English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 10 February 2011, 00:03   #1
NovaCoder

ClassicWB 3.9 patch level?

Installed this for the first time last night on my virtual machine, must so that I'm very impressed....great job!

I like the way that it's not patched to hell and back, only the bare minimum of the decent patches look to be installed.

Just wondered if the BB3 updates had been applied or do I have to do that manually?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10 February 2011, 00:14   #2
Bloodwych

It's only using what you need to install it - OS3.9 + BB2 as that's the official pack. Did you install it using a BB2 updated OS3.9 image? It must be installed with a BB2 updated HDF file.

Then, if you want to, you may want to install BB3 but that is designed for a standard OS39 install, so not sure if anything will conflict or if it includes patches I've already installed. Just try it and check the startup-sequence after.

The good news is all the patches can be enabled or disabled in the ClassicWB settings. Check them out, you have enable and disable options for many things.
Old 10 February 2011, 02:30   #3
NovaCoder

Cool have have a look, they are a couple of devices that are probably worth updating from the BB3 updates.

I normally like building my own WB setups for my real AGA machines but I think I'll just stick with ClassicWB now

The install went very smoothly BTW, only error I got was when installing iGame, something about a UTC environment variable missing?
Old 10 February 2011, 07:17   #4
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I normally like building my own WB setups for my real AGA machines but I think I'll just stick with ClassicWB now
That's exactly what I do as well NocaCoder mate, but ClassicWB 3.9 is really preconfigured to the point I really like.

I just installed Genesis from OS3.9 CD, and moved Aweb+all the other internet application to the predefined folder Internet instead of Programs. Also changed assign path for Aweb.

BB3 as far as I remember requires Aweb in Internet folder so I think it's safe to run it that way. I'll give a BB3 installation soon myself
Old 10 February 2011, 14:28   #5
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
about a UTC environment variable missing?
You can safelty ignore that - it's because Unzip wants to read some prefs from the timezone but Workbench isn't loaded. Makes no difference.

mfilos, that reminds me, I've been meaning to change AWebb to the default OS3.9 Internet drawer for ages!!! That's where it should be and was an oversight on my part.

The reason AWebb is currently in Programs is I converted a lot of stuff from the ADVSP pack, where the Internet drawer doesn't exists in 3.1.

I'll do it now so I don't forget, ready for the next versions.
Old 10 February 2011, 17:06   #6
NovaCoder

Cool, thanks again
Old 10 February 2011, 19:38   #7
Bloodwych

No problem. Are you going to be adding your famous wallpaper - you know, this one:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/novacoder/laytex.jpg

In the next version I've tidied up a few things, added a border black program when you disable copper, added VPrefs and Cyberbugfix (gives about 60K more chipram) with enable/disable options of course, integrated Zetro's AGLaunch into the main Workbench and the multiboot menus, added a fixed 16 colour palette (based on Rebel's optimized version), made 16 colour screenmode the default rather than 64 for a speed boost, moved AWebb and added the missing Internet drawer, replaced the Lha executable due to the 2011 bug - and quite a few other little improvements!

Last edited by Bloodwych; 11 February 2011 at 00:55.
Old 11 February 2011, 00:40   #8
NovaCoder

Hiya,

No I'm going to do some nice 1280x720 Anime wallpaper for my new A1200 that I'm currently putting together (using the HighGFX HD driver)....do you want to add them to ClassicWB when I'm done? Glad you're added VisualPrefs, I just PM'd you about that
Old 11 February 2011, 00:57   #9
Bloodwych

Sounds like you've got a nice Workbench project about to take off!

As I said in the pm, thinking of doing a few addon packs in the future including themes and wallpapers so we'll see. Thanks for the offer.