English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 November 2016, 04:13   #21
JZon

µ Lib!

Awesome!

Thank you. Thank you.

I'm in it now. it helped me eliminate half the aminet downloads I was wallowing through.

It really seemed to perk up the performance too.

I have more questions. But, I'm getting to where I can answer them on my own. (sometimes)

Which Amiga shows mmu not active.

Do I need to add anything to the startup sequence?

The expert install said it was handling this, then at the end it said to do it.

I looked at the start up sequence, but I'm not sure where. The installation portion of the guide didn't show.. well it did show..

I've got to go over it once again.

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 01 November 2016, 18:16   #22
JZon

To MMU or not to MMU?

A4000 WB3.9 PPC HDF upgraded with Boing Bags 1 & 2.

OK. & I stop right here.

The next item I install is MMULib.

Everything takes real well. (Cancel the above statement) (I didn't have MMU checked in WinUAE)

But when I check this (MMU) my mhz drops to 1 mhz.

I know it's on and working because I went to engage MuTools Fast Mem and it said it was already operational. (Even when WinUAE MMU is unchecked)

Actually, when WinUAE MMU is unchecked, it goes back to 35 mhz. (Just don't know why CheckMMU would not show MMU running) (Neither when WinUAE MMU is checked nor unchecked)

I recall Toni saying not to worry about testing mhz with 'WhichAmiga' as once one goes into MMU land, it's all pretty much the same speed.

MMULib is running, everything zippy, with WinUAE MMU unchecked.

Am I done? Just leave the setting here and enjoy?

Here is my config..

A4000 WB3.9 68060 PPC HDF.uae

Here is WhichAmiga showing MMU not active..

Click image for larger version

Name:	EmuNotActive.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	50705

Old 02 November 2016, 04:25   #23
JZon

Fresh Install 11 pm Tuesday

OK. Went with new install.

A4000 WB3.9 68060 PPC HD (switched back to directory for now. Will build an actual hdf next) (What size HDF does Amiga OS like?)

Then I run these in this order:

Aos3.9Install(iso)
BoingBag1
BoingBag2
PowerPC support, WarpOS V5 (Aos3.9InstallIso)
FlashUpdates-26042002
WarpUP_V51Update
ppclibemu
MMULib

It's zippy and slow at the same time..

Name:	freshinstall.PNG
Views:	260
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	50718
A4000 WB3.9 68060 PPC HD.uae

Old 04 November 2016, 01:03   #24
JZon

Ask and ye shall receive!

IDK if there is a guiding hand in my browser or... ??? because I end up finding what I'm looking for..

The latest build from Tuesday is good. I altered the config a little (referencing earlier posts) and got the mhz up to 1.6 (with MMU)

Just wanted to check on some titles I downloaded and looked at:

ppc-user-4631 Is this pretty much unnecessary considering my setup?
AIBB_65 Outstanding program. (This revealed a lot!) Is an 060 version avail?

I'm pretty sure the next titles are eliminated because I'm running µ Lib:

68060- 19 10 1999
68080.library
BlizKick (actually in combination to µ Lib is OK as long as it's installed before µ Lib?)
CyberStormPPC-42
CyberTools
enforcer (actually in combination to µ Lib is OK as long ast it's installed before µ Lib?)
FlashUpdateCSPPC (not sure what CS means)
HSMathLibs_040 and 060
Mu680x0Libs (since I'm using 060 with µ Lib this is also unnecessary, correct?)
scsidisk (Doesn't µ Lib do this already?)
SFS (Does µ Lib do this better?)

OK. Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 04 November 2016, 12:11   #25
zipper

>>AIBB_65 Outstanding program. (This revealed a lot!) Is an 060 version avail?

No. But it can run with 060 using configured as 68010 + 68882 FPU. Either via tool types or CLI : AIBB -c1 -f2 .
Old 04 November 2016, 18:27   #26
JZon

Great to know. Thank you Zipper.

I don't recall having seen that in the docs/guide. (Only got through half of the guide, verbatim)

It's almost spooky, I'm noticing the knowledge in the replies I've gotten vs the older the year the member joined is proportional to their respective replies. (Reality is probably a different story) (LOL)

I was just in the middle of building configs, from scratch, in different orders, first to last, with the approved thus far titles (from eab). It's funny, depending on the order, the bus clock on the PPC emu, normally around 70 mhz, goes to almost two million (lol) after installing µ Lib.

