English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 August 2012, 13:42   #21
Mark Thompson

To anyone thinking of ordering from amigamaniac think again because I still haven't received what I ordered after a few e-mails all I get is that he's snowed under with orders, but he shouldn't be taking orders until he's cleared the backlog, ie: his online shop like some other site has done should be disabled and he said that his health keeps interfering so it makes me wonder if he's honouring everyone.

I'll post here again if I ever receive my 2 PSX to DB9 adapters, but it just seems to me that he's making excuses and I'm so disappointed.

Last edited by Mark Thompson; 12 August 2012 at 20:42. Reason: To warn people not to order until I get what I ordered.
Old 14 September 2012, 11:52   #22
Mark Thompson

Sorry to double-post but I've received two e-mails

Re: Fwd: Some good news...

Hi Mark,

No worries :-)

You’re number 14 on my “to do” list, so your PSX adapters will be posted next week (I’m doing five orders a day at the moment). I’ll let you know when your order has been posted.

Sorry about all this. Once I’m done with all the back-orders I won’t get into this mess again :-S

Thanks,

Nathan

This was the last e-mail I sent that was probably in those e-mails you deleted but anyway, I'm glad you've taken onboard the system below.

I'm sorry to hear about your health and I hope you're alright, but maybe you should stop taking orders until you've cleared the backlog because I've tried ordering from a different retro website though I couldn't as the shopping area was disabled since he'd been on holiday stating this on the homepage of his website during that so maybe you could put something like first come, first served honouring say the first ten orders before taking anymore stating that you should check back at the website for when you envisage those orders to have been completed. It would also put less stress on you which isn't good for your health. Anyway, still hoping that I'll receive what I ordered. Mark T

Hi Mark,

You’re number 19 on my list. They should go out on Monday :-) All back orders should have gone out 1-2 weeks ago, but my health keeps interfering with my plans :-(

Sorry about the long wait :-(

Nathan

Just wondering if everything's alright and you haven't forgotten about me. I'm one who ordered 2 PSX to DB9 adapters. Regards, Mark Thompson

*Please note that this is a group e-mail*

Hi All,

I just wanted to update all of you on the order situation...

At the moment I have have 27 orders left to get through, which is not as bad as it sounds. I have set myself a target of 5 orders per day to complete, which is manageable. As you can see, all orders will be made and posted by early next week :-) Some of these orders are for a single item, some for multiple items and some are quick and easy, such as some EPROMs to program.

Some of you have only been waiting a few days since placing your order and others over two months :-O Those of you have been waiting patiently for quite some time now, I appreciate your patience a lot and apologise if I am causing you any anxiety :-S

Please understand that I have no one to help me with my “hobby”, I have to do everything myself. (All items that I have to make are stored in component form, so I have to assemble them as orders come in, from scratch – it’s not as if I have a huge stock of ready-assembled items that I only have to re-pack – if only that were the case!) In addition to orders I sometimes have to squeeze in some Amiga (or other vintage machines) repairs etc. Not to mention I have a wife and four year old daughter that need/want my attention, along with other non-Amiga things that need taking care of from time to time. My health is also not too good sometimes and at these times I don’t get much done :-( Thankfully though, these days are few and far between now it seems :-)

Anyhow, you should expect an e-mail within 1-7 days (depending where you are on the list) with the subject heading “POSTED!” – which is the good news that you have been waiting for ;-)

Many thanks to all of you for ordering from my website and to the many of you that have the patience of a saint!

Nathan

P.S. I have attached the PSX controller to DB9 adapter manual in PDF format, for those of you who have ordered the PSX to DB9 adapter(s). For those whom the manual is not relevant, you will see what you are missing out on :-P

Last edited by Mark Thompson; 14 September 2012 at 21:32. Reason: Personal
Old 14 September 2012, 20:30   #23
ascp
Pastafarian

Why are you posting Nathans emails about his condition in a thread called PSX adapter for DB9 computers? Unneccesary. You ordered stuff from a guy that makes things for old computers in his spare time. Deal with the fact that things can come in between. I'm sure they'll turn up, i waited 4 months before mine did. Worth the wait.
Old 14 September 2012, 20:57   #24
kixs

I bought PSX-DB9 adapter from Totek for Megadrive, resoldered one wire for Amiga compatibility and it's just perfect. Btw, got it in a week.
Old 14 September 2012, 21:39   #25
Mark Thompson

Jonathan I've deleted the e-mails and edited my last post with the corresponse I've had with him because of it being personal, but I just wanted to put it because he seems like a decent guy as I wouldn't want people to be put off with him taking so long since it's not a condition that'd allow people to not put in what I described in place first very often I'm sure. Mine are at the four 4 mark as well but he said that they'll be posted next week.
Old 22 September 2012, 22:38   #26
Mark Thompson

Sorry to double-post

kixs in the meantime I've been trying to find the Totek website, but I can't seem to find it so I'm wondering if you can help me if it still exists that sounds like a good-solution if all you have to do is resolder one wire because I don't think I'm any good at soldering and if you can re-map any of the controls like by using one of the buttons to up instead of up on the d-pad that'd be great.
Old 26 September 2012, 01:27   #27
kixs

Sorry for mistyping the name. Its actualy Tototek. This is what I bought:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...products_id=54

Read through these threads for instructions what to solder (its simple because I'm not into soldering myself):
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50197
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4209

About remapping... I think its only possible to make a hardware remap. Like connecting the UP signal wire to some button wire - make crossing so the normal UP still works.

Hope this helps
Old 29 September 2012, 01:23   #28
Mark Thompson

I've read through them links and it seems alright, but I just wish there was a controller out there that enabled you define your own controls because unlike keyboard games did not every game enables you to do that. Anyway, I'll let you know if I ever do receive adapters
Old 29 September 2012, 13:13   #29
john1979

http://www.amigamaniac.com/psx2db9.html

How do you actually buy one of these
Old 29 September 2012, 16:23   #30
Mark Thompson

john1979 this is a paragraph from one of his e-mails I received from him following below:

Anyhow, back to Amiga related stuff, I have finally removed the “Add to Cart” buttons from my website permanently, and will be returning to my original system of not taking a cent until the item (or items) has been made and is ready to post. This will avoid a lot of problems for everyone. Hopefully one day (probably far in the future) my once good reputation will be restored too...
Old 29 September 2012, 17:48   #31
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi kipper2k is making some
Old 29 September 2012, 21:26   #32
Mark Thompson

Yes, that's true and they can be found through the following link below but no remapping:

http://www.kipper2k.com/amigaforsale/index.html

It allows either fire button 1 or 2 in either analog or digital mode.no remap functions
Old 13 June 2013, 23:52   #33
Mark Thompson

Just thought that I'd let you know I received a PayPal refund from Nathan Cadwallan yesterday for the two PSX to DB9 adapters I ordered from him but didn't receive about a year ago.