English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 September 2012, 18:50   #1
fil
Banned

Eliminator Crack - with Intro

does anyone know if there exists a cracked version of Eliminator with the intro part on it?

thanks a lot
Old 10 September 2012, 19:22   #2
christianlucio

no crack with intro

Never seen a cracked version with the intro. Only possibility is the c.a.p.s. release or the whd version.
Old 10 September 2012, 19:38   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Maybe it's time to make one then.
Old 10 September 2012, 20:04   #4
mai

a 5minutes or a 5years crack?
dont worry, i am joking.
Old 13 September 2012, 21:40   #5
fil
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Maybe it's time to make one then.
yes stingray that is a very good idea compadre
Old 13 September 2012, 21:48   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

It's a nice game and deserves a proper crack. Lots of work is already done (i.e. disk protection removed etc.) but there's still quite a bit to do as the game only runs correctly on OCS machines and has some other (minor) problems.
Old 13 September 2012, 22:01   #7
fil
Banned

Quote:
It's a nice game and deserves a proper crack. Lots of work is already done (i.e. disk protection removed etc.) but there's still quite a bit to do as the game only runs correctly on OCS machines and has some other (minor) problems.
yes i couldn't agree more, the intro was very nice for the time and had music that was brilliant, better than the in-game music itself

yes i got the game free with my ECS AMIGA in 1989 and you're very right! it wouldn't work on it and i had to take it back (they gave me phantom fighter in place of it)
all the graphics were scrambled diagonally, i had the same problem with Double Dragon II (which they later did fix with the budget re-release) which was quite stupid as when DD2 came out ECS amigas were well established as the main amigas, retarded.com!
Old 13 September 2012, 22:07   #8
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

These problems will all be fixed in my crack. It will then run flawlessly on any Amiga (i.e. anything from plain 68000 A500 to 68060 A4000). And I'll add trainers too as usual as the game is bloody hard.
Old 13 September 2012, 22:22   #9
fil
Banned

Quote:
These problems will all be fixed in my crack. It will then run flawlessly on any Amiga (i.e. anything from plain 68000 A500 to 68060 A4000). And I'll add trainers too as usual as the game is bloody hard.
keep up the good work! after you might consider doing a double dragon 2 crack from the budget re-release, as that one runs on ECS already (not sure if that helps in any way)

as i'm pretty sure the only version is the oracle crack which is OCS only

if you fancy it that is
Old 13 September 2012, 22:33   #10
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

A final/proper/100%/complete crack would be most welcome.
Old 14 September 2012, 00:54   #11
fil
Banned

StingRay if you might consider one of the most terrible user-unfriendly disk loading systems on earth: Harlequin, only uses DF0: and you have to swap every 3 seconds, not sure if the original is any better though
Old 14 September 2012, 14:22   #12
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I started this one a while ago, but I couldn't get the zooming text to clear properly, it would always leave crap on the screen when it got to its smallest point, irritating bug that was all that stopped me progressing.

Its not a difficult protection to beat at all, but I can see why the crackers of the day didn't bother because if they cracked it to show everything, then someone else would single file it and undo all their hard work!

Certainly doesn't deserve any kind of reputation as being difficult, Christians later protections were far harder to beat.
Old 14 September 2012, 17:43   #13
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I have a completely different opinion concerning the protection. The disk format is quite interesting to say the least (same format as in Dugger) and the boot code uses some obfuscation (Dugger's obfuscation was much better though) so "not difficult" is relative.

I didn't find it difficult either but I do have my own theories as to why it wasn't cracked with the complete intro part back in the day and I really do not think that "someone else would have single filed it" is the reason for that.
Old 14 September 2012, 17:52   #14
fil
Banned

Quote:
I have a completely different opinion concerning the protection. The disk format is quite interesting to say the least (same format as in Dugger) and the boot code uses some obfuscation (Dugger's obfuscation was much better though) so "not difficult" is relative.

I didn't find it difficult either but I do have my own theories as to why it wasn't cracked with the complete intro part back in the day and I really do not think that "someone else would have single filed it" is the reason for that.
what are your ideas why it wasn't cracked with the intro back in the day mate? as it is an interesting one isn't it
Old 14 September 2012, 18:43   #15
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Well, the intro uses a level 1 interrupt to load data "on the fly". Which is a good way to beat any "reset crackers" as you can't save all the data the intro needs after simply resetting the machine. Prime example for cracks that were made like this are lots of early Defjam releases (or Section 8 if we talk about C64).
Old 14 September 2012, 19:08   #16
fil
Banned

yes i remember the drive making a lot of motorbike noises while the intro music was playing
Old 14 September 2012, 19:18   #17
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:

I'm confused, you say 'not difficult' is relative, and then go onto agree that you didn't find it difficult.

Its not difficult PERIOD mate, thats why I made the claim.

And you have provided no compelling reason to counter the single file claim, because this game if it retained all parts is well over 600K, and I state right here and now, that had all parts of the game been retained, it WOULD have been single filed by someone, undoing all the work of the original cracker.

Both BS1 and Quartex released this game, and if its your assertion that Rob/Quartex couldn't have done the entire game, then i'll just have a private smile to myself and let you carry on believing it. [wink]

And its the job of a cracker to circumvent the interrupt loader and do their own workaround.
Old 14 September 2012, 19:22   #18
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Well, the intro uses a level 1 interrupt to load data "on the fly". Which is a good way to beat any "reset crackers" as you can't save all the data the intro needs after simply resetting the machine. Prime example for cracks that were made like this are lots of early Defjam releases (or Section 8 if we talk about C64).
Actually not true in the case of this game, as once you get beyond the boot code, the intro/code is located from $1000 to address $38000 (its actually $37xxx but can't remember the exact location, it was a while ago!!!), and there is nothing externally located by the bootcode that the intro checks for.

Like I said, this is not one of Christians better protections, but then he realised that it was likely the game would get single filed as was the case back then.

I still maintain that had a cracker done the entire game including intro, some group would have released it without the intro as a single file.
Old 14 September 2012, 19:42   #19
mai

What about a crack in co-operation "Galahad - Stingray"?
Old 14 September 2012, 19:46   #20
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Actually not true in the case of this game, as once you get beyond the boot code, the intro/code is located from $1000 to address $38000 (its actually $37xxx but can't remember the exact location, it was a while ago!!!), and there is nothing externally located by the bootcode that the intro checks for.
Check again and you'll see that this is not true! The intro DOES load external files! As for the rest, you have your opinion, I have mine. Let's leave it at that!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Both BS1 and Quartex released this game, and if its your assertion that Rob/Quartex couldn't have done the entire game, then i'll just have a private smile to myself and let you carry on believing it. [wink]
Not that I ever saw a QTX version of this game but this is really, and I mean really far fetched! I have no idea what you're trying to achieve here by stating things like that.

Last edited by StingRay; 14 September 2012 at 19:52.