English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 14 September 2008, 13:04   #1
-GS-

[Found: G.Nius] Platform, sort of isometric, blue character (?)

Hello! I fear this is going to be very hard… I don’t think this game has ever become famous enough for any of you to have the opportunity of playing it, but let’s try anyway:

1.Possible Name
I have a VERY vague memory about the title being something like “Genius”, “G-Nius” or so. But, please , don’t rely too much on my words (or better, don’t rely at all) because I could be completely wrong, and this could be a distorted reminiscence I have made up all by myself. I’ve never been able to find any Amiga ADF with this name.

2.Game genre – Description
It was a platform, but a particular one, sort of “false 3D”… again, I can’t explain very well, it’s been over 20 years since the last time I played it, I was no older than 6 or 7 back then. The view was from above, but I’m not sure it would be correct to call it ‘isometric’: the game screens were static (I mean, unlike the modern isometric games, like Diablo, in which the ‘shot’ always follows the player), and the perspective was from (approx) a 45 degree angle.
In this game, you controlled a sort of blue little creature (I recall it smiling, but again, no certainty) which had to roam several rooms in search for something… maybe escaping? Or recollecting pieces of a spaceship? By the way, it was a futuristic setting, I think the whole game took place into a (crashed?) spacecraft. And – at least this I can remember quite clearly – you could move up & down between levels using an elevator placed on a wall in the middle of the room.

3.Game genre - Specific
Nothing more specific, sorry.

4.Viewpoint
From above, sort of isometric. A platform using both X and Y axis.

5.General Dates
For what concerns the date, I really wouldn’t know, I’m sorry. I was too young back then. Maybe 1989? 1990? And neither do I remember the releasing company (producer), sorry.

6.Commercial Info
Don’t really know, my apologies.

7.Other Info
The only sure thing I remember is that the game was on a single disk (high density, I dare say). Ironically enough, after all these years I still own all of my old Amiga disks, even though I don’t have an Amiga any more (*weeps*). But many of these diskettes are without a label, or if ever they had one, a terrifying seven-years-old brat scratched them all! (Guess who I’m talking about…)

I would be immensely grateful for any help about this game… no matter if we can’t figure it out, I know it’s very difficult, don’t worry. Though, I’d still be very happy with reading your guesses!

GS

Old 14 September 2008, 13:06   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Could it be G.Nius?
Old 14 September 2008, 13:07   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Do you mean G.nius?

http://hol.abime.net/2683

Edit: Damn it! The Druid was faster.
Old 14 September 2008, 13:13   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Edit: Damn it! The Druid was faster.
I learned from the best
Old 14 September 2008, 13:58   #5
-GS-

Unbelievable… after less than half an hour, the title is revealed… I’m totally stumped! Dudes, you’re plainly great. And I thought this was going to be nigh on impossible! (*blushing*)

I’m a bit ashamed because I almost got the title right… G.Nius instead of G-Nius… so close… argh, what a shame. Painful.

Anyway, thank you a lot! You’re definitely the living encyclopaedias of the Amiga world!

GS

Old 14 September 2008, 13:59   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You are welcome
It was pretty helpful that you gave the hint with the name