sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Just opened the VODKA

3 Drunks commming ya way lol
Old 21 April 2006, 23:52   #182
DamienD
Banned

Funnily enough I'm getting stuck into the Stolichnaya (and working on something to help Macca out)
Old 22 April 2006, 01:20   #183
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Funnily enough i'm working on something to help you out (what a good bunch we are lol) here is a front end for you m8

try it and see what you think also you might need to send me your final setup.exe and also have a look at the quick read me i supplied with it!

Was also considering an Extra screen before it loads up saying "not to be sold on Ebay with the circle with the line thru it over the ebay logo"
Attached Files
File Type: zip Snes DVD.zip (1.28 MB, 105 views)
Old 22 April 2006, 01:24   #184
DamienD
Banned

Got it... Very nice

You say your on MSN? Let's have a real time chat...

I hate MSN but logging in now
Old 22 April 2006, 18:39   #185
DamienD
Banned

Doing all the final testing now

However I did find one minor issue. With the DVD's setup, you need to run the setup.exe program once and then go through the menu options. All works without any problems...

Let's say you selected to copy everything to the D: drive. Later you decided to change the emulator / controller settings but still leave everything on the D: drive... You would run setup.exe once more, then go through the required menu options and selecting the D: Drive again. This would then copy all files / folders across (no need really as they are already there)

I've now added in a check that does the following:

... Originally you copy all files / folders across to the desired drive. Once totally finished, a .txt file is now created in %temp%.
... If you re-run setup.exe later and select the same destination drive, it will check to see if this .txt file exists and if so will not try to copy everything again.

Last edited by DamienD; 22 April 2006 at 18:47.
Old 22 April 2006, 19:27   #186
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

added that line m8! like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dd1.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	10874  
Old 22 April 2006, 20:11   #187
DamienD
Banned

*** All Done ***

Perfect sarek2k

I have very good news. All testing has now been completed. All desired options set through the setup.exe file are working 100%. Finally I have finished

All that I need now is the autorun from sarek2k and I can start burning the TOTALLY COMPLETE / 100% WORKING project and also create the .ISO file...

PHEW, took a while but got there in the end. I've very happy / proud of the final product, hope people will enjoy this also
Old 22 April 2006, 21:49   #188
Macca
Zone Friend

Congrats mate.

I only have one word for you.. help!

Seriously though a great effort I dont think people will ever appreciate how damn difficult it is (especially with INI based files) until they try it themselves.
Old 22 April 2006, 21:57   #189
DamienD
Banned

Cheers Macca. Glad it's now exactly how I want it and working perfectly. It's been a long, difficult road though at times, but enjoyable also. Nothing like seeing the final product in action...

Just finalising the autorun with sarek2k at the moment. Afterwards I'm all yours
Old 23 April 2006, 00:37   #190
DamienD
Banned

The autorun.exe is all finalised

Many thanks to sarek2k's excellent graphic design skills

Doesn't it look wicked (see attached)?

Read to burn baby. LOL...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	10879  
Old 23 April 2006, 08:52   #191
Macca
Zone Friend

It definately does look good..

I wonder if the buttons do anything... lol
Old 23 April 2006, 13:44   #192
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

i thought about that but since we only needed two functions readme and setup i left the idea out
Old 23 April 2006, 13:56   #193
Macca
Zone Friend

Hide things in them?
Old 23 April 2006, 20:18   #194
DamienD
Banned

The Read-Me is now written

As this project will probably be uploaded as a Torrent, the .ISO image will not contain any ROMS (as they are copyright). Users can add in their own ROMS, instructions are in the Read-Me...

I wanted to get this point across as I would hate to get in trouble for anything...

Here's what the Read-Me says:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Readme_01.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	10906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Readme_02.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	10907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Readme_03.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	10908  

Last edited by DamienD; 26 April 2006 at 02:04.
Old 28 April 2006, 01:37   #195
DamienD
Banned

Tonight I've been busy adding in sarek2k's awesome autoplay to my SNES CD / DVD

Also with the SETUP.EXE, I added in a second check to make sure the "files / folders" already exist. Before what would happen is:

... After copying all file / folders to a drive partition, a .txt file would be created in %TEMP%.
... If you ran SETUP.EXE again, decided to copy all file / folders to the same drive partition it would skip this as it would check for the .txt file.

I'm trying to cover all scenarios here so I thought to myself "what happens if the user deletes all files / folders from the drive partition?"

