English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 March 2016, 21:49   #181
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
In Gobliiins you don't need to show diamond to enter wizard's house: [ Show youtube player ]
Its a wizard, that's basically a get out of jail free-card when it comes to defying sense much like "it was all a dream" in movies or books Naturally he saw the diamond through X-ray vision.
Old 17 March 2016, 22:02   #182
s2325
Zone Friend

You're probably right.
Old 08 July 2018, 17:48   #183
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
In Hired Guns, a character corpse can go through a closed door. Even if the door is locked (requires a key or a wafer).

Karmic (or psionic) teleportation?

I recorded it happening (1'11" video):
[ Show youtube player ]

The description explains how to reproduce that:
Quote:
In Hired Guns, when a character dies when under an open door, it seems there is a piece of code leading the corpse (remains) to be moved either North or West (respectively if the door is N/S or E/W). Never South or East.

I suppose this was made so that a corpse does not prevent a door from closing again.

As can be seen in the video (first map of the campaign mode), when you have two successive doors, if you kill a character who is under the first door, then the corpse goes through the other door, even if the latter is closed or even locked.

It also means, as can be seen in the second part of the video, that you can get yourself stuck if the killed character holds a key/wafer needed to go through the second door.
I am currently investigating another issue that happens in Lemmings Wars #1, which involves corpses, doors and stairs. While thinking about it, it made me wonder what would happen when you have two consecutive doors. That's when I remembered that was the case in the first map of the campaign.
Old 08 July 2018, 19:03   #184
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
... you know, I never noticed that.
Why did they not reflect the player - now that I know I can't play this game - it just looks wrong.

Thanks a bunch!!!
(Luckily this was not my favourite game)
Old 08 July 2018, 19:20   #185
clenched

Steel - Shadows cast by the little droids get larger as they approach the floor and smaller as they approach the light source.
Old 11 July 2018, 10:05   #186
Glen M

How about gamers that defy logic as in a bunch of middle aged men spending way to much money on 30 year old hardware when clearly much superior and easier accessed alternatives exist.......

As for games:
Final fight (or any beat em up of the type) why would I eat food from a bin I just smashed in an attempt to regain strength? "Hey I'll just eat this bin food quickly then kick your ass, oh no Salmonella, argh, gurgle, vomit, don't smash that phone booth I need something for have diarrhea in" etc etc.
Old 13 July 2018, 11:21   #187
PopoCop

Doom (and many other FPS games): too many weapons in inventory. One soldier is carrying pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, BFG 9000 and chainsaw. Isn't it a little too heavy?

Last edited by PopoCop; 13 July 2018 at 11:22. Reason: typos
Old 13 July 2018, 20:05   #188
brett71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Doom (and many other FPS games): too many weapons in inventory. One soldier is carrying pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, BFG 9000 and chainsaw. Isn't it a little too heavy?
Not unless you're The Rock...
Old 17 July 2018, 03:46   #189
amuleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Alien Breed II Horror Continues - who is inside flying helicopters? aliens?

Actually they are automated choppers.