English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 13 March 2003, 00:15   #1
JohnyT

Floppy disk Master Blaster ??????????

Hi there

I have been to many many websites but cannot find a working version of Master Blaster. Even that french website has 3 differant versions but none of them work.

Please could some one send me or tell me where to to get it I have been after this now for a verry long time i got other games i can trade

My email Adress should be at the bottom

Thank you all for your Time

Old 13 March 2003, 01:17   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Welcome to EAB, Johny. Rule #1 - do not sign your messages. If you wish to have salutations, configure them in your UserCP (see blue button above).

It's likely that something else might be causing three copies of a game to not work. But you have not indicated if you are trying it on a real Amiga (and if so, which model, specs, etc.) or if you are emulating. If emulating, are you on a 386, a Mac, an Amiga, WinUAE 8.8r8 or the latest version...there's countless variables. Impossible to help solve games not running issues with zero information outside of the title.
Old 13 March 2003, 02:30   #3
JohnyT

Well Yes there could be many many reasons.

But I thought It would be a good idea to find an adf of Master Blaster that has been known to work.

thus creating a constant factor that i can work around.

So again is there such a file out there

Thank you for your time

Old 13 March 2003, 05:03   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yeah, there was some messups...I have two copies of the game and neither were ready to run.

The first is 1.0, but the disk was stupidly formatted with fastfilesystem and OS3.x bootblock, then attempted to use KillAGA and setpatch, which will choke under 1.3, as well. The gfx looked garbled for me under 3.x, so I replaced the contents on a fresh 1.3 formatted/installed disk, removed the useless commands and it works a treat. In the Zone.

The other version is the last version (v2.21) which is freely available on the Diamond Productions web site. A version of this exists in adf format, but the contents are just dumped to floppy for WB play (and the adf filename calls it [HD]). So I expanded the LHA version from the Diamond site and made a 1.3-friendly, bootable adf of it, as well. In the Zone.

Edit: Oops. I upped the unregistered version of 2.21, so I will go up the registered disk now.
Old 13 March 2003, 13:50   #5
JohnyT

Cool Got It all workin now cheers me ol chum

Old 07 January 2006, 19:09   #6
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistin'Ghost
The first is 1.0, but the disk was stupidly formatted with fastfilesystem and OS3.x bootblock, then attempted to use KillAGA and setpatch, which will choke under 1.3, as well. The gfx looked garbled for me under 3.x, so I replaced the contents on a fresh 1.3 formatted/installed disk, removed the useless commands and it works a treat. In the Zone.

The other version is the last version (v2.21) which is freely available on the Diamond Productions web site. A version of this exists in adf format, but the contents are just dumped to floppy for WB play (and the adf filename calls it [HD]). So I expanded the LHA version from the Diamond site and made a 1.3-friendly, bootable adf of it, as well. In the Zone.
Hello

Would anyone happen to have these adfs floating around, please?