/jeux/Amiga/FS-UAE-config
uae_cachesize = 8192
chip_memory = 8192
fast_memory = 2048
# slow_memory =
zorro_iii_memory = 131072
uae_gfxcard_size = 32
uae_cpu_speed = max
input_grab = 0
fullscreen = 0
fullscreen_mode = fullscreen
fullscreen_width = 1680
fullscreen_height = 1050
window_width = 960
window_height = 540
window_resizable = 1
fsaa = 0
keep_aspect = 1
scanlines = 1
# rtg_scanlines = 0
scanlines_dark = 10
scanlines_light = 5
floppy_drive_speed = 800
floppy_drive_volume = 40
floppy_drive_0 =
floppy_drive_1 =
floppy_drive_2 =
floppy_drive_3 =
hard_drive_0 = /Volumes/Macintosh HDD/jeux/Amiga/FS-UAE-config/Hard Drives/System
hard_drive_1 = /Volumes/Macintosh HDD/jeux/Amiga/FS-UAE-config/Hard Drives/Work
uae_maprom =

Thanks a lot !
Attached Files
File Type: txt FS-UAE.txt (44.0 KB, 351 views)
Old 29 May 2012, 23:33   #140
Speedvicio

Frode, the last beta don't load hard disk file.