English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 March 2023, 18:50   #1
RetroGary

Flashback

Hi
New to this and got a few games not working so hopefully if I can fix this one, the pointers will then help me with others

I have Flashback in my favourites, I have manually added it from the Open Retro site

https://openretro.org/amiga/flashbac...1-495dfed435cc

however when I click update game database, it is greyed out and at the bottom it says "Missing Game files" and "There is a newer WHDLoad install available"

I thought this was because I didn't have the correct version of Flashback, but i have found Flashback_v3.3_1163.lha which I believe is in the list, I also have from my original setup Flashback_v3.5_1163.lha which was not on the list

any clues as to how I can get Flashback to launch? at the moment i can only get it to run in ADF format via the discs by manually loading them

thanks in advance
Old 01 April 2023, 09:27   #2
thevoice

Hi,
Flashback_v3.3_1163.lha is actually supported by the launcher. If you are able to run any other whdload with your setup, there might be something wrong with your archive or it is not the one frm Retroplay.
For the v3.5 slave we have to wait for frode to reappear as he is the only one which is able to import newer versions to the database.
Old 01 April 2023, 09:56   #3
RetroGary

Hi, thank you for replying

I am using FS_UAE Launcher 3.1.68

When I click on the grey'd out Flashback, at the bottom it says "WHDLoad v3.3 1163", this seems to change with what game I select, for example if I select The Lost Vikings which i am currently playing it says "WHDLoad v2.0 2335" which corresponds to the name of the LHA file i have.

I have been saving all my files in a folder called C:\Users\gary\Documents\FS-UAE\Downloads is this correct or do I need to put it somewhere else?

how do I tell the version of my archive? I believe it is the one linked to retroplay, took me a while to work out but I figured out I needed to create a retroplay account and log my launcher in to that and then all the games appeared in the left hand window after clicking "update game database"
Old 01 April 2023, 11:01   #4
RetroGary

As a side, as it maybe gives you a clue as to how much I am still learning this.

I am trying to get Fantastic Dizzy AGA to work, this shows as ADF AGA M6 and the bottom and instead of wanting the hard drive it wants floppy disks (that I can tell)

I have both disks in the folder C:\Users\gary\Documents\FS-UAE\Floppies but it doesn't find them

when I click on the preloaded floppy drive locations it is a lot of garbage (forgive a potential typo here), it states "Disk 1.adf(sha1://c05a47450f9027ff7a8685a595833e08abf991c)

my disks are called Fantastic Dizzy (1994-08-22)(Codemasters)(AGA)(M6)(Disk 1 of 2).adf etc

when I load them manually in to FS-UAE it runs fine
Old 07 April 2023, 12:41   #5
RetroGary

ok, to close this off, I worked out that the "Downloads" folder where it was telling me to save the games was not listed in the pop up "Update File Database"

I added it to the list there, did a re-scan and now it all works
Old 07 April 2023, 23:12   #6
wiisoldier
Just loving the Amiga

Thanks for letting us know your solution as it really helps the community.
Old 08 April 2023, 23:20   #7
RetroGary

no problem, glad to be part of the community, still learning but amazed by what a great bit of software it is