English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 02 September 2004, 18:59   #1
VinceBlood

Jaguar XJ-220 Demo version

Hi all,

I'm looking for the demo version of Jaguar XJ-220, the music is different from the game.

Thanx
Vincent

Old 03 September 2004, 03:45   #2
redblade
Zone Friend

If it is the AmigaFormat coverdisk version, I believe I found it on one of the coverdisk sites, either nthdimension.emuunlim.com (something like that) or amigacoverdisks(forgot the name of the other site).
Old 04 September 2004, 17:16   #3
ferrycorsten

just tried that demo out and the music on there is on the full release of the game, so no difference
Old 05 September 2004, 02:39   #4
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceBlood
Hi all,

I'm looking for the demo version of Jaguar XJ-220, the music is different from the game.

Thanx
Vincent
Just for curiosity...where have you seen such demo? Do you remember different graphics from the official version? If yes, this demo is a rarity! I want it, too!!!
Old 05 September 2004, 11:51   #5
ferrycorsten

im just hoping he knows that you can change the music on the stereo just before each level! and the stereo obviously contains that same track that is in the demo level!
Old 05 September 2004, 17:53   #6
VinceBlood

VinceBlood

Hi

Quote:
just tried that demo out and the music on there is on the full release of the game, so no difference
I'm sure at 100% that the demo version, I had, had a slightly different music (Journey theme), the size were a little more generous (more than 85ko compared to 68ko from full game version).

Quote:
Just for curiosity...where have you seen such demo? Do you remember different graphics from the official version? If yes, this demo is a rarity! I want it, too!!!
I had this demo from a french mag called 'Generation 4'. I loose it by crashing the disk

Last edited by VinceBlood; 05 September 2004 at 17:59.

Old 05 September 2004, 19:57   #7
VinceBlood

Yes it is this version !! 80ko
The number of pattern is different, I sent it to Xtc.

Thanx all !!

Old 06 September 2004, 01:37   #8
ferrycorsten

very very very slightly different, like one extra pattern and sample! ... isnt quite the same as "a different tune" !!!
Old 06 September 2004, 11:37   #9
tin

Damn.. I knew this was different for such a long time (demo version called Troubled Journey II on my HD) and didn't think to say.....

I think the demo version sounds nicer, presume they had to squish it to get it into the released version?
Old 06 September 2004, 23:02   #10
VinceBlood

Quote:
very very very slightly different, like one extra pattern and sample! ... isnt quite the same as "a different tune" !!!
For sure, I didn't say at first that the difference was huge or slighly, I simply said 'different' (bit language ok ).
I had forgotten the tune, it's clear that the difference is really minor, but sufficient for adding on exotica !! I'm a game musics collector.

Quote:
Damn.. I knew this was different for such a long time (demo version called Troubled Journey II on my HD) and didn't think to say.....
Yes me too, but I accidently overwrited it when I got the release version several years ago.

I noticed that this version has more longer samples. The lead sound, a flute, is complete. On the release version, the attack flute has been cuted; the chord are less brighter than previous. However there are some news sample on the release version dedicated to some FX part.
Martin Iveson were probably obliged to short at max every tune.

Last edited by VinceBlood; 06 September 2004 at 23:14.

Old 13 October 2019, 06:48   #11
thairacerjp

hello all, I sorry to bring back this thread from the background of the ages !! but I saw yesterday a demo of this nice game on Youtube and he had music & sfx on the demo pre-version, so I searched the version on aminet and tested also the version of Amiga Format cover disk and when I launch the demo I have this glitch screen but music is here and the car's sprite is moving , someone told me it because it was for A500 only (I have tested on CD32 TF330 and classic workbench ), the full game is working faultless on the same configuration.
Old 13 October 2019, 21:58   #12
redblade
Zone Friend

use killaga? or boot cd32 with OCS, cpu cache disabled. I remember this demo working on a friends A600HD..
Old 13 October 2019, 22:01   #13
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
use killaga? or boot cd32 with OCS, cpu cache disabled. I remember this demo working on a friends A600HD..
great, I didn't know kill aga, I will test
Old 14 October 2019, 10:53   #14
Gordon
Settler

The famous thing about this demo is the fact you have music and sound effects together. The full release was one of the other.
Old 15 October 2019, 09:56   #15
Hewitson

I assume the final version had superior music then, as it had the use of all 4 channels?

Regardless, games where you have to choose music or SFX suck.