Also noticing, when engaging mmu in WinUAE, from the time I install 3.9 to the final build, the cpu mhz is in the .7 to 2.7 range.

What causes the fluctuation of these readings? Is it the nature of the 'computing' going on in this HP2000 laptop?

Or.. And, are we witnessing, using IBM clones (I call them IBM clones, but I'm referring to any modern pc) ((Windows)), are we witnessing the inability of modern computers to replicate that which an actual Amiga can do to this day?

And, Lastly, if the PowerUP processor is running so good and fast (by the way, I've never seen an actual Amiga nor emu run this fast and slow at the same time, lol) would there be a way to allow it (PowerUP processor) to share some of the load that WinUAE's mmu emu is handling?

Because if I dis engage WinUAE MMU emu (& re engage JIT), the CPU mhz increases hundreds of times.

What does a fully expanded X1000 get? 5.8 Ghz?

I look online, I see desktops and laptops (i7's) all running around 4 ghz.

Is the Amiga X1000 os4.x in reality still the better machine? (Also saw interested parties to sign up for X5000. Can one be interested and have one issued for free?)

Old 04 November 2016, 21:28   #27
JZon

Setting arguments

OK. I try, but get unknown error.

The doc says to enter arguments in AmigaShell, -c1 and -f2, for the 68010 and 68882.

Aren't I to be qualifying these arguments prior? (Like telling AmigaShell that this is for AIBB?)(first?)

The docs are specific, but I'm thinking they are assuming I have a working knowledge of AmigaShell.

If I run AIBB first, with 68060 engaged, it boots up to a cool workscreen, then goes black, then guru meditation. If I run AIBB on a lower processor, it works.

Old 05 November 2016, 01:25   #28
JZon

µ Lib!

There was a doc that trained me as best a master could, involving shell, and it worked. (Can't remember which doc, master, or program) (LOL)

I've been going all around PPC Land. I can't seem to get any config to make a difference. Anybody else have a solution from within WinUAE? Will Miscellaneous Flash RAM do anything?

So I decided to go straight 3.9, BB1&2, µ Lib, done.

And, if I want, I can turn the mmu emu on in WinUAE, cuts it down to 2 mhz, but still performs timely. (cpu intensive tests still to come)

I'm really liking the feel of this new Amiga compatible. It's response time seems undocumented, I mean the numbers it's showing for mhz feels like the 300+ mhz on the 68030 build. But it really feels like a real Amiga now. The response time, the mouse scrolling, drawers opening.. It really seems to be dialing in. The mhz went from 31's to 19's when I changed the resolution from 640 x 200 to 640 x 400. (note to self, check out Picasso) The oldschool feel of AIBB really took me back on a flashback. All and all, quite a solution for an Amiga fix.

I guess the only question remaining would be what are the latest versions of these?:

ROM chip version
ReKicked ROM, version
Workbench version
SetPatch version

OK. Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

Name:	68060.PNG
Views:	129
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	50742

A4000 WB3.9 68060 HD.uae

PS. I think they should have left the line numbers with the ability to enter #99b, 99c, 99d, etc.
PS PS Just added CyberGraphX and Picasso96 and am running full screen 1366 x 768!!!! Nice!!!!

Last edited by JZon; 05 November 2016 at 05:40.
Old 05 November 2016, 14:55   #29
JZon

81 mhz!

Just noticed, after installing CyberGraphX and Picasso IV, the mhz jumped to 81 mhz! The icons look crisper, it looks like more colors, the whole screen is open to full size (1366 x 768) and accessible...

Awesome setup! Thank you. Thank you.

Also, (side note) just got a deal on this laptop! ($50)!!!!!!! LOL

K. Going back in to install Aladdin, run comparison tests, and generate a clean install doc for this and the Aladdin 4D post. Standby... ... ...

Name:	81mhz!.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	50749

A4000 WB3.9 68060 HD.uae
Old 10 November 2016, 00:36   #30
JZon

World Premier Video!

How to install (on WinUAE) Amiga 4000 WB 3.9 bb2 with MuLib, CyberGraphX, and Picasso... Enjoy

[ Show youtube player ]