English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 August 2012, 23:55   #1
rmcin329
NOOB

where to pick up latest(non beta) version?

Well to make a long story short, i got a pretty bad virus a couple weeks back and one of things i did not have backed up was winuae. I'm also going to need help getting it set up to read a windows directory as a hard drive. Cant remember how i got it done before its been so long. I did fortunatly have a backup of the workbench adfs that i wish to use, so they have not been lost.
Old 29 August 2012, 23:59   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
http://www.winuae.net/

You have all the old "stable" releases there.

As for the directory as hard drive, once Winuae is launched, go to Hardware/Hard Drives and then click on Add Directory or Archive. Things should be self-explanatory then. But post back if you have trouble.
Old 30 August 2012, 00:06   #3
rmcin329
NOOB

ahh crap it looks like one of the things that i did not have backed up was the kickstart rom file, guess i'll have to go googling and hope to get lucky. The workbench 3.1 adfs dont do me a whole lot of good without it
Old 30 August 2012, 00:12   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
As for the directory as hard drive, once Winuae is launched, go to Hardware/Hard Drives and then click on Add Directory or Archive. Things should be self-explanatory then. But post back if you have trouble.
...and here's a screenshot:

Old 30 August 2012, 00:14   #5
rmcin329
NOOB

right, thank you. But unless i dig up that kickstart rom file, it doesn't really matter
Old 30 August 2012, 00:41   #6
rmcin329
NOOB

okay, now i need to install whdload. I've already acquired a copy from their homepage, but dont really remember where it needs to be installed and every weirdo detail that needs doing . So i'm asking here .

EDIT
i've tried simply extracting the lha file, but nothing shows up when its done, so obviously something isn't working right. The program i used(used it many times before on a real amiga) is diskmaster2. It does not report any errors and does appear to process the lha file, just it seems like nothing is actually extracted or something.

EDIT AGAIN
Okay i decided to just extract the file in windows instead using 7zip which seems to have worked okay. Then i found out i was missing the tool "installer" and had to go hunt for it on my install disk and migrate it over. But i've gotten whdload installed and 1 game downloaded for it, which appears to be working.

Last edited by rmcin329; 30 August 2012 at 02:18.