English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 11 June 2007, 12:08   #1
GameBase
James

Send a message via MSN to GameBase
sourcecode released for new gamebase utils

Even though work on MAGE is continuing, I thought I'd let you guys know that I've moved www.bu22.com to a new server and simplified it a little, along with releasing some *almost finished* vb6 sourcecode for a gamebase database merger application. I've not the time to finish it these days so I've released the code in the hope that someone else might want to.

I also released unfinished sourcecode for a GEMUS plugin language that I started a while ago, if anybody is interested.

More details and download links on www.bu22.com

Cheers
Old 15 June 2007, 22:29   #2
AAG

I downloaded your source a few weeks ago and followed your compile order, but had problems getting the gamebase project to build.
(I'm not a VB developer (but I am a delphi one) and haven't seen the VB6 until I installed it via work a few weeks ago.)
Would it be ok to personal message you/email you with the errors I was getting, so that I can get a working VB build?? (If memory severs, it was something to do with an undefined listview item.

As an aside, I've tried the demo of Visual Basic to Delphi by delux (http://www.deluxsoftware.com/) and it seemed to do a great job of porting the code. Only problem is you can't save any ported code and I can't afford to buy a version. Has only bought a copy of this tool that could do the conversion for me??? (There's also "VBto Converter" (http://www.vbto.net/) - which might work as well - but the demo will only convert small projects so I've been unable to test it with your source).

I think the ideas in your front end are great, and that there's ceryainly some life still left in the current databse back-end and a little UI tweeking would make a big difference. Thanks
Old 16 June 2007, 10:19   #3
GameBase
James

Send a message via MSN to GameBase
I've PM'd you!