English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 24 July 2019, 02:19   #1
bobrpggamer

Dishonored 2 Steam Sale

I had to let this be known as this is the lowest I have seen this game on a Steam sale.

Dishonored 2 - $7.99
Old 24 July 2019, 03:40   #2
Shoonay
Global Caturator

https://gg.deals/game/dishonored-2/
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/dishonoredii/history/
Old 24 July 2019, 03:56   #3
jmmijo

Thanks for the reminder, I just picked up PREY during the Quake Con sale on Steam

I already own all the Dishonered games.
Old 24 July 2019, 04:18   #4
bobrpggamer

Thanks for that, but I had problems with G2A so I only go with Steam or GamersGate, but prefer steam.

Is this a live feed you get every day?
Old 24 July 2019, 04:44   #5
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
Thanks for that, but I had problems with G2A so I only go with Steam or GamersGate, but prefer steam.

I personally use the Is there any deal addon for Chrome so I can see if there are any deals including any historical pricing.

I also use the Augmented Steam addon for chrome and Firefox, from the same devs.
Old 24 July 2019, 14:35   #6
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I have Dishonored games for a while on PS4, but never bothered playing any of them.
Old 24 July 2019, 18:03   #7
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:

I haven't posted a link to anything G2A related, as a matter of fact don't see a single G2A link on those sites vieweing them again right now, but whatever, those are just two sites listing the best current/old deals for most games in most of the digital shops.

Got them in my tabs auto-opening everytime I launch my browser, some list your wishlisted Steam games, some embed themselves on Steam's game page.
Old 24 July 2019, 18:39   #8
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I saw earlier HB is having Quakecon Sale as well...
Old 25 July 2019, 20:16   #9
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Good stuff, Dishonored 2 is definitely on the wishlist.
Old 26 July 2019, 09:08   #10
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I have Dishonored games for a while on PS4, but never bothered playing any of them.
Man are you missing out! Dishonored was amazing and made by the guys that did Arx Fatalis, an Ultima Underworld type game. as a matter of fact it is on sale and is recommended by an RPG lover that loved Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1700/Arx_Fatalis/

I bought a boatload of classic RPG games last summer sale.

The Bard's Tale Trilogy - $9.89
Ruzar - The Life Stone - $5.19
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar - $4.99
Realms of Arkania: Star Trail - $8.99
Dungeon Of Dragon Knight - $9.59
Armed to the Gears - $2.99
Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - $16.71
BloodLust: Shadowhunter - $7.79
NEO Scavenger - $3.74
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - $1.24

The thing about Steam, GOG and GamersGate is the Sales that will bloat your gaming library to the point of where you say, OK how am I ever going to play over 200 games from steam, over 120 games from GOG, over 80 Games from GamersGate, and my retail collection of about 100 boxed games. Not including Amiga and DOS games. The thing about my favorite games, RPGs FPSs Strategy and Sims is that they require a lot of time to play.

Also the age old question, how can you play FPSs on a console with controller and not a Keyboard and Mouse WASD Doom and Quake style? These being the games I practiced using WASD after usual the cursor or numpad direction movement of older games.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 26 July 2019 at 09:18.
Old 26 July 2019, 18:13   #11
jmmijo

Quote:
Man are you missing out! Dishonored was amazing and made by the guys that did Arx Fatalis, an Ultima Underworld type game. as a matter of fact it is on sale and is recommended by an RPG lover that loved Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1700/Arx_Fatalis/

I bought a boatload of classic RPG games last summer sale.

The Bard's Tale Trilogy - $9.89
Ruzar - The Life Stone - $5.19
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar - $4.99
Realms of Arkania: Star Trail - $8.99
Dungeon Of Dragon Knight - $9.59
Armed to the Gears - $2.99
Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - $16.71
BloodLust: Shadowhunter - $7.79
NEO Scavenger - $3.74
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - $1.24

The thing about Steam, GOG and GamersGate is the Sales that will bloat your gaming library to the point of where you say, OK how am I ever going to play over 200 games from steam, over 120 games from GOG, over 80 Games from GamersGate, and my retail collection of about 100 boxed games. Not including Amiga and DOS games. The thing about my favorite games, RPGs FPSs Strategy and Sims is that they require a lot of time to play.

Also the age old question, how can you play FPSs on a console with controller and not a Keyboard and Mouse WASD Doom and Quake style? These being the games I practiced using WASD after usual the cursor or numpad direction movement of older games.
Pish, posh....only 200 games, come now young Padawan, lets get that Steam Library up to a more respectable level
Old 26 July 2019, 18:49   #12
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
Pish, posh....only 200 games, come now young Padawan, lets get that Steam Library up to a more respectable level

He is just being funny...

I used to buy GOG games, now my library is stagnant at 319 titles.

Jmmijo buys everything and I just buy bundles (and as of lately, mostly HB
monthly bundle.

Hard to spend any money on any games, as it might be next HB play it first game.

Since April playing only 1 game and just tried another one (HB - Surviving on Mars) ...
Old 27 July 2019, 07:31   #13
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
Well 269 to be exact but some games in the bundles I may never play. I have a very strict taste, RPG, FPS, some TPS, Strategy and Sims (Space, Flight etc.)

Like I said it is bad enough as it is, I have about 660 total including some duplicates, about 120 I have finished that are in the library as well.

As my name inplies I am really into RPGs and some of these games take 100s of hours, I had almost 300 hours in Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. In 7 Days to Die I had over 200 hours. That game was intense 100 or more bloodmoons and I still had a base that was impenetrable that I spent countless hours making and improving.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 27 July 2019 at 07:36.
Old 27 July 2019, 07:49   #14
jmmijo

Quote:
Well 269 to be exact but some games in the bundles I may never play. I have a very strict taste, RPG, FPS, some TPS, Strategy and Sims (Space, Flight etc.)

