English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 04 April 2009, 13:42   #1
Volumetric

An ultra noob writes... loading cd32 games

hello everybody,
Just wondering if any one can tell me why i cant see any cd32 games in my whd game list when im trying to load speedball 2 (cd 32) in winuae loader? i have the correct files in the correct places, but i cant even see how to load a cd32 game in Winuaeloader. Any help appreciated as its driving me mad!!! Cheers
Old 04 April 2009, 13:58   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just found out about WinUAE Loader thanks to you Volumetric Never tried the game before, but I would guess that you just have to mount the CD image and that's it. If there is no option in WinUAE loader to use CD32 games, just mount the image using DemonTools for example, start WinUAE and choose the CD32 quickstart (make sure you have the needed kickroms ).
Old 04 April 2009, 14:38   #3
Volumetric

whaaaa?

i thought the point of WHDload was to load stuff as if it was on your hardisk, for faster, trouble free loading (particularly when using FEs) if i have to mount the image before i use it i really cant see the point. The option is there to load WHD games, its just that the CD32 games dont appear on the list.
Old 04 April 2009, 15:01   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yes you are right. WHDLoad is indeed for running games from HD and I thought you were talking about 'pure' CD32 games. Sorry for getting it wrong.
Okay had a look and WinUAE Loader seems to be based on the Gamebase MDB. Since Speedball 2 CD32 isn't in the MDB it won't show up in WinUAE Loader. Maybe you should ask headkaze about how to add extra games to WinUAE Loader

Edit : This thread might be interesting : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90737.0

Last edited by TCD; 04 April 2009 at 15:08.
Old 04 April 2009, 15:12   #5
Volumetric

Ahh, i see, cheers for your help cyberdruid, that actually makes sense the more i think about it. Also cheers for posting the link. hopefully i can set this crazy thing up the way i want it now. PS dig the sig
Old 04 April 2009, 15:20   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Best of luck Volumetric headkaze seems to be a quite helpful dude so I guess asking him if you have further problems would be your best bet to get WinUAE Loader to work like you want it to
P.S. Me too
Old 04 April 2009, 15:59   #7
Volumetric

Cheers muchly

hey man thanks heaps for you help, have managed to get the loader running speedball 2, only prob is, now the loader is ignoring the d3d filter settings and is displaying in a small box in the middle of the screen. I fixed this prob before by editing the WHDloader.uae file in winuae's config\links dir, but when i try and do the same thing now, its a no go. Any ideas? thanks again man
Old 04 April 2009, 16:04   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

There should be another file called 'GameBase.uae'. Try to edit it the same way you did for the other file. I hope this will fix your problem.
Old 04 April 2009, 16:12   #9
Volumetric

cheers again

thank you o sage like cyber druid, havent had time to check if it works yet, but its the best explanation i can think of. Now im off to get my ass laminated
Old 04 April 2009, 16:21   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hehe
If you get it to work, maybe you could post a picture of your cabinet running an Amiga game
Old 04 April 2009, 16:58   #11
Volumetric

yup you were correct, turns out i was editing the wrong file, for some reason i had a WHDloader.uae file in my winuae\config folder. Edited the files in WHDloader\data, and suprise, it came up in fullscreen. Unfortunately not setting up a cab yet, just trying to get everything to work with Hyperspin FE, not having an ESC key to exit is just about the last prob ive gotta fix (except joy controll for naomi & dreamcast, arrgghhh) so im stoked ive got it up and running. Being able to use WHD files is the icing on the cake. Now everything loads in a flash and all is good
Old 04 April 2009, 17:04   #12
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yay!
Good to hear it worked