English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 13 June 2007, 17:51   #1
Espilonarge

Pink Floyd - The Wall

I downloaded disks 1-6, 1A and 5A but for some reason after left/right clicking for either the 500 or 2000 edition, it refuses to load any further. I've tried flipping through each disk, unfortunly it gets up to a certain point in each disk and stops, refusing to load (no Red Text Of Death thank god.)

Does anyone have a version that "doesn't" refuse loading after the loader/choice screen?

EDIT - Oops, didn't realise this is the "Problem" forum and not the "Request" forum. Its still a "problem" though when the version I have just refuses to load.

Old 14 June 2007, 16:42   #2
Espilonarge

Ok nevermind guys. I worked out the issue. X_X;

Last edited by Espilonarge; 14 June 2007 at 17:14.

Old 14 June 2007, 17:33   #3
Jimbo

If you fix problems like this. Always best to say how you fixed it, in case someone else suffers from the exact same thing and doesnt know how to fix

Cheers
Old 15 June 2007, 08:14   #4
Espilonarge

Seems WinUAE and the Pink Floyd - The Wall demo act "wierd" when it comes to loading disks.

First load the kickstart in to Drive 0. Once its loaded you need to have the first disk in Drive 0. Left click if your using a 500 system or right click for a 2000. Let it get up to the 3 menu buttons, move the mouse so the "creature" at the bottom is in the middle and left/right click and wait.

Once it gets up to "please insert the next data disk" you need to insert the second disk in to Drive 1 (not Drive 0.) Everytime it gets up to the same message, insert the next disk it asks in to Drive 1.

Just a note. There are 6 disks but most sites mis-label them. Disk 1/A is the loader while Disk 2/B through 6/F are Disks 1 through 5.

Unfortunately the ADF's I got have problems. The first song/demo loads fine but the second, third, forth, fifth and sixth songs/demos are bugged. They'll either load partially before asking for the next disk or completely mess up (loads a piece of modulation and then stops playing it). Unfortunly WinUAE also has a habit of "crashing" at a certain point when trying to flip through disks.

I went searching and downloaded a DMS version but I havn't given them a test run yet. May have problems as well if its also a bad rip (if not, the same.)

EDIT

And unfortunately it is as well.

I'm still hoping someone has an uncorrupted version of disks 2 through 6.

Last edited by Espilonarge; 15 June 2007 at 08:28.

Old 15 June 2007, 08:31   #5
Espilonarge

Pink Floyd - The Wall

The version I got down unfortunately is corrupted. It loads the Loader disk and Disk 1 fine but the instant it gets up to Disk 2 or further, it starts skipping past songs/demos and even has issues trying to load the modulation (plays one part of the guiter rift then stops.)

Does anybody have Disks 2 through 6 that arn't corrupted? I've been wanting to watch these demo's again since I was 6 years old (now I'm 24.)

Old 15 June 2007, 11:27   #6
Jimbo

Hmm weird. I have also stuck my version in the zone for you to check out. Let me know if they work ok.

If you havent got access to the zone yet. Im pretty sure the info on how to get access to the zone is in the FAQ.

Cheers
Jimbo
Old 15 June 2007, 11:37   #7
Jimbo

Both threads seem to have been joined.

Last edited by Jimbo; 15 June 2007 at 12:47.
Old 15 June 2007, 18:44   #8
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
The upoaded version seems to work fine if you leave drive speed at normal. demo breaks durring loading something on disk 2 if i set a faster speed on slider.
Old 15 June 2007, 18:47   #9
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Both threads seem to have been joined.
*cough*
Old 15 June 2007, 22:45   #10
PaulyQ

Still won't work in A2000 mode for me, keeps asking for a second drive when it's "attached" in WinUAE...maybe it's my config? Works fine in A500 mode though!!

Once I followed the instructions above the game was given away when the screen announced to insert disk into EXTERNAL drive
Old 15 June 2007, 23:41   #11
Espilonarge

Ok I've tried the disks that were uploaded to The Zone but I'm "still" having the issue. From what I'm guessing your suppose to set the disk drive at "normal" speed but if normal speed means "100%" then why does slider when it goes to the left say "Turbo"? Doesn't that mean its "faster" then 100% or was that originally the "normal" speed by Amiga standards?

Old 16 June 2007, 01:04   #12
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyQ
Still won't work in A2000 mode for me, keeps asking for a second drive when it's "attached" in WinUAE...maybe it's my config? Works fine in A500 mode though!!

Once I followed the instructions above the game was given away when the screen announced to insert disk into EXTERNAL drive
An A2000 second drive is called DF2. I imagine thats the purpose of the selection screen to determin where to look for the data disks.
Old 16 June 2007, 01:07   #13
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espilonarge
Ok I've tried the disks that were uploaded to The Zone but I'm "still" having the issue. From what I'm guessing your suppose to set the disk drive at "normal" speed but if normal speed means "100%" then why does slider when it goes to the left say "Turbo"? Doesn't that mean its "faster" then 100% or was that originally the "normal" speed by Amiga standards?
100% is the normal (working) speed. if never uses turbo so not sure how fast it is as i usualy ramp up to 800% but that doesnt work for this demo.
Old 17 June 2007, 09:27   #14
Espilonarge

Well thats what I have it set to at the moment (100% speed) but it still has issues after Disk 2 (after 1. The Bomber.) I have it set to all the default type settings so there must be something going on to cause the disks to start acting weird.

I'm also using kickstart 3.1. Could this be also another "culpret" as to why its not working correctly?

Old 17 June 2007, 12:34   #15
Jimbo

Could well be. Should always use kick 1.3 if the demo doesnt say AGA in the name.
Old 17 June 2007, 13:07   #16
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

i used A500 kick 1.3, cycle exact, 100% floppy speed, 512 chip, 512 slowfast. just swapped the disks as required in DF1:
Old 06 July 2007, 11:14   #17
Espilonarge

I know I'm bumping my own topic but I could still use a bit of help.

I've tested PSPUAE with the Pink Floyd demo and it fully works. There isn't any "breaking" when it loads 2. The Cross so its defiantly something in my config thats causing issues (thought PSP emulation can be somewhat slow or buggy which it is with 3D polygon's on screen).

Can I ask if theres any "default" configs uploaded somewhere? I really need to make sure something hasn't be been bugged with my configuration.

Old 06 November 2007, 13:02   #18
Espilonarge

I'm sorry to revive an old topic but its best I bring up the issue again.

I've just downloaded 1.4.4 and the issue is still evident. It manages to load and play 1. The Bomb but when it tries to load 2. The Cross, it loads and then skips straight to the next song (playing the same loader music but at a different octave) and keeps doing this for every other scene/song.

This issue however isn't evident when I play it in PSPUAE. Even though it stutters quite allot (due to the PSP's limits and PSPUAE still being worked on) it loads every scene/song perfectly fine.

I'm still at a loss as to why it works fine on PSPUAE but not WinUAE. What options could possibly cause this to happen?

EDIT

Seems that 1.4.2 was still in the system memory so 1.4.4 wouldn't run properly till I had actually restarted. I'm not sure what 1.4.4 did to "fix" this issue but its finally works.

Last edited by Espilonarge; 06 November 2007 at 14:57. Reason: Emulation wasn't "flushed" out of system memory till restart.

Old 09 November 2007, 00:33   #19
worldlam

I would love to have The Wall can someone upload it?
Old 27 May 2013, 23:26   #20
s2325
Zone Friend

[ Show youtube player ]