English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 January 2011, 01:30   #1
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Subway, Trident or FastAta problem?

Hi:
Here goes a long thread as I've been reading and reading and can't find the way to install the Subway (Trident software) in my A1200. I installed it before I installed the Fast Ata, but time ago.
Ok. I've got a clockport expander connected too, but I've tried without it, directly to the clockport on the mb with the same results.

Well, I have the Fast Ata running in Pio 3, the Clockport expander, and the subway connected to port 1 and the cables are ok (I've tried others to the hub port), and the light on the clockport expander lights on.
I've first changed the resolution to a PAL-High Res Laced of 674x554 because as I've read you can have problems with Mui if you haven't enough oneeee ....... WAIT A MOMENT.... I've been around 4 hours trying to install it, booted around 30 times and now I go to read the details and it works in that CF HD???????
I had installed the same way it in that CF yesterday (with the same way I mean that I did the same around 20 times) and finally it detected the USB pen. Today I started the Amiga and... no USB pen detected (till right now).

Well... just now I've tried to install it in other CF HD without success, but as I had in my mind the idea that it woudn't see again the USB pen in the first, I've tried it again and as I thought it doesn't show the pen AND NOW trying to find it I CAN'T. I have to say that it wasn't showing the Save option, the same as yesterday.

Ah: In Trident I'm doing: Hardware - New -subwayusb.device - Online. The report shows "Failure poseidon.library opening DEVS: USB Hardware/subwayusb.device Unit 0 failed device/unit failed to open (-1)

Well... what do I do?
Thanks

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 January 2011 at 12:02.
Old 08 January 2011, 01:39   #2
Cammy

What power supply are you using? If the Subway can't draw enough power to run the devices that are plugged into it, it stops them from working. Since you have a lot of extra expansions in your A1200, I suppose you must be running an uprated PSU like a Goliath or an adapted PC one? If you're still using the Commodore power supply, try unplugging the power to the CD drive and see if the Subway still has problems.
Old 08 January 2011, 01:50   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've thought about that too, Cammy... in fact I've thought a lot of things all day about it, but I've got a 145watts PSU (inside an Amiga one):

EDIT: Do you know what? I'm going to copy&paste this thread in Amiga.org, as the Trident programmer has all his answers there, but I'll be in both places at the same time...

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 January 2011 at 02:49.
Old 08 January 2011, 02:37   #4
Cammy

Good idea, I hope Chris can help you.
Old 08 January 2011, 03:04   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I like A-org, but things use to go slower there, as it uses to be less people... but I like them (well, I won't start a discussion here with this problems I have now)

I'm starting to think what will I put in my other "virgin" Amiga, as I'll can choose between an Idefix Express or a Fast Ata MK III to run the ACA1230/56, and I have still to decide if I will put an slot cd or a tray system one... well, this is for another thread..., it's just I'm thinking the Fast Ata can be the culprit.

Well, this post is completely off topic. Please tell me what do I do to detect my USB pen ...

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 January 2011 at 03:16.
Old 08 January 2011, 13:08   #6
Amigafanboi

I can't see the fastata being the culprit myself, you would surely have crashes and disk problems if that was playing up.

I would suggest using a powered usb hub
Old 08 January 2011, 13:22   #7
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I like A-org, but things use to go slower there, as it uses to be less people... but I like them (well, I won't start a discussion here with this problems I have now)

I'm starting to think what will I put in my other "virgin" Amiga, as I'll can choose between an Idefix Express or a Fast Ata MK III to run the ACA1230/56, and I have still to decide if I will put an slot cd or a tray system one... well, this is for another thread..., it's just I'm thinking the Fast Ata can be the culprit.

Well, this post is completely off topic. Please tell me what do I do to detect my USB pen ...
From your first post, if its saying it failed to online the device then its a hardware problem, not a software problem.

When you go to hardware tab, has it ever showed "Subway" as online?
If is showing it as online, try some other USB hardware, like keyboards, mice etc etc.
You could also try the "Config" tab, and delete all the config files in there, then reboot. This will reset all configs to default, as I have had trouble in the past with things not being detected. This fixed it.
Old 08 January 2011, 15:41   #8
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, I believe now it's a hardware problem. In fact I have just resoldered the solders of the clockport riser, but it keeps the same.
Yes, it has got Online two times, and after I've installed the latest software, version 4.4 it has find it once, but after a reboot I don't have the USB shown and doesn't detect it, just like before.

I've tried what you say now, deleting all in Config and reseting, and I've tried another USB pendrive, but nothing.

I use PFS3, does it give any problem with the software?

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 January 2011 at 15:56.
Old 09 January 2011, 15:48   #9
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Important update: I've taked the subway to other Amiga using the same Hardrive, and the pendrive it's even detected as soon as it boots.
I connect it the same way to the Amiga in which I'm trying to install it, directly connecting the Subway to the Clockport on the mb (well, with the risers) and nothing.
There are then only three differences between both Amigas:
The riser (yes, I should have tried with it on on both), a repaired ceramic resonator in this one and the Fast Ata. Now I'm almost sure the last is the culprit.

What can I do?

Edit: Forget about the riser, I've tried again with it on both, and the pen works in the other Amiga. So, the culprit is the butler... I mean, the Fast Ata.

Edit:
ANYBODY HAS A FAST ATA MK II AND A SUBWAY WORKING, please?

LAST EDIT: Following a moderator advice, I'm openning a new thread to ask about a Fast Ata and subway possible incompatibility.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=728506#post728506
Thanks.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 January 2011 at 18:11.