English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 06 June 2014, 20:41   #1
Hercules
Vodka monster.

ClassicWB UAE Cannot set or change wallpaper?

Hi all

Upon installing ClassicWB (UAE version), their was no preset wallpaper set on installation, just a grey/bluish screen. Everything else works, but using Scalos > Setting Pattern to set and choose a wallpaper has no effect, and no wallpaper is displayed

Any help appreicated... screengrabs included to help solve my query.

Scalos pattern settings [picture 1]:-

Scalos pattern settings [picture 2]:-

Runnng FS-UAE (p96), Linux
Old 07 June 2014, 20:47   #2
Nobby_UK

Looks like mine :

Perhaps it is a Number of Colours Thing
or Something to do with DataTypes ?
Old 08 June 2014, 14:57   #3
Hercules
Vodka monster.

@Nobby_UK:
Thanks for the info. It should of displayed the wallpaper as its a fresh install... I did note in your screen shot it looks like your running Amiga In A Box (I say that because of the colour of the Windows, mouse pointer and AIAB wallpaper filename you've selected).... ClassicWB didn't even display the default wallpaper even after a fresh installation, so it's nothing which I have broken - I even followed the FS-UAE installation guide by Frode to install ClassicWB on my Linux system... Does anyone else have further ideas as to what the problem is?

Last edited by Hercules; 08 June 2014 at 15:03.
Old 08 June 2014, 16:27   #4
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

I would first try an .iff image as a backdrop to see if it works ok.
If it does then it's must be a problem with your datatypes.

Scalos settings seem just fine as you have them cause I just tested a stock installation in UAE and it works just fine displaying .iff backdrops.
Old 09 June 2014, 00:11   #5
Hercules
Vodka monster.

It would appear the datatypes for the various image formats are not being mounted on boot...

I have checked sys:classes

... and sys:datatypes

The datatype and classes are all there... Viewing a. Iff image doesn't work. If I double click the item datatype in devs:datatype then a. Iff image can be viewed.

Png images still won't view. Tried double clicking the png datatype as it won't view png images on boot up and no luck.

I then tried running SnoopDOS, and typing:

addatatypes refresh

Result: Output from SnoopDOS reveals that the add datatype command isn't loading any datatypes at all
Old 09 June 2014, 00:19   #6
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Datatypes.library present at Libs: ?
Old 10 June 2014, 23:46   #7
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Datatypes.library present at Libs: ?
Yup. Checked from shell. Its there. This is now the second install of System_P96.hdf (p96 ClassicWB) !

Again, for this second attempt at solving this issue, I once again followed Frobe's install guide for installing using FS-UAE yet again. Same problem - It works apart from the datatypes are not loaded. If it's doing this after two fresh installs and following Frobe's instructions to the very letter then something is indeed broken.

I installed the non p96 version of ClassicWB (System_ADVSP.hdf). That works and the datatypes are loaded on boot, wallpaper is displayed too.

Summary:
System_ADVSP.hdf <- datatypes loaded on boot.
System_P96.hdf <-- broken. Does not load datatypes on boot. Cannot view jpg, png's etc from scalos or via multiview. I just get the error message 'unknown datatype for blah blah'.

Workbench disks I used for installing System_P96.hdf (ClassicWB p96) were from a complete set of Workbench 3.1 disks that I imaged up to adf and their is nothing wrong with them, as previously used them to install OS 3.9
Old 11 June 2014, 19:47   #8
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Just to give it a test... I just installed the latest version of ClassicWB_P96 on WinUAE using an 1200 configuration (with 020/16MB RAM/AGA chipset/40.68 3.1 ROM).
Everything works just fine there and backdrops even in PNG look just fine as you can see from the following screenshots...

Dunno if it's something wrong with FS-UAE or configuration but I can say that indeed it works correctly.
Old 28 January 2015, 21:43   #9
gkreymer

Have you found a solution to this yet?

I have a similar issue with a fresh AmigaOS 3.9 install on an emulated A4000/68040 using p96 with the built in uaefgx device. I too am unable to load any images/backdrops until I manually click on the file specific datatype...

any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Yup. Checked from shell. Its there. This is now the second install of System_P96.hdf (p96 ClassicWB) !

Again, for this second attempt at solving this issue, I once again followed Frobe's install guide for installing using FS-UAE yet again. Same problem - It works apart from the datatypes are not loaded. If it's doing this after two fresh installs and following Frobe's instructions to the very letter then something is indeed broken.

I installed the non p96 version of ClassicWB (System_ADVSP.hdf). That works and the datatypes are loaded on boot, wallpaper is displayed too.

Summary:
System_ADVSP.hdf <- datatypes loaded on boot.
System_P96.hdf <-- broken. Does not load datatypes on boot. Cannot view jpg, png's etc from scalos or via multiview. I just get the error message 'unknown datatype for blah blah'.

Workbench disks I used for installing System_P96.hdf (ClassicWB p96) were from a complete set of Workbench 3.1 disks that I imaged up to adf and their is nothing wrong with them, as previously used them to install OS 3.9

Old 17 June 2018, 23:42   #10
remotenemesis

Did anyone ever solve this? I just ran into the same problem with the FS-UAE System_P96.hdf combination.