English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 06 November 2004, 17:23   #1
sut

CD32 Games confirmation please

Hi just want some sort of verification that the following games exist on this format.

Amiga CD Sports Football :- Seen a box scan but never a screenshot

Lost In Mine :- Shown as 'missing in action' on HOL no other details found

The Final Gate :- Shown as 'missing in action' on HOL, I know was released on A1200, but did it get a CD32 release ?

International Open Golf Championship :- Shown as 'missing in action' on HOL, I've seen a CD scan but little else.

Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers :- NOT the turbo version found plenty of details on that version, This version has recently changed on HOL to 'missing in action' I am getting more & more convinced this didn't make it to CD32.

Superfrog & Arcade Pool :- Found a version with Arcade Pool on as a demo, but not the full game. Was it ever released as with Arcade Pool on as a full game ? or was it superfrog & demo of Arcade pool.

Tower Of Souls:- Shown as 'missing in action' on HOL again know was released on A1200, but did the CD32 get a version ?

Whales Voyage 2:- Again found no evidence of a CD32 version, shown as 'missing in action' on HOL

Winter Supersports :- shown as missing on HOL, no further evidence found.

Final Gate :- shown as 'missing in action on HOL, no further evidence found.

Kang Fu :- Was this released on CD format, found details of it but not listed under CD32 on HOL.

If anyone could clear these up would be much appreciated.
Old 06 November 2004, 17:48   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sut
Kang Fu :- Was this released on CD format, found details of it but not listed under CD32 on HOL.
I've got this for the CD32, it's one of the worst games I've ever played! It definitely exists.
Old 08 November 2004, 18:49   #3
sut

Thanks for that Killergorilla, anyone know any details regarding the others ?
Old 08 November 2004, 19:37   #4
blackcornflake

Whales Voyage 2 was rereleased on CD a few years ago, can't remember who by offhand, possibly Alive Mediasoft, ick.

Amiga Power reviewed The Final Gate CD32 version.

afaik, Superfrog CD32 with Arcade Pool as a demo is all ya got - no version exists with the full game. Superfrog was also reissued on 'Amiga CD' in the late 90s, by Epic.
Old 08 November 2004, 20:41   #5
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
I've got this for the CD32, it's one of the worst games I've ever played! It definitely exists.
And stinks. It's like a Vic-20 game with some more colours added
Old 10 November 2004, 00:47   #6
sut

Whales Voyage 2 was rereleased on CD a few years ago, can't remember who by offhand, possibly Alive Mediasoft, ick.

Thanks for the above information, but was this released after the CD32 was commercially dead ? ie released on Amiga CD only ?
Old 10 November 2004, 03:02   #7
blackcornflake

I think it was released in 1999, so very much yes. Found this link to some sort of press release on amiga-news.de

Publishers were indeed Alive Mediasoft. The crooks. An interesting later news piece from the same archives, about BTTR:

Quote:
Also the games Whale's Voyage 1+2, Black Viper, Fightin´ Spirit and Spherical Worlds from Neo Software are back online, because the contract with Alive Mediasoft was never valid.
Old 12 November 2004, 17:33   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Amiga CD Sports Football - Basically TV Sports Football released on CD32 IIRC. Originally intended for release on CDTV, but not compatible with it. Think the proper name for this title is CD32 Sports Football.

Super Street Fighter 2 CD32 - Reviewed in Amiga Format (Nov 95). Little evidence otherwise of its existence.

International Open Golf Championship CD32 - Appears to exist. Quite rare.

Kang Fu CD/CD32 - Released for CD32 and A1200/4000 with CDROM drive. Utter shite!

Whales Voyage 2 CD - Think this was originally planned for CD32 release by neo. It never happened. Alive Mediasoft released a CD version in 1999. In their first media releases they did say it would run on CD32 also. Probably the only way of knowing would be to try the CD version on a CD32.

Winter Supersports CD32 - Doubt this was ever planned, let alone released.

The Final Gate CD32 - Released. Game was developed in the U.S. IIRC, so probably rarely sighted outside in other parts of the world. Noted for its use of CDXL in game sequences, but a very unremarkable game otherwise.

Lost in Mine - I've never heard of it, so can't comment.
Old 13 November 2004, 10:37   #9
sut

Thanks guys thats really helpful, much appreciated