Like I said it is bad enough as it is, I have about 660 total including some duplicates, about 120 I have finished that are in the library as well.

As my name inplies I am really into RPGs and some of these games take 100s of hours, I had almost 300 hours in Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. In 7 Days to Die I had over 200 hours. That game was intense 100 or more bloodmoons and I still had a base that was impenetrable that I spent countless hours making and improving.
Very nice, at least you beat me in the hours on Morrowind

I never played 7 Days to Die however, even though I do own it, I may just have to check it out thanks.
Old 27 July 2019, 13:35   #15
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Both Dishonored 1 and 2 are great. They are the spiritual successors to the Thief games, one of favourite series of all time.

Quote:
Once you get used to the triggers, the pad is surprisingly accurate. Not as precise as a mouse and keyboard, of course, but more than serviceable. I completed Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein TNO and Doom 2016 on PS4.
Old 27 July 2019, 15:23   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Took me a while to get used to it but with the help of Bioshock and Borderlands I switched completely to using a controller and I'm not going back.
Old 29 July 2019, 06:57   #17
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Both Dishonored 1 and 2 are great. They are the spiritual successors to the Thief games, one of favourite series of all time.
My favorite too, have you seen my post here:http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...71#post1334771

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Took me a while to get used to it but with the help of Bioshock and Borderlands I switched completely to using a controller and I'm not going back.
Well for couch play on a HTPC or like me with a 50' HDMI and USB cable from my computer room it would be ideal if I could ever find the will to try it.
Old 29 July 2019, 14:30   #18
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:

When you talk about time spent in the game, it reminds me of couple of us annoying jmmijo to play Skyrim for another hour to get nice 3,333 hours.

RPG + Sims (Space, Flight)... so basically - Elite Dangerous.

Some folks play it as role play game - just read log books @ inara.cz

BTW, just remember, 2 weeks ago purchased Dishonored 2 for xbox One for 2 bucks.

Last edited by Anubis; 29 July 2019 at 17:03.
Old 31 July 2019, 12:46   #19
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
When you talk about time spent in the game, it reminds me of couple of us annoying jmmijo to play Skyrim for another hour to get nice 3,333 hours.

RPG + Sims (Space, Flight)... so basically - Elite Dangerous.

Some folks play it as role play game - just read log books @ inara.cz

BTW, just remember, 2 weeks ago purchased Dishonored 2 for xbox One for 2 bucks.
I have a measly 266 hours on Skyrim. Of course I never got that far but I had my first nice house built, with some cool content. I spent most of my time working with mods and ENB presets.

I stopped to play I-L2 Sturmovik with my CH flight gear and at that point my bad ass i7 Extreme Edition PC died on me and then I went other directions, such as playing Amberstar on the Amiga, trying Legend of Grimrock and not really liking it that much which is probably odd to some, but it got repetitive after a while. I did finish the Keep though.

I have a boatload of Space Sims, but I am waiting to get a sim setup like the one here: https://shop.volairsim.com/Volair-Si...it-VS-01-2.htm. Maybe someday

I have heard a lot about Elite Dangerous, I do not have that one but I do have the entire X collection from X: Beyond the Frontier to X3: Albion Prelude as well as classics like Freespace II and Independence War Deluxe. I do prefer WWII sims like IL-2 myself because of the skill needed in dogfights that are so much more intense than say Falcon 4.0 where you rely mostly on your HUD and your rockets.

Actually I cannot get into any games right now for some reason, I just lost the desire I think. I am thinking of making a Gamebase setup devoted entirely to RPG games from C64, Apple II, Amiga, Atari ST, and DOS. It is a long project but I might get around to it.

I just checked Steam and I have 527 hours in 7 days to Die. The game is never ending and with the perfect base like mine I do not think I could have been overrun, the Zombies are brainless and really have no attacks to take on a well made base.

Here was my base
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

FPS was a serious issue with this game.

As far as Thief, I decided to make my own Fan Mission for Thief 3: Deadly Shadows that I never actually finished back in 2007 or so.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 31 July 2019 at 22:10.
Old 01 August 2019, 15:51   #20
bobrpggamer

Every time I show these videos (which are unlisted) it ends all conversation. I have no Idea why but I am into 3D graphics and have done a lot of projects (most unfinished) and its not that big of a deal.

The cool thing with 7 Days to Die is that you have one week before the Blood Moon, when all manner of powerful zombies rush you wherever you are and during the other 6 days you go out and scavenge for resources and parts and make repairs and then sometimes you have like 2 hours to get back to your base before blood moon and you better have enough ammo and your base must be repaired before hand. Just watching the base video for the first time in years I remember how fun it was to get all your scavenging done and finding the best items to repair other items. I never got all of the turrets going which was a massive project to find the guns and ammo for even one blood moon to try them out. I would have needed 10,000 rounds of 9mm and 10,000 rounds of shotgun shells to stock the turrets for one week. The 9mm was for the machine gun turrets which spit out 30 rounds in a couple of seconds. I wanted the devs to add some bandits and behemoths to the game and they promised it but it did not come out in the last patch so I never went back to game.

Anyway the game is amazing and I recommend it to anyone. I guess its just like mincraft with zombies and guns but if you put the time into it you would enjoy building your perfect base.

Well I decided to start a new game, so I installed 7 Days to Die and I have a decent crappy house to keep me safe of a couple of Blood Moons. just need some spike traps and some decent weapons, you have to be patient with this game, it should take me 30 hours to find a mini bike.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 02 August 2019 at 16:20.