English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 11 July 2006, 12:15   #21
Ironclaw
Banned

I record in uncompressed frames for 100% quality and save the frames which consist of the different animation frames... then I put ALL the frames (screenshots) in one HUGE bmp file, open that file in pantshop pro and remove ALL colors not belonging to the game...

I used to remove pixel by pixel from each and every frame.... not anymore with this new (smart) technique I came up with . So ripping the sprites is not so hard for me anymore..... but.... the game is on hold as I lack the time and motivation... so no sprites (bobs as some say) is needed....

Will make this sequal sometime... when I get the time.
Old 08 August 2006, 02:13   #22
Ultron
Something

Does paintshop pro have colour selection?

If it does, you can select colours, and if the background is different than the sprites, you can erase a lot like that.
Old 08 August 2006, 03:19   #23
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
igrafix picture publisher 9.0 also allows you to lock a certain colour and delete all the rest (or inverse etc)
Old 08 August 2006, 06:14   #24
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
Does paintshop pro have colour selection?

If it does, you can select colours, and if the background is different than the sprites, you can erase a lot like that.
That's what I do.

Quote:
open that file in pantshop pro and remove ALL colors not belonging to the game...
But had a typo.. meant "belonging to the sprites I want to rip"
Old 01 October 2006, 22:51   #25
oyoryel

You could also take the difference with the background without the sprite (PSP can do that at least). Then you can select the background (it's become black), save the selection and load the selection in the original image. I find this is quicker than using color selection and modifying pixels by hand.

Old 03 July 2009, 17:34   #26
laffo16

Hi Ironclaw, im raising this post out from the dirt to find out where it stands. Ironclaw, how far did you get with the sprite ripping? is this still an on going project? would you be willing to share your current sprite compliations?

ok that said, i think i can write script which can semi automate the ripping of these sprites. if you intresting in continuing this project ironclaw, let me know and i'll begin writing the code for the ripper (i dont believe it will take long).

Old 04 July 2009, 09:26   #27
Ironclaw
Banned

Hi, laffo16. I've not worked on my Moonstone remake for years, so the whereabouts of all my ripped sprites (almost everything in the game) is unknown. I know it's on one of my 200-or-so burnt CDs, but which one? sorry, can't be bothered to look through them all (although I would have to at some point as I'm also looking for other things).

But you say you have some sort of automated ripping system , so shouldn't be a problem for you then.

I got the sprites I need to do my remake, so personally I wouldn't need this ripper anyway (I rip fast by hand, got my own method).

Since some years back, I've changed my way of coding, so if I were to continue on my remake, I would probably start from scratch anyway. Making this remake is something I really want to do, but I lack motivation... me wanting to do this is not enough.
Old 04 July 2009, 15:05   #28
laffo16

thanks for replying Ironclaw, well i made a start on ripping the sprites yesterday, have all the movements for the blue knight so far, still got to get the death by sword and being hit by sword animations. do you mind if i post my sprite compilations here for future reference?

ironclaw, what language / libraries were you planning to use. i really dont have the programming skill set to jump right into a C++ project but have spent a few years working Autoit and VB. Im just wondering what other tools i might require apart from C++ to help create an engine such as moonstone (with TCP/IP multiplayer capabilities).

Old 04 July 2009, 15:17   #29
Ironclaw
Banned

No idea :P.... I can only code in Macromedia Flash... only coding I've ever done... Flash rules if the game creator codes well and has an eye for details, which I do....

I've seen people which appears to have great coding skills put together awful games, like when the character moves, the frames of the walking animation/running/jumping etc isn't aligned properly so it just looks awful....

Well, I'm a perfectionist now :P, so my Moonstone Remake would have been awesome if I completed it....... got several games in the works... latest done was a Mario game: http://longplays.ath.cx/site/mario.php

About you posting sprite compilations in this thread would be great, as the title of the thread is perfect for it, which helps people in the future if they are looking for some. Making tons of thread about the same thing is not good... so go ahead
Old 06 July 2009, 06:30   #30
laffo16

first draft for the blue knight, took longer then expected, hit some un-forseen problems as a result, some of the shadows may need fixing.

Old 14 July 2009, 20:21   #31
ilm
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to ilm Send a message via Yahoo to ilm
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffo16 View Post
ironclaw, what language / libraries were you planning to use. i really dont have the programming skill set to jump right into a C++ project but have spent a few years working Autoit and VB. Im just wondering what other tools i might require apart from C++ to help create an engine such as moonstone (with TCP/IP multiplayer capabilities).
Hi. personally I would look into one of the modern high level programming languages. If you don't yet know C++, the advantages of C++ (if any) isn't worth the effort. Your coding skill matters more :-) Though, I would not use pure VB

C#, Java, ... (or even flash) are very nice languages and more than fast/efficient enough for these kind of remakes.
Old 02 August 2010, 15:47   #32
zenowik

hey laffo do you still have some sprites ? i making moonstone which you can play on pc and sony psp and some other portables,if you would like to help then i can send you very first version of the game and we can do it together.
Old 04 August 2010, 16:23   #33
zenowik

here is link to demo
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 August 2010, 16:29   #34
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You sure it's a good idea to link to an old vid as your 'demo'?
Old 04 August 2010, 16:31   #35
Konrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenowik View Post
i making moonstone which you can play on pc [...]
In case you didn't know, but Moonstone has also been released for PC (DOS).
Old 05 August 2010, 03:20   #36
zenowik

haha sorry i inserted wrong link ,it came out moronic
Here it is :
[ Show youtube player ]

I know about PC version but i playing my version on PSP also it can be up to 4 players coop.Now its 2.
Old 05 August 2010, 08:47   #37
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Except for the graphics and that you slash your enemies, I don't really see how that is Moonstone. Looks not bad and I like two player beat 'em ups, but do you plan to add any of the original Moonstone gameplay?
Old 05 August 2010, 13:07   #38
zenowik

no,i like it as beatem-up ,but maybe ill add map and choices where to go attheend of the stage
Old 06 August 2010, 02:27   #39
zenowik

new version:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DY0SL5Q0
I changed some buttons on psp and you can select from 3 characters not only knight.
Move paks folder to pc or psp folder.

Last edited by zenowik; 06 August 2010 at 03:03.
Old 08 August 2010, 15:54   #40
zenowik

Wow guys you wont believe it,i am in touch with Rob Anderson,creator of moonstone and maybe he will let me use some of his original drawings as bonus content but i am waiting for his decision about this,he wasnt angry about usin his artwork which surprised me,this got me excited.
He still have his drawings for moonstone in his house in boxes