English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 12 July 2008, 18:29   #81
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

what is it with this thread and off-topic rants and general baiting?
Old 12 July 2008, 19:27   #82
Fred the duck

someone forgot to wipe

Old 12 July 2008, 20:41   #83
BippyM
Global Moderator

get on topic.. stop discussing craphanger and discuss wipeout only (The Amiga game!!)
Old 13 July 2008, 01:03   #84
capehorn

I've got plenty of money and I even hung around long enough to complete a season to get a gold medal. It still won't let me move!?!?!

About the game, it is buggy as hell, probably the buggiest game I've ever played, but if you can get past that, the gameplay is very enjoyable. I'm surprised it hasn't been remade in some form or another.
Old 14 July 2008, 15:12   #85
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

well i've scanned the manual now, but the pages are so thin (you can see the other side very easily) i think i will have to do a bit of photoshop magic before compiling it as a PDF for HOL.
Old 26 August 2008, 06:07   #86
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Horace, any luck on the manual? If you scan on a lighter setting it may make the printing from the other side fainter and easier to process.
Old 26 August 2008, 14:29   #87
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

its all scanned, it's just that i havent the patience to rotate/crop it all as required to make a PDF version!
Old 04 December 2008, 05:26   #88
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Just checking back in. Horace?
Old 04 December 2008, 09:18   #89
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
its all scanned, it's just that i havent the patience to rotate/crop it all as required to make a PDF version!

this still applies. I dont even have a suitable scanner i could re-do it with now, so the current one would have to suffice.
Old 28 March 2009, 15:13   #90
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
Horace, any luck on the manual? If you scan on a lighter setting it may make the printing from the other side fainter and easier to process.

My thanks to Cody for taking my scans as they were, and adding them to HOL

http://hol.abime.net/1736/manual

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 07 January 2011 at 00:59. Reason: manual added as PDF
Old 29 March 2009, 04:34   #91
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Thanks heaps for this!!!
Old 08 January 2010, 23:22   #92
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Stingray is working on a patch? So your pain finally comes to an end.
Old 05 March 2011, 17:04   #93
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Stingray is working on a patch? So your pain finally comes to an end.
i have a working install from another coder, which has been "denied" whdload.de release by StingRay.

It was denied release because I (even though i'm not the coder) should have said someone else was working on an install, although I never actually asked that person to start on it. (I just asked if they would be interested) - I will apologise to all, (StingRay included) for causing any unrest, this has never been the intent.

I feel bad for the person who managed to do a very good install in a very short amount of time, because his work will not be acknowledged.

Anyone is free to PM me if they want a copy, and perhaps ask StingRay if he will reconsider it's "official" release. I seem to remember other installs (e.g. Speedball 2) which sat on the "working on" list for a long time, which then got picked up by other people, because the original person appeared to have lost interest.

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 05 March 2011 at 17:09.
Old 05 March 2011, 17:11   #94
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
i have a working install from another coder, which has been "denied" whdload.de release by StingRay.

It was denied release because I (even though i'm not the coder) should have said someone else was working on an install, although I never actually asked that person to start on it. (I just asked if they would be interested) - I will apologise to all, (StingRay included) for causing any unrest, this has never been the intent.

I feel bad for the person who managed to do a very good install in a very short amount of time, because his work will not be acknowledged.

Anyone is free to PM me if they want a copy, and perhaps ask StingRay if he will reconsider it's "official" release. I seem to remember other installs (e.g. Speedball 2) which sat on the "working on" list for a long time, which then got picked up by other people, because the original person appeared to have lost interest.
Speedball 2 was different, Codetapper had gone into a WHDLoad hiatus, Stingray is still active.
Old 05 March 2011, 17:14   #95
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Speedball 2 was different, Codetapper had gone into a WHDLoad hiatus, Stingray is still active.
Anyone on IRC has heard me periodically asking for updates on the WipeOut slave for a long time now (including yourself - to the point of boredom no doubt) - it has been 2 years since I received any kind of response suggesting that it was still being worked on.

As i say, not looking to annoy anyone involved - it would just be nice to have the working slave that now exists released, and put the whole thing in the past.
Old 05 March 2011, 17:44   #96
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Ok Horace, you want it that way, no problem!

Quote:
Yeah, make me the asshole here. Had you asked me if it would be ok for someone else to take over the install I would have happily agreed, seeing that I don't have much time these days. I would have made an archive with all the files for that install (sources for the imager slave and the patch, resourced game files etc. pp) so the one who would take over the install could concentrate on fixing the problems with the patch instead of duplicating work which was already done.

