English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 April 2013, 12:58   #1
Moon

Newbie keyboard configuration problems

Ive been playing Parasol Stars on the PCEngine so far and now that I've read the Amiga version has an extra world, I'm trying to find it with WinUAE. Problem is, I can't get it to save my keyboard config, so I have to enter it again when starting WinUAE. I also seem to be unable to select my modified Host > Input > configuration #1 under Host > game ports > port 2. Any help is appreciated.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 April 2013, 13:23   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If you only want to configure joystick for games, forget about input panel and use gameports remap option. Much easier to use
Old 19 April 2013, 17:30   #3
Moon

For sure, though I don't get the logic behind this either. When I select Settings > Host > Game Ports > Port 2 > Remap, the dropdown menu reads <Custom mapping> and I can change the direction and fire buttons to my needs. But when I select Settings > Host > Input, Gamports Panel and Standard PS/2 keyboard is already selected, I cannot change any input source cause all entries are greyed out. I have to switch to configuration #1 to be able to change any bindings, but these get lost when I quit WinUAE.

I also want to change screenshot button, save/load state. And what are save state capture checkpoints? Is there any way to record my keyboard presses so I can play back it as a longplay?

Old 19 April 2013, 17:39   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You sure you have recent enough WinUAE version?
Old 20 April 2013, 08:56   #5
Moon

WinUAE 2.5.1.

Old 20 April 2013, 09:22   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ok, I guess there must be some misunderstanding.

Input panel can be only edited if it says "configuration #x". "GamePorts" is read-only and is only meant to be able to check what GamePorts settings actually do.

GamePorts custom config works this way: select type of device (Amiga device), joystick, mouse etc.. Default device list (Select menu that lists keybord layouts etc.) will be ignored.

Then click Remap, press keys/buttons/whatever to map all events. Selected device type changes to "Custom" which means defaults are not used. Note that this is greatly improved in 2.6 betas (allows custom events, easier config etc..)
Old 20 April 2013, 18:24   #7
Moon

I select Gameports > port 2 > remap and enter the keys for joystick 2 (which was faster in 2.51 cause I could press the keys in fast succession rather than selecting Joy2 Left, Joy2 Right, etc.) but even when I save this as my config, the next time I start WinUAE, the bindings are gone.

Also, how does recording work? I'd like to record a longplay and it does not work as explained in some of the forum posts. Well, it seems I'm too stupid to get this done.

Old 20 April 2013, 18:30   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
I select Gameports > port 2 > remap and enter the keys for joystick 2 (which was faster in 2.51 cause I could press the keys in fast succession rather than selecting Joy2 Left, Joy2 Right, etc.)
Click "Delete all" and then "Remap" at the bottom, now it asks all events sequentially, just like in old version.

Quote:
but even when I save this as my config, the next time I start WinUAE, the bindings are gone.
Attach your config after you have remapped joystick settings.

Quote:
Also, how does recording work? I'd like to record a longplay and it does not work as explained in some of the forum posts. Well, it seems I'm too stupid to get this done.
I don't really care about recording, sorry. I can only reply to specific questions, not how to do it
Old 21 April 2013, 09:12   #9
Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I can only reply to specific questions
Well, how do I record my gameplay input (my keypresses) like I can do in VICE?

Also, how do I record AVIs properly? I usually select ffdshow video codec > FFV1 > YV12 but all I'm getting is a green screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winuae.green.png
Views:	122
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	35139  

Last edited by Moon; 21 April 2013 at 09:20.

Old 21 April 2013, 10:24   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
Well, how do I record my gameplay input (my keypresses) like I can do in VICE?
It still does not work accurately.

Quote:
Also, how do I record AVIs properly? I usually select ffdshow video codec > FFV1 > YV12 but all I'm getting is a green screen.
Try switching 16/32 bit depth and toggling capture before filtering option.
Old 21 April 2013, 14:35   #11
Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It still does not work accurately.
Really? Darn, I was hoping it was kinda easy compared to all the know-how needed to emulate an entire machine. Just record all keypresses along with timestamps and play them back when needed (as you can see, I'm no coder). So does this mean "load current state capture checkpoint" is irrelevant for the time being?

Switching to 32bit and toggling worked, the AVI looks good now. Thanks a lot.

AdSense AdSense