English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 25 June 2013, 23:53   #1
oneloneknight

No Joystick support in original LucasArts Classic Adventures

Hello,

I have just finished creating raw stream files and .adf disk images of my old Amiga floppy disks :-) and only some Monkey Island 2 disks shows at this moment bad sectors and preservation is not possible?!

But now my question: I have launched all of my LucasArts Classic games and it looks Joystick mode is unsupported?!

Btw my PS3 controller works perfect to play the games included in the AmigaForeverPlus Bundle(Datastorm, ...)!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 25 June 2013, 23:57   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Is there a reason to play adventure games with joystick?
Old 26 June 2013, 00:01   #3
oneloneknight

LOL please no more...
Old 26 June 2013, 00:05   #4
oneloneknight

"Is there a reason to play adventure games with joystick?"

In the 80s I have asked me every day this question playing on my C64! ;-) Why is Joystick mode supported in ScummVM, I have checked it at this moment...
Old 26 June 2013, 00:05   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, if you mean a feature where a gamepad/joystick can emulate the Amiga mouse - then yes, this is currently unsupported :-/

The good news is that I always intended to implement this, it just hasn't happened yet...

That feature will be extra nice now that FS-UAE Game Center (the "big screen" alternative to FS-UAE Launcher), which soon comes to the development series, allows one to comfortably browse / run Amiga games with the gamepad
Old 26 June 2013, 00:06   #6
oneloneknight

Thanks Frode!
Old 26 June 2013, 00:21   #7
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Any WHDload games I look at updating which happen have mouse control, I am currently adding joypad support to... Maybe you could put in a request for the same with any specific games you are after.

The ones I've done however are because they also had keyboard controls to map...
Old 26 June 2013, 15:25   #8
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, if you mean a feature where a gamepad/joystick can emulate the Amiga mouse - then yes, this is currently unsupported :-/

The good news is that I always intended to implement this, it just hasn't happened yet...

That feature will be extra nice now that FS-UAE Game Center (the "big screen" alternative to FS-UAE Launcher), which soon comes to the development series, allows one to comfortably browse / run Amiga games with the gamepad
Oh yes, then finnaly I can play "impact" (my favourite amiga break out clone) with Joystick, oh that would be cool.