Well, as the .txt file still exists in %TEMP% (as I don't want to ever delete this or the copy process would always start), SETUP.EXE would obviously skip the copying process. Hang on, but there are no files / folders

So, the check now first looks for the .txt file, and the second check makes sure that the last file to be copied (which is in \SNES\SETTING) exists. This is of course in case the user has deleted all file / folders from the selected drive partition. All tested and works perfectly

Tonight I burnt the final DVD and tested all options again without error. The good news is that I'm now ready to create the .ISO file (without ROMS of course) and upload this to somewhere. I'll do this tomorrow night
Old 28 April 2006, 11:09   #196
StarEye
Zone Friend

About one thing, what does the Xbox/PS2 controller setup actually do? I tried using the Xbox option any of those, but I had to configure the emulator for my Xbox 360 controller. Does it only work for the original Xbox controller and PS2 controllers?

I'm thinking of getting a real SNES controller and an adapter for the perfect experience. No matter how good the controllers are, I always get the wrong feel as long as I don't use the real controllers. I'll be getting a Competition Pro USB at the same time for C64 emulation. If it gets done.
Old 28 April 2006, 12:38   #197
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
About one thing, what does the Xbox/PS2 controller setup actually do? I tried using the Xbox option any of those, but I had to configure the emulator for my Xbox 360 controller. Does it only work for the original Xbox controller and PS2 controllers?
Hey StarEye,

The Xbox / PS2 controller setups map the buttons for you exactly as if it was a SNES controller i.e.

XBOX
... SNES Y = XBOX X
... SNES X = XBOX Y
... SNES B = XBOX A
... SNES A = XBOX B
... SNES Start = XBOX Start
... SNES Select = XBOX Select
... SNES L = XBOX Left Trigger
... SNES R = XBOX Right Trigger

PS / PS2
... SNES Y = PS / PS2 Square
... SNES X = PS / PS2 Triangle
... SNES B = PS / PS2 X
... SNES A = PS / PS2 O
... SNES Start = PS / PS2 Start
... SNES Select = PS / PS2 Select
... SNES L = PS / PS2 L2
... SNES R = PS / PS2 R2

As you know I originally did this DVD over a year ago. At the time there was no Xbox360... I could add this in also but don't have an Xbox360 controller handy. I take it that it's a totally different button configuration to the standard Xbox controller then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
I'm thinking of getting a real SNES controller and an adapter for the perfect experience. No matter how good the controllers are, I always get the wrong feel as long as I don't use the real controllers.
Hmmm, yeah true. There's nothing like having the exact controller

... but saying this, I think the Xbox controller is a wicked option. Basically all buttons are mapped to exactly what they are if it was a SNES controller but you also have the "extra" option of using the small joystick for movement
Old 29 April 2006, 14:09   #198
DamienD
Banned

Hey guys,

Just finished creating the .ISO file of this project. I'm uploading now to FileFactory. I've WinRAR'd the .ISO, it's 105Mb in size and should be ready for download in about half-an-hour

@bippym:
Is it ok to post the uploaded FileFactory link here? It contains no ROMS what-so-ever. The user has to add those themselves...
Old 29 April 2006, 20:16   #199
DamienD
Banned

.iso

Here's the link to get the uploaded WinRAR file:

http://www.filefactory.com/?006d33

To add in your own ROMS just following the instructions on Page 3 of the README.EXE (screen shot attached) and reburn the CD / DVD...

To all the people who already have an earlier version of the DVD, you just need to do the same as in the README.EXE but before burning:

... Copy all the files from the \SNES\ROMS directory on your old DVD --> C:\SNES\ROMS.
... Copy the file Super NES.data from your old DVD \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db --> C:\SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db.
... Copy the file Super NES.data from your old DVD \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES\db --> C:\SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db.

Any questions?

Hope you guys enjoy this

Best regards

PS: sarek2k will upload this WinRAR'd .ISO file to a Torrent site and post a link later...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Readme_03.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	10939  

Last edited by DamienD; 29 April 2006 at 20:23.
Old 29 April 2006, 22:32   #200
DamienD
Banned

Just in case you are new to FileFactory, here's how you get the download:

... Click on the original link I've posted http://www.filefactory.com/?006d33
... Wait for the timer to complete and then click "Don't want a premium download? Click here to access our free download links".
... Click the "Click Here", wait for the timer again.
... Select "FileFactory FTP -- Click here to download" (as I've found this the quickest).
... Finally click "Click here to begin your FTP download".

I was getting speeds of 200kb / sec and up