English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 03 April 2012, 00:11   #61
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashren View Post
FrodeSolheim: Thank you for creating such a nice application for emulating amiga software. I have been following puae and e-uae (which I guess is dead) for years, waiting for a really good Amiga emu implementation for Linux. It has arrived in the form of FS-UAE. FS-UAE is the perfect match for my xbmc installation.
Great

Quote:
I have a question. How do I map a joystick key so when pressed it will open the FS-UAE menu? I've tried to map a key to keyboard_f12, but that didn't work. I've read your documentation, but I can not seem to figure this one out.
You are right that the documentation needs to be better. I must create a getting started guide, etc.

Quote:
I'm using a dragonrise inc. generic usb joystick btw, and the example posted here: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/custom...-configuration works.
The menu opens when you press the "menu_button" on the controller. Many controllers don't have a dedicated menu button, so FS-UAE also listens for "start_button" and "select_button" being pressed simultaneously.
Old 03 April 2012, 00:27   #62
ashren

Thank you Frode. That solved my problem.

Apparently the buttons labeled "4" and "5" are the select and start buttons on this "dragonrise" device.

I'll see if I can create a proper controller config file for this device.

Old 01 May 2012, 00:15   #63
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Just to announce here in this thread that FS-UAE 1.0 has now been superseded by the new 1.2 stable series: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64116

(and if any moderator reads this, this thread can now be closed for comments, thanks )