English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 July 2010, 09:44   #81
BoyC

Sadly it seems the pc versions file format differs from this so further research will be needed. Helps to know what the other platforms files hold tho.
Old 29 August 2011, 11:45   #82
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroah View Post
After fixing some bugs, I'll release the viewer. I won't have time to look deeper to port the TAD files across system and it's not on my priority list (I'm not a fan of the PC version of Cadaver).
Emailed you or tried to with the address on your website. If you get the chance , doing the release would be apppreciated! Don't worry about the bugs :-)
Old 29 August 2011, 11:48   #83
BoyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by copse View Post
Emailed you or tried to with the address on your website. If you get the chance , doing the release would be apppreciated! Don't worry about the bugs :-)
Seconded
Old 29 August 2011, 12:11   #84
Kroah

Quote:
I've received and replied to your mail. Nice to see some people interested.

I'm currently on the Gods Viewer. As soon as it's completed, i switch to Cadaver (the current build doesn't compile, so i can't release it as is).
Old 30 August 2011, 11:28   #85
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroah View Post
I've received and replied to your mail. Nice to see some people interested.

I'm currently on the Gods Viewer. As soon as it's completed, i switch to Cadaver (the current build doesn't compile, so i can't release it as is).
Thanks for the reply.

I think you do great work and as someone who also reverse engineers Amiga games, I know what you have done must have taken an awful lot of work. But the problem when people say "it just isn't ready yet" is that things come up - like whatever came up for you between the original post and now.

From my perspective (not having invested any work in it and without effort making demands/suggestions on a web forum) it would be better if you just uploaded the source code to google code. If other people can jump in and help out in the meantime, then bonus (people have fixed up less approachable/working code I imagine). Otherwise, if more things come up for you, your work isn't lost (to us).

Anyway, good to see you still intend to release it whenever you get around to it. Cheers.
Old 30 August 2011, 16:14   #86
Kroah

Quote:
But the problem when people say "it just isn't ready yet" is that things come up - like whatever came up for you between the original post and now.
Yes, and that's exactly what happened: IRL stuffs, other works... Being optimistic, i always hope i will not be interrupted. But of course fate decides otherwise.
That's why i have released a WIP of the Gods Viewer, in case i'm interrupted. Some people like, others dislike, but it's always better than waiting 1 or more years for the source.

Quote:
From my perspective (not having invested any work in it and without effort making demands/suggestions on a web forum) it would be better if you just uploaded the source code to google code.
I'm used to browse google code, koders and some other repositories, but never actually used them beside at my IRL work. I will check them.

Cheers
Old 31 August 2011, 16:39   #87
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Github is also a good repository to use and free for open source usage. Its especially good in the amount of control you have over what source code actually ends up in the repository.

https://github.com/
Old 09 June 2012, 18:07   #88
cadaver Fan

Thumbs up PPPPLLLLLLLZZZZZ not give UP!!!

@jotd & Kroah

Awsome Work Guys! I like this Game insane. PLZ make a Projektentry at "Kickstarters" to get Money for a Cadaver Remake and Rock on. I Know dotzend of people that will pay for this.

greetz a very very big Cadaver Fan

Old 11 June 2012, 18:46   #89
Qube

@cadaver Fan - doing community fan remakes and investigations is fine and dandy, but Mike M, who owns the Bitmap Bros games 'IP', may take issue with anyone who took the remakes to a commercial or funded project in any way, one would have to at least get his express permission first I'm sure.

We're all fans of the games here but none of us want to cause offence or heartache further down the line. Just look at what happened to the Streets of Rage Remake for example, Sega were not too happy with that it seemed.

Fans must tread the path carefully :-)
Old 11 June 2012, 19:22   #90
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Doesn't have to stop you from creating a similar game but with a different name
Old 12 June 2012, 21:00   #91
Qube

Indeed gimbal - just look at The Legend of Grimrock - http://www.grimrock.net/ - same game idea as DM but brought up to date. Very nice. :-)

Edit - of course I just realised everybody on eab already knows about this game with multiple threads, oh well always worth a re-mention lol.
Old 12 June 2012, 23:27   #92
Geraldine
Amigas4Ever!

Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!
Wow, I have only just seen this thread. I loved Cadaver and still play it often on my 500+. Very best of luck with the re-make guys!
Old 21 June 2012, 09:02   #93
cadaver Fan

plz marry me Geraldine !!!

Old 21 June 2012, 09:54   #94
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver Fan View Post
Wow, you're easy!
Old 21 June 2012, 11:22   #95
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Wow, you're easy!
Some people have low compatibility requirements.

Hmmm JOTD likes Amiga (tick), likes Cats (tick), lives in France (meh!) if only he was a hot woman who goes like a bunny

Seriously though guys... Cadaver was/is a great game... Hows the remake coming along?
Old 21 June 2012, 12:58   #96
Geraldine
Amigas4Ever!

Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver Fan View Post
I don't think my other half would be too happy about that! He is perplexed enough with my love of Miggys. He says why do you bother with that old computer? Fling it out! Fling him out more like!

Anyways thought I would include a picture of when I was rebuilding my 500+ after fixing a broken leg on the '010 chip. And what did I do a test run with? Cadaver of course!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	It Works!.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	31929  
Old 21 June 2012, 21:04   #97
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Cadaver is definitely an under appreciated classic. It's not perfect, but the puzzles are great and it has atmosphere in spades!

Love it.
Old 22 June 2012, 13:20   #98
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Combat is weird, the monster screams get really annoying after a while and some of the puzzles are really out there, but overall the game is one of a kind and technically brilliant.

Definitely a game from a time where people still dared to do something really different (but that's what the bitmaps were really about anyway).