Quote:
Yeah, and you never knew that I was working on that install because we never talked about it, sure thing. That's why I also did not add it to my "WIP" list on whdload.de. I also did not tell you what kind of problems my beta had (which is why I didn't release it), sure thing Horace.

Quote:
You should feel bad because you let someone waste his time. Which is entirely your fault.

Quote:
Speedball2 is a completely different matter. I have other installs in progress for a long time that haven't been finished (Hardwired or Goal! for example) but that doesn't mean I am not working on them. That's why they are in my "WIP" list on whdload. de. And since you are a member of the whdload team too you know that list yourself! So even if you would not have known I am working on it (which is bullshit anyway!) you should have checked that very WIP list before asking someone else.

Besides, if you "assume" that I lost interest in that install, you could have sent me a PM here on EAB but that's just one more thing you "forgot".

Then again, I can check your WIP list from now on and will assume you have lost interest in your patches whenever I feel like it and do them myself. That's just fair, don't you think? Right, I think so too!

Quote:
Anyone on IRC has heard me periodically asking for updates on the WipeOut slave for a long time now (including yourself - to the point of boredom no doubt) - it has been 2 years since I received any kind of response suggesting that it was still being worked on.
This is complete and utter nonsense! I've started the install 2 years ago (almost exactly actually) and I even told you which problems there were. And I told you many times that I'll finish it when I have time. Apparently you "forgot" a lot of things and make things up. Way to go!

Quote:
As i say, not looking to annoy anyone involved - it would just be nice to have the working slave that now exists released, and put the whole thing in the past.
I hope you enjoy the attention. And keep forgetting "minor" details. Way to go, really!
Old 05 March 2011, 18:06   #97
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Had you asked me if it would be ok for someone else to take over the install I would have happily agreed, seeing that I don't have much time these days.
Is there a reason why this can't happen now (putting the obvious dispute with Horace aside) ?
Old 05 March 2011, 18:07   #98
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Yeah, make me the asshole here.
as stated, I never said that about you, although you've been quite happy to call me names by PM. You have your reasons for denying the release, I just dont understand them considering your lack of interest in the game.

Quote:
Had you asked me if it would be ok for someone else to take over the install I would have happily agreed, seeing that I don't have much time these days. I would have made an archive with all the files for that install (sources for the imager slave and the patch, resourced game files etc. pp) so the one who would take over the install could concentrate on fixing the problems with the patch instead of duplicating work which was already done.
so if i had asked you a week ago, it would have been ok, but because the author asked you instead, it's now a problem to let them release it? Am i missing something here? I thought your reasons were because of the time you spent on it, (have you done a lot on the slave over the last week?)

Quote:
Yeah, and you never knew that I was working on that install because we never talked about it, sure thing.
except on those many occasions I asked you about it on IRC...

Quote:
You should feel bad because you let someone waste his time. Which is entirely your fault.
I find this one amusing, because I know the author of the slave PMed you and said :

"He (Horace) did mention in his original email that he had asked you quite some time ago. So, you do not need to be upset with him and I should have looked at the WHDLoad home page before starting it. I did actually find it interesting to do the islave as I never to use the blitter to decode the mfm data before, so it wasnt a total loss for me."

So, you are just saying he wasted his time to make me look like some kind of villain here? OK, that's fine by me.

Quote:
Besides, if you "assume" that I lost interest in that install, you could have sent me a PM here on EAB but that's just one more thing you "forgot".

Then again, I can check your WIP list from now on and will assume you have lost interest in your patches whenever I feel like it and do them myself. That's just fair, don't you think? Right, I think so too!
This would imply it is no no longer the Author who should get in cotanct with the person who has the game on their WIP list. You forget, I am not the person who coded this other Wipe Out slave. If you were to "take over" mine, would I be blaming a third party, or you?

Quote:
Apparently you "forgot" a lot of things and make things up. Way to go!
I've made up nothing here.

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 05 March 2011 at 18:14.
Old 05 March 2011, 22:47   #99
Abaddon

OK, this seems to have gotten way out of hand.

I will be sending my source code to StingRay and next time before I start anything I will make sure I check the WIP on the WHDLoad page first.
Old 05 March 2011, 23:45   #100
BippyM
Global Moderator

I don't fully understand the argument here or why there is a need to go about this in public.

Take it to pm or discuss on irc etc.

Thanks