English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 04 November 2007, 19:25   #1
radio waves

transfering files from PC to amiga 500 via null-modem

hi there, i've used the amiga a few times but never tried anything more than playing games so when it comes to doing something such as this i'm finding myself slightly out of my depth at the moment...

I want to get a tracker such as protracker on an amiga 500 so i can make music using the amiga.

I have found out so far that i need to use a null modem cable to do so but there's still quite a few things i'm not clear about... if someone could link me to a tutorial for doing this kind of thing that would be great otherwise my questions are as follows:

1: what software do i have to run on the PCs side to send the files via nullmodem?

2: what software must i run on the amiga side to recieve data and write to floppy disc?

3: what ports do i connect to on the pc and amiga and subsequently what cable will i need?

thanks to anyone who replys and sorry for not knowing very much...

Old 04 November 2007, 19:48   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hello radio waves,

Welcome to EAB

At the top of EAB there's a link called >> Amiga FAQ <<... Lots of good information can be found here

There's even a section: How do I transfer my old games to the PC? How do I transfer my ADFs to my Amiga?

§ane's ADF Sender tutorial should come in pretty handy. Hope this helps
Old 04 November 2007, 21:27   #3
radio waves

that sounds perfect, thanks for your help!

Old 04 November 2007, 22:00   #4
Graham Humphrey

Wahey, another one from Norwich! Welcome

(Sorry, off-topic...)