English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 29 October 2007, 01:20   #1
mark_k

Software for ColorBurst, Fun Color, Archos AVideo 12 & AVideo 24 wanted

Hi,

I recently posted to the Coder's Heaven forum asking if anyone has technical info on the various devices that plug into the Amiga's video port, like DCTV, HAM-E, ColorBurst etc. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=32674 Those allow more colours to be displayed on any Amiga.

I'd like to get hold of the software that came with some of those units. The DCTV and HAM-E software is already available online, but I can't find software for these:
  • Fun Color (Adept Development)
  • ColorBurst (M.A.S.T.)
  • AVideo 12 (Archos) - also known as Colormaster?
  • AVideo 24 (Archos)
  • Video DAC 18 (Newtronic Technologies)
It would be great if someone could upload any of that to The Zone.

I'd also be interested in getting hold of the hardware (if it's cheap). The eventual aim is to figure out how they operate, so support can be added to Amiga emulators.

Last edited by mark_k; 29 October 2007 at 01:35. Reason: Added Video DAC 18
Old 14 March 2012, 13:31   #2
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

A spot of thread necromancy here, but I've just acquired a VideoDAC18 without it's included program disk. Does anyone have it please?

It's not available on the usual Amiga-Hardware or Amiga Hardware Database sites and doesn't appear to be on Aminet either.
Old 16 July 2014, 01:27   #3
idrougge

(Continuing the necroposting)

Avideo and VideoDAC18 software is in the zone.
Old 16 April 2015, 14:04   #4
mark_k

I've started to look at the AVideo software.

It seems the AVideo 12, AVideo 24 and AVideo YC need/use different avideo.library versions.

The BSC ColorMaster software which was previously uploaded has an AVideo 12 version of avideo.library. Both AVideo disk sets linked on the amiga.resource.cx AVideo 12 and 24 pages seem to be for the AVideo 24. Does anyone have an AVideo 12? Can you confirm whether or not the AVideo disks on amiga.resource.cx work with it?

There is very little info on the AVideo YC online. http://obligement.free.fr/articles/avideoyc.php has some info and a picture. The AVideo YC is an external unit which connects to the RGB port. So it must work differently from AVideo 12 and 24 which connect between Denise and the motherboard. It also has a frame grabber; you connect it to the parallel port for that.
Old 06 December 2022, 16:47   #5
BomberMillz

Not sure if you ever located the software you wanted @mark k, but I have the program and images disks for the Colorburst unit.

However, the disks are past their best and I cant grab enough off of the installation disk to get it to install

Did you ever get a good copy?
Old 17 August 2023, 22:00   #6
mark_k

Just noticed your reply! If you're able to upload ADFs of the Colorburst disks I'd like to take a look.
Old 20 August 2023, 23:33   #7
BomberMillz

This was a while back now, but IIRC I was having problems with read errors. I think I managed to get *some* files pulled off. However, not sure I can create an ADF from the malfunctioning disks.(?)

As it stands now, I just have an A500+ with a Vampire v2 card installed in a Checkmate case...

thats the positive part...

The negative part is that it has a GOTEK as the drive.

However, Im sure I have a 'real' Amiga floppy drive somewhere, so have just ordered some cabling to use both and will shortly attempt another go at extracting files from the floppy.

NB: Im not really an Amiga OS expert (more Atari ST/TT versed), so is there a good program for rescuing files/ floppies that I could use, which may be more effective than repeated 'read error: retry?' dialog button presses from workbench?

I will also try to visually examine the disks, to see if the problem is mould or magnetic loss.

Give me a while to dig it all out.