English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 January 2003, 04:35   #1
Titler
Zone Friend

Name this game and win, erm... *mumble mumble*

Completly un-Amiga related, but youze guys seem pretty knowledgeable (buttery-buttery up)....
The first computer I ever saw was my grandfathers Dragon 32 Eee... I can still I remember many of the games vividly; the Berzerk clone "Android Attack", with the excellent speech (but which now sounds like an old man with arthritis shaking a sheet of tin foil) and heart racing action (2 enemies on screen at once!)... The dark devilish delights of, um, Cuthbert Down The Mines... But there is one game I cannot for the life of me remember the name of. I'd dearly like to play it again under emulation; if any of you can name it for me, you'll have my undying gratitude.

It's a type of adventure game. You start in a burning building. There is a stick of dynamite jammed into the toilet. If the flames reach the bog before you do, it explodes, ending your game. Later levels are set elsewhere in the world (possibly Paris). Does anyone have the slightest clue what this game was?!
Old 02 January 2015, 05:09   #2
Titler
Zone Friend

Hi all at EAB; just popped back in to see how things were, and here's wishing a happy New Year to you all! I haven't played much Amiga for some time now, but I spent the night reading over my old posts and getting nostalgic... And found I'd never got around to stating, a few years after I made this post, that I finally got my answer from another forum somewhere.

It seems one of the first games I ever played, and the answer to what dynamite is doing stuffed down the toilet, can be found within... Pettigrew's Diary.

I know it's nearly 12 years worth of necromancy, but never let it be said that EAB is ever defeated by the advancing of the years. Except for that stinking, illiterate peasant. He's long since been forgotten! :P