English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 September 2002, 00:10   #1
backtoskooldaze

Red face powerflyer gold setup help needed!!!!

Hi can anyone help me on setting up the powerflyer gold on amiga a1200.I have done this over and over again with having to reinstall wb and i am absolutley sick of it now
After reinstalling wb on a 4gig hd thats split into 4 parts i then install the fastATA'99 software which detects my hd no probs and even reboots without any probs.When i connect the cd i copy the cd icon to devs: and run the ata.prefs to update but when i get the cd working i then turn off the miggy wait a few secs then switch back on hoping to boot up as normal then insert cd or have the cd in the cd drive and boot with the cd icon already up on wb.But what happens is i always have to do a reboot as the first time the miggy hangs about then when i reboot i have to press the left button down to get the config screen showing my hd and cd then i click save and then the reboot works ok.If i don't reboot and expect the miggy to boot as normal i get a message something like cd inactivity software error then i have to either suspend or reboot but as soon as i have rebooted all is ok.So i need to know why do i have to press the left button all the time and a reboot just to boot to wb????????????

I remember having problems with my previous ide interface that came with EIDE'99 now i have bought the powerflyer it's even worse

What do i do after the fresh installation of wb???
Where do i go from there with installing and getting primary hd and primary slave cd setup and booting ok?

P.s I have also got the pcmcia reset card which fits on the powerflyer and that still does not make any difference.I am sick of rebooting i bought the reset card for my ethernet card but seems like i will never get to use it
Old 26 September 2002, 00:14   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

The CD drive isn't spinning up as quickly as your Amiga/Power-flyer..

Nothing can be done sorry to say (Get a newer CD-Drive maybe!!)

Check the power connections etc.. to the CD-Drive but it sounds like the above
Old 26 September 2002, 00:32   #3
backtoskooldaze

Stick out tongue my cd drive is 40x

Hi my cd drive is 40 x won't that be fast enough and if not then why do i get the error i mentioned earlier and is there not a way to slow the hd down when booting giving the cd chance to be recognised????
Also i still get the error and cd problem even when there is no cd in the tray ?????
Old 26 September 2002, 15:56   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

It still checks.. I don't know tbh, was an estimated guess

It's probs the HD that hasn't spun upto spead, holding up the rest of the IDE chain
Old 26 September 2002, 17:47   #5
Unregistered

Smile Everything is sorted now with powerflyer:)

Hi BippyM i have now sorted out the problem and i now have my 4gig hd split in 4 parts as primary master/40x cdrom as primary slave.I might have to press the reset button to boot again after the first initial boot but i can live with that
It turned out it was a driver problem with the software that came with my powerflyer gold.I gave power computing a phone and spoke to a technician guy who said he has heard of many powerflyer problems but not the one i was having but when he heard it was a software error cd0 inactivity suspend or reboot he suggested sending me an older driver for the powerflyer which he sent as a self extracting file and i have quickly burn't that on a cd for keep safe
I will now attach my reset card and try that out now

I am Sooooooooooooooo pleased now

P.s Anyone got any spare 3.1 roms for sale i messed up the first time installing the powerflyer (I have blown them up) i am using 3.0 roms for now but want my os3.9 back

Old 26 September 2002, 17:50   #6
backtoskooldaze

I forgot to sign in sorry:)

Rule number 1 always sign in before anything

I know I know sorry