English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea, do you want to see this?
Good idea - let's see it happen! 8 53.33%
What a crap idea. Who needs another poll? 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 November 2004, 07:54   #21
Freakyweakywoo
(c) killergorilla 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
Sorry to double post but I'm a little drunk so can't figure out how to add this to the last message! maybe tomorrow!
I think you usually use the edit option Ape dood
Shesh, apes nowadays. And more stupid polls from you KG please.

I think Jim's idea is excellent, I know it wont do exactly wht it says on the tin. The best is strong term, but dont you guys just want to know what will eventually be the two games in the final. I know from doing my polls that at least one game per year usually surprises me by getting shed loads more votes than I ever expected it would. So most maybe alot of people wont agree on the eventual winner, but hey its gonna be an interesting Journey getting there.

PS If the letter 'a' is missing from any of the words in my post, its because my KB is about to die
Old 19 November 2004, 12:00   #22
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyweakywoo
PS If the letter 'a' is missing from any of the words in my post, its because my KB is about to die
And if your KB had died we wouldnt know which letter would be missing because it'd be missing from the statement about which letter would be missing .. or something .. hehe :P
Old 19 November 2004, 12:31   #23
Freakyweakywoo
(c) killergorilla 2007

say no more
Old 19 November 2004, 12:31   #24
X-ray
Angry Kid Fan

Let's go with djay's method:

We all post our top 10 and see which game is the most popular. We could make it interesting:

1 Platform
1 Adventure/RPG
2 Action/Arcade
1 FPS
1 Simulation
1 Puzzle
2 Sport
1 Wildcard

That way we are forced to choose from a reasonable variation in genre.
Old 19 November 2004, 22:54   #25
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
I have another idea (surprise surprise..).
As others pointed out, simply clicking on one game out of a list is not good enough. Because if I decide a game deserves 100% and another 95%, I'll pick the 100% one.. but that doesn't mean I completely ditch the latter.
So I thought of this: How about we RATE the games instead of voting?
Here's how I would have done it:
Each one of us nominates a list of games (10?). We try not to repeat titles that are already mentioned. After some time, all the games are posted in a new thread as a list (NO POLL). The more the merrier. Each member will then give a grade (%) to each one of the games in the list, if they've played it of course. As soon as enough people have posted, we calculate the results. That way we will not only get a "best game" result, we will have a complete list of graded games that will be very useful to the next generations! (drum roll)
Old 19 November 2004, 23:27   #26
oldpx

Good idea!

Old 20 November 2004, 02:49   #27
Hillsy_

Ok, let's also have a vote about if we can compare Secret of Monkey to Turrican II... You can't compareeeeeeeee...... Turrican II is instantly accessible, energetic, lively...pounding music...requiring good reflexes, hand action, eye coordination etc...Monkey islands is about puzzle solving, using the grey matter.. a story driven adventure. Also what about length...Can someone vote about Secret of Monkey islands if they haven't finished the game? How far in the game do you need to be to give an informative decision for voting. It's like comparing chalk and cheese.....

People like different genre's. Adventure, role playing, shoot'em ups. I don't particularly like adventure games, the best one was Beneath Steel sky for me....but I wouldn't want to condemn Monkey Islands because alot of my friends enjoyed it. I did play both.

It's funny...because today I was looking at a new Retro mag....it mentioned the best 10 Amiga games including such favourites as Cannon Fodder & SWOS. I didn't agree with all of their choices, but it was interesting all the same.

I think I would agree with djay & X-ray decision....if you are going to do it, use genre's as your basis. Percentages would give better results as scores can vary alot.

And no game deserves 100% not even the new games like Halo 2, Half-Life 2 or San Andreas...

Sorry if their are any spelling mistake, I'm sleepy....

Take it easy

- Hillsy.
Old 20 November 2004, 04:03   #28
Jim

I think we need to vote on wether to proceed with more game rankings, and if we do then we need to vote on wether we should set up a vote to decide on what voting system to use!